Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

zerks wrote: »
    Somebody else took a selfie too.

basti500.jpg

Looks like the east stand was full of boards tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

irishchris wrote: »
    I had two scary looking Mancunians behind me so agreed totally with them that Rooney was an overweight, overpaid troll although they were also giving fellaini stick who I thought had a really solid game but wasn't going to argue with them lol

Yeh one guy kept screaming everytime Shaw got the ball "oh here comes the fat bastad down the wing" I donno but I think Shaw is pretty well toned.

irishchris wrote: »
    Looks like the east stand was full of boards tonight!

Bastian is on boards???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

I keep wishing we were in the Champions League. But then I remember if we were we'd prob still have LVG...! Good win tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yeh one guy kept screaming everytime Shaw got the ball "oh here comes the fat bastad down the wing" I donno but I think Shaw is pretty well toned.

The funny thing is the guy shouting it was probably munching into his 5th pie at that stage 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I'm a bit concerned that Southampton dominated possession though

That was us last season. Dominating possession and not winning games. I'm not one bit concerned about winning the possession battle ever again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Congratulations M!CK on getting an early runner for 'match thread post of the year'
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    sabat wrote: »
    Cmon Southampton, take a sh1t on this smug circle-jerk.

Jerk on this ;)

VMQdGNbh.jpg

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Poor Basti

• Advertisement

macslash wrote: »
    I keep wishing we were in the Champions League. But then I remember if we were we'd prob still have LVG...! Good win tonight!
    Yep, wasn't proud of it but I didn't want a top 4 finish last year near the end (or in Moyes' season). Sometimes it's better to fail spectacularly and realise there are lots of problems, than to just be mediocre and waste away over time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

So excited seeing the potential we have in the squad.

Lads and ladies, does this squad not remind you of an early Fergie team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Jayop wrote: »
    Lads and ladies, does this squad not remind you of an early Fergie team?

As in late 80's early?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

As in late 80's early?

Probably mid to late 90's for me when we had a great mix of youth and experience with a couple of world class players and we were brilliant to watch

As in late 80's early?

Dave has the right of it. The mix of experience and youth. Skill and power. Pace and panache. Always going forward, always looking for a handy goal. I love it.

• Advertisement

Dave has the right of it. The mix of experience and youth. Skill and power. Pace and panache. Always going forward, always looking for a handy goal. I love it.

So not really an early Fergie team then ;)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Define early? :)

It could have been an East Sterlingshire team I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Zlatan is a beast...34 goddammit!!!
    Thought Rooney was poor until the assist, actually we ceded Southampton a lot of possession in that first 25 and they got into some good spots but they're sorely lacking up top now with options, the annual purge having taken place
    Full back play was enjoyable to see
    Thought Fellaini was excellent, and Pogba had a great start, some of those turns...so aware and casual at the same time
    I think we're going to see a lot of rotation with martial and matas starting spots this season. Blind another solid game with Baily, who did have a couple of lapses which thankfully didn't cost us...redmond made a lovely move off him in the first half only to fizz a cross too hard and then in the second he was caught out badly on the end line...little alerts for me anyway that a better attack would punish
    6/6 ...city in two games time, can't wait

Mid 90's was still early enough in his tenure considering he stayed for 27 years, ya padantic pat :D

Define early? :)

It could have been an East Sterlingshire team I meant.

Well I did assume you meant an early Fergie United team :)

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    Mid 90's was still early enough in his tenure considering he stayed for 27 years, ya padantic pat :D

Has to be done :)

When a manager has been in charge for 10 or so years I don't see him as being in the early part of his time anymore :P

Tis that hour, twas a good day and the divilment will be had

Well I did assume you meant an early Fergie United team :)

I totally did. Still consider 96 (my second favorite United team) an early Fergie team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I love fellaini, that was drool sexy as **** football tonight, swagger, class, who's the man football tonight.

Southampton are a very good side, more passes, possession but **** passes and possession it's about how clinical you are in front of goal. We have zlatan. Lethal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

bangkok wrote: »
    I love fellaini, that was drool sexy as **** football tonight, swagger, class, who's the man football tonight.

Southampton are a very good side, more passes, possession but **** passes and possession it's about how clinical you are in front of goal. We have zlatan. Lethal

rs_500x210-150603125232-anigif_enhanced-buzz-11799-1403287509-4.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

I just finished watching the game........wow

Now it wasn't perfect but the attacking threat!!! The speed of play!!! The incentive to move the ball with purpose!!!

Pogba was amazing and Ibra is God. Solid 3 points. Clean sheet. Entertaining attacking football. Happy out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

https://twitter.com/usainbolt/status/766739656620838912

Love Usain Bolt. He completed a great night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

qS6Si7h.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

I love fellaini

giphy.gif

Bookmarked! :P

WgFOEhAcSpCjS.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,591 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

J. Marston wrote: »
    qS6Si7h.gif

Curb, can't beat it.
    Except if Jose's United were taking it on... :)

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'm working this morning for a few hours and I don't even care.

Paul Pogba plays for us.

Paul fcukin Pogba.

I'm still buzzing after watching him last night.

He is a outrageous specimen of an athlete.

Pace, massive strength, power, can pass, can dribble, can tackle.

He is literally the perfect player for us and exactly what we needed.

He has infinite potential and last night was only his first game.

I cannot wait to see what we look like with 8 or 9 games together under our belt.

beavis-butthead-rock-out_o_GIFSoupcom.gif~c200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Pogba had 71 passes last night, nearly double the next player had.

Wow.

Pogba had 71 passes last night, nearly double the next player had.

Wow.

Any graph to show how many were backwards or sideways? How many miss controls? How many vertices offers?

Don't come here with your sh1t statistics and nothing to back them up ;););)

He did see the ball a lot infairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Jayo is very happy this morning
    Full of sarcasm ;)

jayo26 wrote: »
    Any graph to show how many were backwards or sideways? How many miss controls? How many vertices offers?

Don't come here with your sh1t statistics and nothing to back them up ;););)

He did see the ball a lot infairness.

It was just one thing but his very first possession was a bad miscontrol. I thought he was excellent though, he's such a presence in the middle of the pitch. Assuming he integrates more into the team, gets to know his teammates and the way they play etc etc, he's going to be straight up brilliant.

I'm just listening to the 5 Live podcast, they've described the first goal as a "bullet header from close range"... that is not what it was at all. It was quite far out for a header and it was the placement as much as the power that did it, was a really excellent finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Fellaini had more passes than Mata and Rooney last night.

Sad to see Herrera miss out but dam the 2 big lads in midfield are just beasts.

Cant see Carrick or Schneiderlin getting much game time this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

De Gea seems to be getting complacent just standing there, if he wants to hold on to his POTY title he's going to have to start running the pitch and get some goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

The sooner the better the Europa league starts. Plenty of lads that could do with some game time.
    Can't see Schneiderlin getting much of a look in at present. I'd love to see him get a crack in a new system. I think his game suffered a lot under LvG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

The sooner the better the Europa league starts. Plenty of lads that could do with some game time.
    Can't see Schneiderlin getting much of a look in at present. I'd love to see him get a crack in a new system. I think his game suffered a lot under LvG.

Jose said the very same thing in his post match interview. Looking forward to September for Europa and capitol cup to get all the squad game time.

I was really hoping Rashford would get 10-15 mins last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

De Gea seems to be getting complacent just standing there, if he wants to hold on to his POTY title he's going to have to start running the pitch and get some goals

Ya instead of the normal run of the mill kick out he should be trying a rabona pass out wide to Shaw or to Tony V and if he wants to go long,just flick it up and volley it to Pogba

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Taken from Reddit:

Pogba and Fellaini in midfield is like having a threesome with Megan Fox and Susan Boyle.

:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It is hard not to feel very positive about this upcoming season which currently promises so much.

I don't like it, I love it that we have a really good alternative team to play the Europa League, it would be nice to go and win it, while not compromising our PL chances.

Hull next weekend, which should be another three points.

The team has proper star dust on the pitch and off it this season. It is like the foundations have been poured for great success and when we are back in the CL next season, it will be easy to make the team contenders to win it.

Everything is coming together for dominance and we can take the battle to City and everyone else. I don't think I felt this way since Ronaldo left. You can feel something special is happening at United again. That is what is so exciting. Confidence must be sky high at the club right now.

Bailly and Blind so far have been great together, better than Smalling and Blind last season.
    Valencia and Shaw, our full backs have been great, missed Shaw so much last year, and Valencia is like a new player.
    Pogba and Felliani, another partnership that looks so so good.
    Zlatan and Rooney, most of us love to criticise Rooney, I do criticise him but so far this is bringing us goals.
    Mata has shown he has a place in the team, Martial in the second hald showed signs he could be playing himself back into form, Mkhitaryan looked really good for the time he played and there are other players of top quality not mentioned...

How can one not be on cloud nine today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Taken from Reddit:

Pogba and Fellaini in midfield is like having a threesome with Megan Fox and Susan Boyle.

:p:p

Meh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You know what, I like that we have our game done by Friday night. Sitting top of the table with 6/6 points, puts the pressure on everyone else while I can kick back and watch the weekend's football.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Frustrating that we have to wait so long to watch them play again. Not looking forward to the international break at all.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You know what, I like that we have our game done by Friday night. Sitting top of the table with 6/6 points, puts the pressure on everyone else while I can kick back and watch the weekend's football.

Yup, the only thing I'm worried about is my Fantasy football :D a hell of a lot of people had Ibra as their captain

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJUrbcAjTzo
    paulpogbaLe retour du SpiderPogz, bon samedi a tous ��SpiderPogz attacks again, good Saturday everyone @manchesterunited @equipedefrance #pogback #spiderman

No words :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Nalz wrote: »
    Meh

You don't rate Susan Boyle?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement