Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

58% possession, no shots on target. Sounds familiar...

I find it odd that if someone hits the post or crossbar it doesn't count as being on target. Could the inside of a post not be considered a target to hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

It's gas seeing people trying to blame Rooney for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Mourinho is a spent force. Really poor appointment.

Yea sack him, he doesn't have a clue. Catch yourself on, it's been a few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

duffman13 wrote: »
    Didn't say he did but I was more talking abut the substitution itself, don't think Jose would want to make another unenforced changes so early in the game.

What good is Rooney taking up a spot in the team at the moment though?

Mata Herrera or even Carrick would at least fit in and be more suited to area of the team.

Rooney is not a midfielder never will be one and he's clearly not going up front instead of Ibra so bench him. Bring him back to reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

We need a Carrick or Bastian type player to control this game.

F**k off Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Mourinho is a spent force. Really poor appointment.

Jesus christ, try a little harder, early doors in the season, at least be a bit more subtle!

• To be fair, he was pretty useless yet again before that incident.

It's a confidence thing, we can't just suddenly assume he's no longer talented because of a couple of poor performances

People keep forgetting what age he is, it's up to Jose to develop him further and I would question how he seems to be using him in the team at the moment

There are clearly a lot of problems evident.

Rooney in midfield is a disaster, but even if he was playing #10 he'd still drop deep
    Rashford on the wing, I don't get it

Pogba has actually been one of the better players as has Fellaini but if we don't play to Pogba strengths and utilize a proper midfielder in a 3 man rotation then it will never happen
    Rooney is occupying the space where Pogba should be and it's having a negative impact in nearly every attack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Yea sack him, he doesn't have a clue. Catch yourself on, it's been a few games.

Wasn't calling for his head mate. But he was the last person i wanted in charge of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Talk of putting Rooney out to pasture is completely OTT. That being said, he should never be played in midfield. It just doesn't work. He needs to be played as a proper no.10 or striker and in this formation we don't play with a 10. Rooney should be rotated with Ibrahimovic in this formation or else not played at all.

Most English pundits are saying the same thing now too.

Very frustrating.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If you're calling for the managers head after 6 competitive games, then you really need to have a word with yourself. Whatever about demanding more or being critical, actually calling for his head exposes your opinions as ones not worth noting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Carrick in behind Fellani and Pogba, bin off Rooney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Biggest half of Jose's Utd career.

Impressively shocking football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Pro. F wrote: »
    It's gas seeing people trying to blame Rooney for this.

I agree. He is massively out of position and not playing great, but he's not even been near one of our biggest problems today

Wasn't calling for his head mate. But he was the last person i wanted in charge of us.

He's a history of success. I'm not his biggest fan, but think he's the right man for the job at the moment.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    It's opinion your entitled to, I was just saying I find it a bit funny myself that for a lot of fans, our problems seem to start and end with Rooney.

Bringing on someone like Herrera for Rooney might well help alright, we won't really know until something is done. But there are far more problems in the performance right now than one player . We have looked sloppy in defence, Smalling and Bailly not looking the most secure, Zlatan looks off the pace and wasteful, something that we know can change easily, Martial was very poor before he came off, Valencia caught a bit going back. To be honest there really isn't a player who could put their hand up and say they've done very good, and a big step up is needed.

Now football being football that can all change second half. And I'm sure we all are hoping that. It will be interesting to see what Mourinho decides to do.

Rooney is one problem which obviously won't solve everything. We just need to start playing the right players in right positions. If anything it's a bloody waste of a player likr Pogba to have Wayne Rooney next to him in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

What good is Rooney taking up a spot in the team at the moment though?

Mata Herrera or even Carrick would at least fit in and be more suited to area of the team.

Rooney is not a midfielder never will be one and he's clearly not going up front instead of Ibra so bench him. Bring him back to reality.

I was speaking about a sub specifically in relation to this game. Id like to see Rooney benched but I also believe that taking him off right now so soon after Martial was taken off is a potential risk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

The calmness of a Schweinsteiger or a Carrick is missing out there in the middle.

Both too old.

There are midfielders sitting on the bench.

I'm not trying to start the Rooney debate again but he shouldn't be playing in midfield and doing so tells me he is being shoe horned into the team which is very disappointing, especially after Joses pre season words on him.

Most of the players just seem to know what they are supposed to be doing.

Also the pressing when not in possession is pathetic. Just watch how much time Watford players have on the ball compared to Utd players, the amount of crosses that are blocked by Watford players and stopped at source, whereas when Watford are crossing, more often than not it passes the defender into the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Biggest half of Jose's Utd career.

Impressively shocking football

Would have said the second half of the Derby was bigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Some inability to beat players and get crosses in

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Do we not have anybody in the first team that can take Corners instead of Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

His average position , 44m from goal in the 1st half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

jharr100 wrote: »
    His average position , 44m from goal in the 1st half

AH he's fine he has a goal and 2 assists in the last 4 games....it doesn't really matter if he's a passenger stats done lie..............or some would have you believe.

Stay away from the match thread the trolling is unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Surprised no mention of how poor Zlatan has been.

I know he's the sort of player who can play poorly and pop up with a goal but he has looked so sluggish and wasteful today.

Would nearly prefer Rashford to go up top and bring Memphis out wide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

BT audio error having a bitch about United

h*tps://youtu.be/BwtvDS3dc4w

• Advertisement

Ah it gives you a great laugh in fairness, its a break from the ****e you would be watching. Just treat it like you are watching little kids desperate to impress their friends

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I ****ing despise seeing Rooney starting at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,227 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Think we'll be behind Liverpool when we lose this so I hope everyone in here has thick skins when visitors arrive later!

I'd be taking Rooney off now, probably seen enough of him today, just isn't his day unfortunately. Push Ibra to the shadow striker role, Rashford up top and bring on Memphis to play left/right.

BT audio error having a bitch about United

h*tps://youtu.be/BwtvDS3dc4w

I don't see much said there that they wouldn't say anyway on air...

• Advertisement

Wayne Rooney ha, is he for real today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

What does Rooney have over these managers.

Headshot wrote: »
    I ****ing despise seeing Rooney starting at this stage

I just ****ing cant stand it

Hopefully posters finally see how a ****ing shambles he has become

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Rashford :)

Get the **** in. Ibra and Rashford.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Great play by Rashers and Ibra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Get in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Rashford is just a ledge!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Surprised no mention of how poor Zlatan has been.

I know he's the sort of player who can play poorly and pop up with a goal but he has looked so sluggish and wasteful today.

Would nearly prefer Rashford to go up top and bring Memphis out wide.

Boom. There's Zlatan trying.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Great play by Rashers and Ibra

Would love you see a 4 4 2 with them up top

• Advertisement

Seriously, Rooney is having an awful game.

And he's staying on. Haha.

This whole thing is pathetic.

Odd substition there. Thought it would be Rooney off and Mata on.

Must be a formation change for the team to push on and attack. Maybe push Rooney further forward with Zlatan.

Just as I'm typing Rashford scores. Good play by Zlatsn. Fortunate goal but we'll take it! Hopefully can start to improve now, or atleast scrape a win.

It is something that could work well, Ibra playing behind Rashford. He has the talent to utilize his skills, great link up from them to create the chance for that goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Jesus Rooney is on a different planet!

gosplan wrote: »
    Boom. There's Zlatan trying.

Was very nice play by him. Hopefully he can kick on and do some more of that during the game.

Get in. Lovely from him and Ibra.

Anyway Rooney staying on is a joke. Disappointed in Jose.

God winning this be massive now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

To be fair to Rooney, it's not his fault he is being played. It is the manager who is too cowardly to not play him in favour of a more balanced option.

Paying the guts of £100m for Pogba and then playing him similar to how he was played for France is baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Thank feck for Rashers at least. He seems to have that ice cold focus that Martial had last year but seems to have lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Quandary wrote: »
    To be fair to Rooney, it's not his fault he is being played. It is the manager who is too cowardly to not play him in favour of a more balanced option.

Paying the guts of £100m for Pogba and then playing him similar to how he was played for France is baffling.

I don't agree it's exactly how France played him, not entirely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement