Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, this is now the third time I've had to address this issue in two weeks. It will also be the last time; I'm just dishing cards from here on out, because it seems that some people aren't getting the message.

A few points...

RE: Discussing Rooney. You may think it's circular, you may think it's boring, but Rooney is a Manchester United player. And thus he's not off topic, and discussion of him (particularly at the moment) is going to continue. If you want to discuss another topic, then start up another topic. Opt to ignore the discussions you don't want to be a part of, and lead by example. Moaning about it (with posts like "OMG I hate this!") only serves to further disrupt, and are actually MORE disruptive then the discussions. In fact, many of these posts are bordering on backseat modding; please refrain from telling people where and when they are allowed to post, if you're choosing to put them on ignore, etc. These posts are going to start yielding cards.

============

More specifics now; as I said, third time in 2 weeks I've had to come in and post this sort of post breaking up the discussions that have veered away from the on-topic point and into off-topic personal discussions. I get more frustrated with the posters whose names keep coming up. There's two sides here.

* There's one side who are made up of a small number of posters who are pretty much now single-issue posters, only wanting to discuss a single topic (Rooney) and verging into taking personal shots against posters who don't want to agree with their opinions.
    * There's a larger group fed up with the single-issue posters who are dominating the thread, and are risking picking up cards in their bid to shut the first group up.

Lads, fair and simple solution for group two; use the ignore function if there are posters who you don't like. Don't engage in discussions you don't want to. Try and start up discussions you want to get involved in. Report posts you think are deliberate attempts at wind ups. Get in touch with mods so that there's a paper trail for them to point to when further action is needed. But don't start breaching the charter in a bid to assert, and sometimes bully, people into acting how you believe they should act. Thats not your job. Get in touch with a mod.

As for group one, particularly you Pro F, I'm sending a PM after I finish posting this.

But as I said, this is the last time I'm posting a massive big mod post about this sort of disruption. Both sides are considered warned, and overwarned.

(And as usual, do not reply to this message on thread and further disrupt the thread. PM mods, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Dunno if it was discussed last night (as I'm only dipping in and out these times) but Carragher did a good review of Pogbas performance last night.

Basically he was absent from his position at critical times early in the game when we were being mauled. Interesting stuff. It gives a lot of credence to the idea of him playing as a number 10 for now until he learns the discipline to play CM in a 2.

I was kind of pissed on Saturday that we seemed to be surrendering the ball in way you might expect a stereotypical Jose team would versus a Pep team would. I was particularly irked because we were at home and with the players we now have we really should match anyone, but I suppose it is hard to hold onto the ball playing with one central midfielder and 2 viciously out of form wide players.
    Selecting Miki and Jesse was a strange one, you might say they lacked 'Match rhythm' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Rumors of Herrera and Rashford to start against Feyenoord

I'd like to See Fellani & Herrera in behind Pogba as #10

Didn't Mourinho confirm Rashford would start? There were quotes on Sky sports yesterday

• bangkok wrote: »
    Pogba in Europa league?? These are the games for the likes of depay, Ashley Young, carrick, rojo, smalling Jones etc

Watford Sunday at 12 is a much bigger game

Rooney is not starting, it was confirmed yesterday from what I read

Still an opportunity for somebody else to play #10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

brinty wrote: »
    @kew and jayo
    Zlatan 4 in 5 I think
    1 in CS and 3 in league..
    Wish we'd someone playing so badly and do uninvolved last season but who was still sticking it in the onion sack
    #ggmu
    Think Jose night rest a few for thursday.
    Watford game is On BT on Sunday, bring it on.

Nope got one against Bournemouth, 2 against Southampton and the one against Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Pogba could do with the game time. He hasn't settled in at all yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Didn't Mourinho confirm Rashford would start? There were quotes on Sky sports yesterday

A lot of media running with that story, but the only quote I could find basically amounted to "He will definitely play Thursday", so you can take that as a confirmation if you want. I think he probably should start, not much to be gained starting Ibra in a game like this.

EDIT: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10575094/marcus-rashford-has-proved-he-should-start-for-man-utd-jose-mourinho-says

About half way down: "The next big game is against Feyenoord and he is going to play," Mourinho said. "I trust him completely. I know his future will be absolutely brilliant."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I reckon we will see schneiderlin and Herrera in midfield with Martial mhki Mata ahead of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

astradave wrote: »
    I reckon we will see schneiderlin and Herrera in midfield with Martial mhki Mata ahead of them

Memphis should be starting ahead of Martial. He has had chances this season and looks totally off the boil.

Unless he has been on strike in training, I've no reason to believe otherwise that Memphis has been working hard and should be starting Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

TheDoc wrote: »
    Memphis should be starting ahead of Martial. He has had chances this season and looks totally off the boil.

Unless he has been on strike in training, I've no reason to believe otherwise that Memphis has been working hard and should be starting Thursday

I thought the fact that he isn't even making the match day squads might be a reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I think Lingard should start on Thursday with Mkhitaryan. Worst thing for their confidence would be to keep them out of the team for another few weeks after the derby displays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Martial is a much more complete player than Memphis. Would like to see martial Memphis rashford all start Thursday night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I think Lingard should start on Thursday with Mkhitaryan. Worst thing for their confidence would be to keep them out of the team for another few weeks after the derby displays.

I'd like to see an 11 none of whom start this weekend so I'd agree with those 2 picks. All about squad rotation for me, getting the squad players fitness up, considering alternative options.

I thought the fact that he isn't even making the match day squads might be a reason?

Read nor heard anything substantiating that.

On the contrary, I've read little snippets, tweets and heard references on podcasts that he is doing extra training, and when not called up for the Dutch squad Mourinho gave first team players staying back some days off, he was in working on technique and fitness.

A few times now Mourinho has name checked him which I'm taking as a good sign. As opposed to Darmian for example, where it's suggested the two have a totally broken relationship and Mourinho barely references him.

bangkok wrote: »
    Martial is a much more complete player than Memphis. Would like to see martial Memphis rashford all start Thursday night

Based on last season sure. Memphis fit and firing is the better player for me. Although who knows what Martial will look like in a few years at Memphis age.

We have a player in our squad that if he can get confidence, get firing on all cylinders, can do for us what Hazard did for Mourinho two seasons ago.

I simply cannot let go of that belief that we have a world class player in waiting, who has just lost his way.

Another one of my big reservations about Mourinho on his arrival, his piss poor track record with wingers or wide players. Something I hope he just does better at United then at previous clubs.

• Advertisement

• greendom wrote: »
    Pogba could do with the game time. He hasn't settled in at all yet.

Where does this information come from that he hasn't settled in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Martial is having poor season compared to his last but he is no way below Memphis, Martial was getting into goal scoring positions and did basics right, all he missed was the final touch.

• TheDoc wrote: »

He did improve second half in our last win and he was quite impressive for France
    As was Pogba

I agree though Memphis should start, Martial looks like he still needs a rest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

secman wrote: »
    Surely you meant to to say: I HAVE YET To block...... whilst we are on the English language debate :)

😑 posts like this 😣😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Read nor heard anything substantiating that.

On the contrary, I've read little snippets, tweets and heard references on podcasts that he is doing extra training, and when not called up for the Dutch squad Mourinho gave first team players staying back some days off, he was in working on technique and fitness.

A few times now Mourinho has name checked him which I'm taking as a good sign. As opposed to Darmian for example, where it's suggested the two have a totally broken relationship and Mourinho barely references him.

Strange that he would bring him up and not even put him on the bench, especially when you see Lingard starting in that position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Based on last season sure. Memphis fit and firing is the better player for me. Although who knows what Martial will look like in a few years at Memphis age.

We have a player in our squad that if he can get confidence, get firing on all cylinders, can do for us what Hazard did for Mourinho two seasons ago.

I simply cannot let go of that belief that we have a world class player in waiting, who has just lost his way.

Another one of my big reservations about Mourinho on his arrival, his piss poor track record with wingers or wide players. Something I hope he just does better at United then at previous clubs.

Even with the way he was playing in the Eredivisie, I don't think I've ever seen Memphis play as well as Martial's good games at United. Not that that is much of a criticism, Martial is amazing when on form and in a position that's working for him.

Pro. F wrote: »
    Even with the way he was playing in the Eredivisie, I don't think I've ever seen Memphis play as well as Martial's good games at United. Not that that is much of a criticism, Martial is amazing when on form and in a position that's working for him.

I don't believe Martial does anything Memphis cannot do, or did during his standout season with PSV.

I really like Martial and think like most he was fantastic last season and he will be a brilliant player for us. But I do wonder if his performances were somewhat blown out of proportion at the time, and continue to be in retrospect, based on how poor everything was around him.

Similar to the Januzaj hype under Moyes, when you have this one shining light in a rut of dross, it can somewhat be amplified.

I'm not saying I wasn't impressed with Martial, but I don't believe I saw him do anything that I believe Memphis cannot operating from the left. I was more impressed with him playing as a striker with his tight control and pace and was annoyed he got shunted onto the wing.

And unfortunately Martial looks to be very much starting off with second season syndrome as I feared.

The fact he is not an unknown anymore, plus at his age and development, he surely must be a bit leggy playing so much in his first season.

Atleast that is what I hope it is with him, and nothing along the lines of issues with Mourinho, Ibrahimovic or his personal life. He looks just massively out of sorts. Hope he sorts it out soon.

I find it strange you didnt rate carrick ever yet you think depay could do the same for us that hazard did for Chelsea!!

Depay was a van gaal flop, won't be at the club next season imo

I find it strange you didnt rate carrick ever yet you think depay could do the same for us that hazard did for Chelsea!!

Depay was a van gaal flop, won't be at the club next season imo

Very generic comment

How do you know he wouldn't work under a new manager with a new system?

Strange that he would bring him up and not even put him on the bench, especially when you see Lingard starting in that position.

It might well be his attitude did stink to high heaven last season and Mourinho has told him he needs to earn his trust. Who knows, I'm definitely not believing the dribble links bangkok was peddling last season that were totally out of proportion or in some cases just incorrect.

I didn't follow any rumours this summer, so I don't know how close he came to be sold if at all, but considering I do remember Chelsea being linked with Memphis when Hazard was fluttering his eyelashes at PSG, I can only assume Mourinho knows there is a cracking player in there, worth at least a season to see what he can make him do.

I don't believe Martial does anything Memphis cannot do, or did during his standout season with PSV.

I really like Martial and think like most he was fantastic last season and he will be a brilliant player for us. But I do wonder if his performances were somewhat blown out of proportion at the time, and continue to be in retrospect, based on how poor everything was around him.

Similar to the Januzaj hype under Moyes, when you have this one shining light in a rut of dross, it can somewhat be amplified.

I'm not saying I wasn't impressed with Martial, but I don't believe I saw him do anything that I believe Memphis cannot operating from the left. I was more impressed with him playing as a striker with his tight control and pace and was annoyed he got shunted onto the wing.

And unfortunately Martial looks to be very much starting off with second season syndrome as I feared.

The fact he is not an unknown anymore, plus at his age and development, he surely must be a bit leggy playing so much in his first season.

Atleast that is what I hope it is with him, and nothing along the lines of issues with Mourinho, Ibrahimovic or his personal life. He looks just massively out of sorts. Hope he sorts it out soon.

I'd say Martial is a lot stronger than Memphis and a lot better at dribbling past opponents than Memphis.

I don't agree with the comparison to Januzaj's time coming through. Januzaj had obvious talent and obvious weaknesses. Martial doesn't have any obvious weaknesses when played as a striker.

I don't like Martial being played on the wing either though. He can do things out there when it's set up for him, but that is not always possible and I think he isn't particularly physically suited to running up and down the wing. That physical suitability to the leg work required when playing wide is the only thing I'd give Memphis over him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Martial and Memphis are streets apart imo. Martial has a lot more natural talent than Memphis and seems to have a better temperament too.

I hope Memphis comes good but he will never offer what Martial does. Martial has the skill set to be among the best in the world. Memphis has the skill set to be a very good player.

Very generic comment

How do you know he wouldn't work under a new manager with a new system?

I don't think he has the work rate, temperament or desire to succeed at Man Utd. Another player with loads of potential but not the right attitude to succeed

I don't think he has the work rate, temperament or desire to succeed at Man Utd. Another player with loads of potential but not the right attitude to succeed

But you haven't much evidence to back this up.
    He's played a handful of games nothing more.
    There was glimpses of what he can do in the CL
    And I admit also frustrating stuff but that was shot confidance IMO

I'd say Martial is a lot stronger than Memphis and a lot better at dribbling past opponents than Memphis.

I don't agree with the comparison to Januzaj's time coming through. Januzaj had obvious talent and obvious weaknesses. Martial doesn't have any obvious weaknesses when played as a striker.

I don't like Martial being played on the wing either though. He can do things out there when it's set up for him, but that is not always possible and I think he isn't particularly physically suited to running up and down the wing. That physical suitability to the leg work required when playing wide is the only thing I'd give Memphis over him.

They that part rings true with me. I remember pointing out some Memphis defence last season that Martial looked a little slack tracking back and carrying out defensive duties, which was part of the roasting Memphis was getting.

I'm forming the impression (from where I really don't know) that Rashford has more of a future and role playing out wide, where I think Martial is a striker. I hope that just to accomodate him in the team, Martial doesn't end up spending 2-3 season out wide left, missing out on time to hone in his striking skills.

He looked lethal last year anytime he was playing up front.

And there is times for France when Giroud is having a stinker and yet Martial never gets moved centrally. Just hope he isn't being seen as a wide left player now and nothing else.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    Martial and Memphis are streets apart imo. Martial has a lot more natural talent than Memphis and seems to have a better temperament too.

I hope Memphis comes good but he will never offer what Martial does. Martial has the skill set to be among the best in the world. Memphis has the skill set to be a very good player.

Guess it's just our own conjecture we we won't know how it will go until it happens. There is no real argument when looked at last season.

And yet in the season before, Memphis would have appeared the much better and higher ceiling prospect (from what I gather reading/hearing about Martial when we signed him)

I just really hope Memphis can achieve somewhere near his ceiling, and I think we will all be chuffed with the results.

But you haven't much evidence to back this up.
    He's played a handful of games nothing more.
    There was glimpses of what he can do in the CL
    And I admit also frustrating stuff but that was shot confidance IMO

Did you not watch him last season? Chelsea away, Stoke away, other gems as well, confidence has nothing to do with work rate, he doesn't have any work rate. Even the friendly game he played for Holland v Ireland in May he was shocking. I just dont think he has what it takes to succeed at United

Did you not watch him last season? Chelsea away, Stoke away, other gems as well, confidence has nothing to do with work rate, he doesn't have any work rate. Even the friendly game he played for Holland v Ireland in May he was shocking. I just dont think he has what it takes to succeed at United

That's not true. His work rate wasn't that bad. There was the odd lapse, not this total lack of effort that you are describing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Shaw might not travel to Holland,seems he has a slight hamstring strain.

While you can say that Memphis should be given a chance, we don't see what is happening behind closed doors and he might not be producing enough where it matters to warrant a start.

My reasoning for Martial is that I reckon Jose might play him to try give him as much confidence as possible. He will probably have a bit more time and space in Europe than he would in the Premier League. Play himself into form and hope that it carries on then

zerks wrote: »
    Shaw might not travel to Holland,seems he has a slight hamstring strain.

Got a notification earlier from FF saying he was 75% chance for the weekend..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

My reading from Jose on Saturday is that he was actually quite shocked at just how poor this team really is. The 1st three games papered over the cracks and all was starting to look rosy but MU have a very soft underbelly these days and targeted in the right way can easily be brushed aside by a determined team.

They have some genuinely WC players, (DDG, Zlatan, Pogba) but too many of the other players just aren't good enough. They are good, just not good enough. Either they are too slow, too slight, too old, or just missing that something that makes the difference. There is nothing 'wrong' with any of them, just nothing wow about them either.

And don't kid yourselves about it being close. City could have had a few more before half time and the second half they could have easily scored a few more. What typified Mu teams under SAF was there never give in, I firmly believe that the last EPL title was won down to SAF attitude and making the players believe rather than anything else. MU don't have that anymore an it will take more than a few weeks and a few shiny signings to sort that out.

They will do well in the EPL this year, and TBH, I am happy enough with that. Get back into top 2, back in CL and push on from there.

In the immediately preceding league fixture the team kept going to get the points in the dying minutes against Hull. After a horrendous first 40 minutes (roughly) the team dug in to turn back the onslaught from City. It wasn't a very good performance after that change, but it was once again a very strong indication that this team does in fact have the fabled "never give up" attitude.

I also very much doubt that Mourinho believes that the performance on Saturday was an accurate reflection of this team's ability. Rather than being shocked at how poor this team "really is," I would be sure that he was in fact shocked at how poor the team were playing, considering how good he knows they really are.

Jose doing his bit to keep the players onside: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-news-fixtures-mourinho-11878503
    Jose Mourinho has endeared himself to Manchester United players by guaranteeing them a specified day off each week.

Mourinho's predecessors Sir Alex Ferguson, David Moyes and Louis van Gaal all reserved the right to haul United players in for training had they suffered a defeat, yet Mourinho has specified an unalterable day off regardless of the most recent result, it is understood.

The move has especially pleased United's senior players, who are now able to plan days out with their family and children in the knowledge they will not be called into Carrington at the 11th hour.

Mourinho's rationale is that as United players they are bound to take defeats badly and, by summoning them in for an unscheduled training session, he could exacerbate the players' domestic climate

Sometimes the carrot works better than the stick.There is also a story around that he let the players have it out with each other at half time in the City game before he went into the dressing room,Fergie used to do similar and it tended to work for him.No more of the 'teacher/pupil' mentality that LVG had and that the players resented.

• Advertisement

Seems a very sensible move by Jose to ensure the players have a regular day off each week. Kind of surprising that Fergie didn't do that. Especially given his socialist and trade union background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Jose doing his bit to keep the players onside: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-news-fixtures-mourinho-11878503

Sometimes the carrot works better than the stick.There is also a story around that he let the players have it out with each other at half time in the City game before he went into the dressing room,Fergie used to do similar and it tended to work for him.No more of the 'teacher/pupil' mentality that LVG had and that the players resented.

Jose.

What a bastard.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

No doubt Depay has an attitude problem and he won't make it at UTD unless he addresses it.

He's missed a team bus at UTD before, turning up to training in a flashy Rolls Royce convertible. Dutch coach Danny Blind & Giggs told him to tone down his flamboyant dress sense and show a bit more humility. Also reports of him putting on a stone since joining UTD and being fond of the nightlife and snubbing fans asking for pictures at team hotels, turning up to training in a flash Rolls Royce convertible etc etc.

All of it is a bit in tabloid gossip territory but I get the sense he thinks he's a superstar and as focused on that as his football. He seems to lack a bit of self awareness like when he turned up for Holland in that silly hat and scarf, its screaming for attention tbh.

Of course how he looks when walking into a hotel or his clothes are not a reflection of his skills as a footballer and nobody cares if he preforms but he's not preformed. In some games he has been extremely poor and the few games he has been good were against poor opposition, but those things do reflect his attitude and your attitude is as important as your ability in some cases. See Ravel Morrison, Balotelli & that time Tom Cleverly "branded himself" TC23 on his own website after playing five league games for UTD, that was bloody cringe worthy.

It doesn't seem like he is focused 100% on his game and hime being a CR7 level media star is where he thinks he is at, without putting in the actual work to be as good on the pitch. I can't see him lasting at UTD under Jose if he doesn't do a 180 with his attitude.

Do I not remember some really positive stories about Van Gaal on his arrival? I definitely remember players speaking of him fondly.

I'm sure all will be well in the garden unless things go really bad results wise.

Probably a smart move by him. I'm sure he is acutely aware more then most that his teams will be best when they are all 100% invested in the cult of Mourinho :)

Or Rooney gets dropped and starts flexing his media muscles to undermine Mourinho

No doubt Depay has an attitude problem and he won't make it at UTD unless he addresses it.

He's missed a team bus at UTD before, turning up to training in a flashy Rolls Royce convertible. Dutch coach Danny Blind & Giggs told him to tone down his flamboyant dress sense and show a bit more humility. Also reports of him putting on a stone since joining UTD and being fond of the nightlife and snubbing fans asking for pictures at team hotels, turning up to training in a flash Rolls Royce convertible etc etc.

All of it is a bit in tabloid gossip territory but I get the sense he thinks he's a superstar and as focused on that as his football. He seems to lack a bit of self awareness like when he turned up for Holland in that silly hat and scarf, its screaming for attention tbh.

Of course how he looks when walking into a hotel or his clothes are not a reflection of his skills as a footballer and nobody cares if he preforms but he's not preformed. In some games he has been extremely poor and the few games he has been good were against poor opposition, but those things do reflect his attitude and your attitude is as important as your ability in some cases. See Ravel Morrison, Balotelli & that time Tom Cleverly "branded himself" TC23 on his own website after playing five league games for UTD, that was bloody cringe worthy.

It doesn't seem like he is focused 100% on his game and hime being a CR7 level media star is where he thinks he is at, without putting in the actual work to be as good on the pitch. I can't see him lasting at UTD under Jose if he doesn't do a 180 with his attitude.

And yet there arn't really any questions about Pogbas attitude, even though you could say he is the most singly outragous footballer presence on the planet bar Ronaldo.

In reality, all that matters is what he does on the pitch. That is it. Bar some highly unethical or immoral actions footballers take, no one cares a jot as long as the performances on the pitch are to expectation.

And the minute they arn't that's where it seems to circle around to the lazy journalism about attitude.

I really don't recall Van Gaal questioning his attitude. There was questions about his "service to the team" but we can look back now in retrospect having seen the likes of Di Maria, and realise that is more flair,creative players having to fit into Van Gaals specific instructions.

Mourinho has publicly complimented his attitude and hard work. I felt that was a purposeful attempt at diluting these assumptions he has an attitude problem.

Like, if Memphis isn't chomping at the bit when he appears on Thursday(and for me he has to appear) and really takes his chance, or if he isn't up to par being his first game, atleast shows good work ethic etc., then I'll have to seriously reconsider my chance at him.

Only for so long I can keep looking the fool backing this lad to be a big thing.

• Advertisement

That's not true. His work rate wasn't that bad. There was the odd lapse, not this total lack of effort that you are describing.

Chelsea away, on as a sub, sloppy pass and doesn't make a 100% effort to get back and Chelsea score. Cost us points and perhaps a top 4 finish

Chelsea away, on as a sub, sloppy pass and doesn't make a 100% effort to get back and Chelsea score. Cost us points and perhaps a top 4 finish

One incident. One. You said he doesn't have any work rate. One lapse from less than 100% effort does not lend credence to that statement.

I think more people took umbrage to a penalty he gave away or some of the free kicks he conceded when in a defensive position.

An attacking creative player being asked to track back and defend, did it more often then not, but then pillared when said winger makes bad defensive tackles. Plenty of times he won tackles or provided proper cover, but nobody is going to go overboard on that praise.

Not even entertaining him potentially costing us a top four finish. If Van Gaal kept him confident and continuing form from PSV, he could have been good enough to have us challenging for the title.

He barely played enough to influence any outcome on the teams position, so get a grip.

jayo26 wrote: »

One of my mates shared what he was saying into the chat group.

If there is anything more irrelevant to United in terms of "punditry" it's that moron making comment on United :rolleyes:

For all the sometimes outlandish headlines the press can do about players "knicking a living" there is no more personification for that headline then that horrendous cretin.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement