Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Some ****in dip on that! Gomes thought it was miles over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,227 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Martial needs to be dropped. Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Not the first time this game Martial has been caught in possession.

Have to say Watford should have scored already though.

A few poor mistakes already. Need that to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Looked like Martial was fouled to me. Seemed to take his left leg before getting something on the ball.

I hope Memphis comes on now and can prove himself. Perfect scenario now for him to come on and make a claim for himself

Edit. Nope young is on, I won't get my fairytale so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Martial was fouled there for me. Watford player had to go through Martial to get the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Honeymoon is well and truly over!

Where running out of excuses lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Oh Martial!

Apart from that too many indivual unforced errors. Lack of tempo.

Utd don't look like they know what they are doing.

Looked like Martial was fouled to me. Seemed to take his left leg before getting something on the ball.

I think the decision will split opinions. I can understand people saying it's a foul but I think it was a good tackle.

Personally if one of our players made a tackle like that I would be praising them for it so I'm not going to give out about the decision going against us.

Either way though it is a debatable decision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

This is horrific

And people were saying the midweek game was so bad just because we were missing 4 or 5 starters?

It seems to be ingrained in the club, we don't know how to play ball. Our players seem to go through the motions for 90 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Jose at start of season... Rooney doesnt belong in midfield as number 6 or 8.....

Where did he start this game? Right side of midfield 3. With 3 actual midfielders sitting on the bench.
    What the hell does Wayne Rooney actually do for the team now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Martial taking the easy way out by going off, seemed grand before he lost possession of the ball for the goal.

Another soft French player, he's no Cantona:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

This is horrific

And people were saying the midweek game was so bad just because we were missing 4 or 5 starters?

It seems to be ingrained in the club, we don't know how to play ball. Our players seem to go through the motions for 90 minutes

It's just collectively so bad. They've all forgotten how to play.

Martial should have been taken off after the clash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,227 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This midfield is the drizzling shíts.

Herrera or Mata on for Rooney please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Glimmers of mediocrity, the rest is is abysmal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Everyone is playing sh*te.

No form whatsoever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Is there anything to be said for bringing on a proper midfielder?

We started season very well dunno what's went on since City match.

Mata for Rooney second half. Captain my ****ing arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Cant see Martial lasting long at our club. Dosnt seem up for it anymore.

We need to bring on a real midfielder, **** playing square pegs in round holes anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

God when rashford gets a sniff of space he is so dangerous

Kind of funny that despite problems all over the pitch and poor performances all round many people think that taking Rooney off will miraculously solve our problem.

Players need some talking to in the second half and something drastic needs to be done. Preferably tactically.

• Jesus lads Martial is now finished apparently

Unreal

Clash of heads and he got cleaned out of it afterwards, but **** it he's a busted flush time to go

Hyperbole is madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

As bad as anything served up by the previous two managers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Id nearly go for a 442 at this stage.

Take off Rooney for Depay and stick Rashers up top with Ibra.

Depay and Young on wings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Everyone is playing sh*te.

No form whatsoever

I think Shaw has been solid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

That midfield is broken. No balance there. Pogba has probably been the best of the three but is still hamstrung when Rooney is beside him.

Herrera for Rooney and give Pogba more freedom or maybe Blind for Rooney and let him patrol in front of the back 2 with Fellaini.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Kind of funny that despite problems all over the pitch and poor performances all round many people think that taking Rooney off will miraculously solve our problem.

Players need some talking to in the second half and something drastic needs to be done. Preferably tactically.

Won't solve all our problems but will solve one problem. Don't just play Rooney for the sake of it which we seem to be doing. He's no longer our star player id go as far as saying currently he's not even needed in the first 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

If this sh1te was going on at a continental club there'd be calls for the managers head. In the course of one week we look like a pile of sh1te, realistically we're too forgiving.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

We need to get a proper CM on in the second half to get some control. How and why Rooney is still indulged in the starting line ups is becoming a joke for all to see.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Jesus lads Martial is now finished apparently

Unreal

Clash of heads and he got cleaned out of it afterwards, but **** it he's a busted flush time to go

Hyperbole is madness

Apparently it's too early to be singing praises for City and tipping them to win the league, but not too early to be predicting the downfall of a number of our players and they're prospective careers with the club :P

Adamocovic wrote: »

You think all those problems happen in isolation?

Midfield is the foundation of the entire team and its handicapped by this obligation to have Wayne ****ing Rooney on the field. People keep mentioning it because we need to sort out the elephant in the room before moving onto the other problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It would be nice to play to our strengths.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Jaysis we are garbage! Shape is non existent as is the passing. The substitution is so uninspiring too, id rather have seen Herrera come on shift Rooney out right or something. Rooney is struggling in the 3, doesn't suit him at all.

Also Robbie Savage is actually worse than Michael Owen which I didn't think was possible!

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Jesus lads Martial is now finished apparently

Unreal

Hyperbole is madness

To be fair, he was pretty useless yet again before that incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

edgecutter wrote: »
    We need to get a proper CM on in the second half to get some control. How and why Rooney is still indulged in the starting line ups is becoming a joke for all to see.

Is Jose just giving Rooney enough rope ?

duffman13 wrote: »
    Jaysis we are garbage! Shape is non existent as is the passing. The substitution is so uninspiring too, id rather have seen Herrera come on shift Rooney out right or something. Rooney is struggling in the 3, doesn't suit him at all.

Also Robbie Savage is actually worse than Michael Owen which I didn't think was possible!

Just take him off full stop. Doesn't deserve his place on the pitch.

jharr100 wrote: »

You would hope Mourinho is well able to put a player out to pasture if he thinks that is what is required (Schweinsteiger) so I doubt this is the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Surprised to see the Rooney apologists aren't in here telling us that he wasn't as bad (insert player's name) yet.

• Advertisement

jharr100 wrote: »

He's giving himself a rope if this sort of display continues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I think Martial and Jose are just unsuited to each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

nullzero wrote: »
    If this sh1te was going on at a continental club there'd be calls for the managers head. In the course of one week we look like a pile of sh1te, realistically we're too forgiving.

Ah would ya stop. It's called having perspective.

There really is some ****e being posted. Get rid of Martial. Get rid of the manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Not watching, but how's Pogba playing? Anonymous again?

Rooney playing out of position is the constant of the last 3 awful seasons plus the start of this one

I think it's time for a change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

58% possession, no shots on target. Sounds familiar...

• Advertisement

The calmness of a Schweinsteiger or a Carrick is missing out there in the middle.

Just take him off full stop. Doesn't deserve his place on the pitch.

Didn't say he did but I was more talking abut the substitution itself, don't think Jose would want to make another unenforced changes so early in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Mourinho is a spent force. Really poor appointment.

Won't solve all our problems but will solve one problem. Don't just play Rooney for the sake of it which we seem to be doing. He's no longer our star player id go as far as saying currently he's not even needed in the first 11.

It's opinion your entitled to, I was just saying I find it a bit funny myself that for a lot of fans, our problems seem to start and end with Rooney.

Bringing on someone like Herrera for Rooney might well help alright, we won't really know until something is done. But there are far more problems in the performance right now than one player . We have looked sloppy in defence, Smalling and Bailly not looking the most secure, Zlatan looks off the pace and wasteful, something that we know can change easily, Martial was very poor before he came off, Valencia caught a bit going back. To be honest there really isn't a player who could put their hand up and say they've done very good, and a big step up is needed.

Now football being football that can all change second half. And I'm sure we all are hoping that. It will be interesting to see what Mourinho decides to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Massive massive massive second half coming up.

Really massive.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement