Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Rooney hasn't touched the ball all night ffs.

• Was Pogba in a holding role again?

Very deep again yes which is frustrating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's dire stuff.

Pogba is trying to hard when he gets the ball.

The ref is ****ign awful. Constant stop start. He's practically invited the Feynoord players to foul Utd at will as they know they will get away with it.

It's amazing how many teams still look faster than Utd in a lot of aspects of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

This is as bad as anything under van Gaal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just strolling around the place,need some one to up the pace a bit

Forgot Memphis came on until just there.

• This is as bad as anything under van Gaal.

Ah flint
    That's a bit overboard
    And I'm a Jose critic
    Europa league away game with the home team defending like ****
    I'd argue Jose is not utilizing Pogba properly but we have looked more threatening since he's pissed further forward with Mata off

Ah well

Deserved that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Offside I thought

• Advertisement

Lino looking straight at it

Got what they deserved.

Who is this spanner I'm listening to saying Darmien played him onside?

Anyway awful defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Imagine the damage City would do to Feyenoord.

Set piece expert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We've bought some awful toss over the last few years.

• Imagine the damage City would do to Feyenoord.

Who cares!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Who gives a ****

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Who cares!
    astradave wrote: »
    Who gives a ****

We should since they're one of our rivals for the title and at a level that we should be at but clearly aren't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Yes, lets aspire to be like City

Load of sh1te tonight

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sigh.

When you consider there were players trying to play themselves into the team, its disappointing how poor they were.

We missed Shaw and Valenica desperately; Rojo and Darmian offered less than nothing going forward. Memphis was useless when he came on. Martial looks an utterly different player than last year. Pogba was too quiet. Too many poor performances.

Shout out to the officiating though. Missed an offside for the goal, should have sent a player off for a second yellow and didn't, and didn't let the last corner take place :/

Didn't deserve anything from that. Neither did they but hey, that's the way things go sometimes.
    Pretty pathetic performance from the start. Feyenoord are a nothing team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Van Gaal out!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Soooo... Is it time to start talking about sacking Mourinho?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It was almost like a pre season game at times, would have been a bore draw but for a shocking officiating decision.

Disappointing obviously, but we will cruise through that group.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Christ that was pretty awful.

I'd question some of the players desire.

A pretty **** week of football. Jose really has his work set out to whip this lot into shape.

I know it's very early days yet but Pogba is the least impressive of the signings so far by a long way.

It was almost like a pre season game at times, would have been a bore draw but for a shocking officiating decision.

Said that last year.....

I wonder how long we have to be shít in Europe or just not be in Europe for attitudes like this to change?

United are a like a tier 3 or 4 European team right now.

Hardly a shocking decision? Poor granted but he was what? A yard off maybe?

When Utd play like that and with that apparent attitude they deserve to lose IMO.

• Advertisement

Said that last year.....

Me? Or you?
    J. Marston wrote: »
    I wonder how long we have to be shít in Europe or just not be in Europe for attitudes like this to change?

United are a like a tier 3 or 4 European team right now.

Well, whats most important in forming an opinion on how we will do in the group overall, how we are right now, or how we were with different player, a different manager?

I see nothing wrong with the assessment, Feyenoord are the toughest team in the group, and have been very strong in general, never mind at home. We still should have won the game!

Charity bets welcome?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

adox wrote: »
    Hardly a shocking decision? Poor granted but he was what? A yard off maybe?

When Utd play like that and with that apparent attitude they deserve to lose IMO.

The official was almost close enough to touch him, considering that, yes I think it was a shocking decision. There is no excuse for him to miss that.

United didn't deserve to win, neither did they really but that result may be better in the long run then the bore draw that it was on course for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Still seems to be some major problems with the attack, interplay through the middle is non existent, no invention. The easy ball out wide is used far too much.

At what point do we have to ask how many of these players are actually good enough for what we want to achieve? This is the Europa league, and we looked exactly like we've looked for the past 3 seasons.

Too many changes and not enough leaders on the pitch. I think starting Carrick would have been a good idea.

Still seems to be some major problems with the attack, interplay through the middle is non existent, no invention. The easy ball out wide is used far too much.

At what point do we have to ask how many of these players are actually good enough for what we want to achieve? This is the Europa league, and we looked exactly like we've looked for the past 3 seasons.

In fairness, it's far from our regular team and a lot of them were playing their first game tonight.

I won't be hitting the panic button just yet.

Any post match comments from Jose yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im a bit gutted and down hearted. I was quite happy to see that starting lineup but it just never clicked on the pitch

We are missing somthing tbh. I also think Martial form at the moment is a big minus for us

Me? Or you?

Well, whats most important in forming an opinion on how we will do in the group overall, how we are right now, or how we were with different player, a different manager?

I see nothing wrong with the assessment, Feyenoord are the toughest team in the group, and have been very strong in general, never mind at home. We still should have won the game!

Charity bets welcome?

People in general said it last year and year before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭secman

I didn't get excited about getting the special one and the prodigal son, didn't want either of them, so I'm not overly getting down at the moment. Attitude goes a long way in footy, ours seems to be bad at the moment, total contrast with Dundalk players busting a gut for the shirt...sad really... grossly overpaid prats some of them .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »
    I also think Martial form at the moment is a big minus for us

Really disappointed so far with him. Don't know if its the personal problems, the fact LVG built round him and Jose hasn't, exhaustion or what....but something needs to click big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Taken in isolation a B team looking flat and disjointed is hardly surprising, its rare to throw a new team together and expect them to impress against teams of any decent quality.

Still disappointed though, we need to start seeing more from many players in our squad and they need to take their chances.

We are also seeing why I thought a world record fee for Pogba was a bad decision and we also cannot ignore that fact that Martial is no better than Memphis at this stage. Its not one or two games any more, he is struggling badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Team is crying out for carrick IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Juan Mata is writing a poetry book, hopes to have it out for Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Pretty muck performance but not really that annoyed over it. Wholesale changes, the referee was terrible making it very stop start and Feyenoord were just breaking the game up.

Lessons need to be learned though, we need to come up against a team who invite us and absolutely thump them. Too many teams seem happy to let us play around in front of them. Rojo has very much played his way out of the squad, and Martial I think has played his way out of the starting IX, pretty turgid again.

Surprised at the Memphis critique, one wild shot aside I thought he showed some nice touches and linkup play for his first minutes of the season. Thought Darmian looked pretty decent, Herrera was busy and Schneiderlan was solid. Annoyed at the two of them though occupying space with the centre halves.

This 4-2-3-1 is going to be an issue. The gap between ball in defence, and moving into attack is staggering. All little sideways and triangles and just no acceleration to move into attack.

Team is crying out for a 4-3-3 and playing one holding CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Only caught the second half but I though Memphis had a decent cameo.

Not to worried about Martial as our attacking play in general has been so so.

Thought we were too narrow with two inside forwards and defensive minded full backs.

Where did Pogba play in the first half ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

beno619 wrote: »
    Only caught the second half but I though Memphis had a decent cameo.

Not to worried about Martial as our attacking play in general has been so so.

Thought we were too narrow with two inside forwards and defensive minded full backs.

Where did Pogba play in the first half ?

The general idea seemed to be having the fullbacks provide the width and wide players tuck in which is fine in theory, but Rojo was extremely poor and there was really no slick interplay. Which I guess is maybe to be expected from so many changes.

I really don't see an issue now with trying Schneiderlan/Fellaini as a single DM and then Pogba and Hererra in a midfield three. They have the engine to work the pitch.

There is just this massive distance between our transitions that we cannot bridge, and probably being a bit covered up by Zlatan being a beast back to goal, but rashford really exposed the problem for me tonight.

Can we not just write Rojo off as an asset?

RobertKK wrote: »
    Juan Mata is writing a poetry book, hopes to have it out for Christmas.
    He won't top my haiku.

We are kind of shít.
    But we do have a nice kit.
    Pogba is a flop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Can we not just write Rojo off as an asset?
    Hater, remember the pass, yeah well then shut up :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement