Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

So league cup tonight
    Will we get to see Timbo Fosu Monster and Axel "Foley" Tuanzebe???
    Unlikely but a good win is needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,768 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Fu3k the players I say. They have served up nothing but crap for 3 years now. They blamed Moyes, SAF was blamed for leaving such a bad squad, LVG for being inflexible, how about you guys get your heads down and learn how to do the fecking basics right. Stop letting your man free into the box. Stop sending crosses into Row Z, stop making a mess of corners. How about you learn how to take free kicks so that they actually become a weapon rather than an elaborate way to give the ball back to the other team.

You don't like Jose, hand in a transfer request. Simple. There are hundreds/thousands of others who would love the chance to be where you are. You put everything in your life into getting to this point and now you are finding it a bit difficult. Man the feck up.

The team seems totally incapable of taking on board any lessons. It is always something/someones else fault. Either the manager is too timid, too hard, too pally with the players or not pally enough. The tactics are too rigid, or nobody knows what they are doing.

instead of moaning about it why not get a plan together yourselfs. If you are unsure what is being asked of you why not bring it up in training and do extra work until you do understand. Carrick wants a game, bust your balls in training so that there is no doubt who should play. And if that doesn't work, hand in a transfer request for January.

The players are unhappy? Guess what, the fans that pay the bloody wages aren't exactly over the moon either. An unlike the players, for many fans the team is the definition of their lives. Their lives revolve around it. WHen things go badly they get abuse from co-workers and friends. A bad result wrecks the mood of the whole week. So stop feeling sorry for yourselves. Grow a pair, decide what needs to be done, and do it. Struggling in a new position, sit down and watch videos of players who have done it and practice that. Corners are sh1te, then stay back after training and keep working on them until you get a decent scoring percentage.

Touch isn't great, then practice one touch until it hurts.

Otherwise feck off with your whinging. Jose is the manager, whatever he says goes. Either get on board or GTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

brinty wrote: »
    So league cup tonight
    Will we get to see Timbo Fosu Monster and Axel "Foley" Tuanzebe???
    Unlikely but a good win is needed

Fosu mensah didn't play single min in league or U23 league so there is a good chance he might play but Tuanzeze played on Monday for U23s, so I'm sure he won't play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

duffman13 wrote: »
    This was on redcafe from back in July after Jose's first press conference.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/details-about-leaks-at-united.419544/

It stuck with me for whatever reason and points the finger of blame firmly in Rooneys direction. Worth a quick read but there appears to be a leak inside the club and the club at this stage have to know where it is coming from!

I remember reading that post on United pages also. It somewhat went along the same lines I had already thought myself from early in the season and Van Gaals reign.

I don't think Jose will stand for that at all. If found out Rooney could well be turfed out, nevermind playing his way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Bit out of the loop on this one - what 'leak'?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bit out of the loop on this one - what 'leak'?

Ducker wrote an article that players aren't happy with the "harsh" criticisms Jose offers, especially with regards singling out Shaw in the post-match conference. Gary Neville then was on Twitter saying its embarrassing there's leaks at the club already. The Ducker article reads like a senior player trying to get Jose in trouble in the press. It looks like someone went to Ducker to try and start "Jose has lost the dressing room" stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

If he has lost the dressing room we're basically f*cked. There's something rotten in there and I wouldn't be surprised if it is who the finger is mostly being pointed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It's amazing how these "leaks" happen with no other club

Madrid and Bayern are two for a start. They make United look like a well run Masonic lodge in comparison.

If this story of the players being unhappy with Mourinho's comments about Shaw is true then the leak needs to be gotten rid of. I have no problem with the dirt having being spilt on Moyes and LVG, they were awful managers and they needed to be gotten rid of, but it is far too early in Jose's reign to be having him publicly questioned. He needs to be given a chance to see if his style (that includes everything he does) can work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

If he has lost the dressing room we're basically f*cked. There's something rotten in there and I wouldn't be surprised if it is who the finger is mostly being pointed at.

If he has, I fully back him to get rid of any and all players who can't get with the programme. Imagine that kind of player power under Fergie?

• Advertisement

• Pro. F wrote: »
    Madrid and Bayern are two for a start. They make United look like a well run Masonic lodge in comparison.

If this story of the players being unhappy with Mourinho's comments about Shaw is true then the leak needs to be gotten rid of. I have no problem with the dirt having being spilt on Moyes and LVG, they were awful managers and they needed to be gotten rid of, but it is far too early in Jose's reign to be having him publicly questioned. He needs to be given a chance to see if his style (that includes everything he does) can work.

Fair enough, I wasn't aware.
    I'm assuming this is the Spanish media because i typically don't see anything in the English media about it.

Against Watford you could say with some confidence that Rooney only had 8 touches within 30 yards of their goal if you look at that one. You are correct though, 5 or 6 more games and a pattern might emerge. His touch map in the first and third game looked far better than Watford I believe and he got a goal and an assist to show for it.

More games and then it would still need to compared to a fair bit more than just two players before we could really draw any conclusions.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Fair enough, I wasn't aware.
    I'm assuming this is the Spanish media because i typically don't see anything in the English media about it.

Yeah, the press in their own countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Its pathetic is what it is.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

So Pep moans publicly about a player. Now Conte does it. But everyone is talking about Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

FC Hollywood is always in the news, Madrid too when things are not going perfectly. It is what happens a lot with the top team in the country. It always needs to be a drama.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

If these are attempts by the players to somehow garnish sympathy for their horrendous situation, its totally backfiring.

I'm losing more and more patience with the squad the more I see these stories, like I did when I saw the Van Gaal ones.

Your feelings hurt for being showed videos of your mistakes? Shock horror lads, you've been playing ****, and you need help. If you don't want to have your gentle soul brittled, stop being ****ing rubbish.

Really don't care Shaw broke his leg, that's not excuse for him to escape criticism. And if he is struggling to adapt to life at a big club, that is an issue for our scouts to sort out. They should be profiling people and characters as well as playing ability. That's is like a basics of scouting. A basic.

Players need to shut up, put up and get performing. They are getting absolutely no sympathy from me. They are playing muck, and most have been muck for over a season. They are in no position to make comment on how managers are operating when they can barely execute some fundamentals.

I sincerely hope the club do a thorough and proper investigation, find out who keeps leaking these stories (pretty sure I know tbh) and then discipline them accordingly. ie flog them off in January.

Players filtering information to the press on this scale that has happened over the last three years is embarrassing and shouldn't be stood for. An example needs to be made if these stories continue.

And I can't for a second believe Mourinho will stand for it.

Players need to wise up, if Mourinho fails here, the vast majority of that squads career at the highest level is over. The pattern will very much be an issue with the players, and not the management.

Discodog wrote: »
    So Pep moans publicly about a player. Now Conte does it. But everyone is talking about Jose.

Cause United are losing. Because Jose is the bully, and Pep is the gentle genius. That is the narrative.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Cause United are losing. Because Jose is the bully, and Pep is the gentle genius. That is the narrative.

Losing now, but we weren't when loads of people (non-fans) were moaning about Jose's treatement of Schwi.

And Schwi hadn't achieved anywhere near the same for us as, for example, Yaya has for City. And Jose never commented publicly about the Schwi situation either.

Pep is handling the Yaya situation significantly worse and more publicly than Jose did with Bastian, but the casual football fan will side with Pep while bemoaning that "Jose is at it again".

Today we will see one more big news when Jose plays senior players than youngsters, I'm sure of it. Yesterday Klopp and Conte barely played any youngster but not a word but so much pressure on Jose to promote youngsters.

Whom did Conte blame? Missed it.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Your feelings hurt for being showed videos of your mistakes? Shock horror lads, you've been playing ****, and you need help. If you don't want to have your gentle soul brittled, stop being ****ing rubbish.

Ah come on. It was awful management from a man who did an awful job and it showed with every outfield player on the pitch.

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    Losing now, but we weren't when loads of people (non-fans) were moaning about Jose's treatement of Schwi.

And Schwi hadn't achieved anywhere near the same for us as, for example, Yaya has for City. And Jose never commented publicly about the Schwi situation either.

Pep is handling the Yaya situation significantly worse and more publicly than Jose did with Bastian, but the casual football fan will side with Pep while bemoaning that "Jose is at it again".

Just as I read your post I've already defended it in another thread with a very similar point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'm glad most here seem be of same opinion of all of this, which is welcome.

Few bad defeats and it's cry foul.

A good kick up arse is what a few players would want.

In this situation even opposing fans have every right to have a dig.

It's pure and utter childish stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

It probably is who we think it is, but I just can't understand why. He's played every game so far (bar Feyenoord) and has been poor, apart from one or two moments and still is not being dropped or subbed. He should be Jose's biggest supporter at this stage.

His performance against Watford was an absolute pile of gash, unable to pass or cross under no pressure, and offering the square root of f*ck all creativity. He should have been pulled off before half time. Mourinho seriously needs to wield the axe and get rid of anyone who he can't trust 100%.

You can't question a manager that has won 2 Champions Leagues, along with multiple titles & cups in multiple countries, after a handful of games and one bad week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I think this plays into Jose's plans.

He kept most of the main players who were average last season.

Players who dont / wont change can leave

v3ttel wrote: »
    It probably is who we think it is, but I just can't understand why. He's played every game so far (bar Feyenoord) and has been poor, apart from one or two moments and still is not being dropped or subbed. He should be Jose's biggest supporter at this stage.

His performance against Watford was an absolute pile of gash, unable to pass or cross under no pressure, and offering the square root of f*ck all creativity. He should have been pulled off before half time. Mourinho seriously needs to wield the axe and get rid of anyone who he can't trust 100%.

You can't question a manager that has won 2 Champions Leagues, along with multiple titles & cups in multiple countries, after a handful of games and one bad week.

He hasn't been poor in every game, nor nothing like it. He was playing well this season up to the second half against Watford (and yeah, he deserved to be subbed in that second half).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

What if Jose is, these days, just a complete arsehole, a nasty egotistical piece of work, impossible to work under?

It probably is who we think it is, but I just can't understand why.

After the Watford game, the press turned on Rooney big time. Loads of stories about how he needed to be dropped, and criticizing Jose for not already doing so. The narrative was that a turning point was fast approaching for Rooney, that it was a case of when, not if. Perhaps, behind the scenes, Jose also articulated these concerns to Rooney, and told him that the time had come to try something else.

It was an attempt to shift the narrative from "Boo Rooney" to "Boo Jose". It looks like, by and large, it's backfired ****ing immensely....

• Has the press actually outright questioned Jose on Rooneys current form yet out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

What if Jose is, these days, just a complete arsehole, a nasty egotistical piece of work, impossible to work under?

what if he's not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Lord TSC wrote: »
    After the Watford game, the press turned on Rooney big time. Loads of stories about how he needed to be dropped, and criticizing Jose for not already doing so. The narrative was that a turning point was fast approaching for Rooney, that it was a case of when, not if. Perhaps, behind the scenes, Jose also articulated these concerns to Rooney, and told him that the time had come to try something else.

It was an attempt to shift the narrative from "Boo Rooney" to "Boo Jose". It looks like, by and large, it's backfired ****ing immensely....

It still doesn't make sense, Rooney has been pandered to by 3 managers in a row.

It could be him but it doesn't make any logical sense for him to bite the hand that feeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I`d still be skeptical of a player leaking stories to the press under Jose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

If players are losing low-end games constantly under 3 different managers ,

I wouldn't be blaming the manager at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Jose has spent and cut players, this is his squad, he has said publicly numerous times how happy he was with it.

The results are on him. The lack of balance and structure to the play and the players playing out of position is on him. The unwillingness to sub big names (Zlatan as well as Rooney) is on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Pro. F wrote: »
    He hasn't been poor in every game, nor nothing like it. He was playing well this season up to the second half against Watford (and yeah, he deserved to be subbed in that second half).

I'm not bothered enough to get into a long debate on him. It's been done to death and nobody wants to read that, but I completely disagree with the notion that he has played well.

I've defended Rooney a few times, but if you are correct and what we've seen of him this season really was him playing well, then he shouldn't be next or near the starting XI. Others can offer more of the positives with less of the negatives, both on the field and possibly off it.

I'll leave it at that.

I've defended Rooney a few times, but if you are correct and what we've seen of him this season really was him playing well, then he shouldn't be next or near the starting XI.

So if a player is playing well then they shouldn't be next or near the starting XI. Makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

So if a player is playing well then they shouldn't be next or near the starting XI. Makes sense.

Your picking a fight for the sake of it here... he's clearly suggesting that if the level that Rooney was playing at is considered him "playing well" then there are others that could play instead and would play better.

Julez wrote: »
    Your picking a fight for the sake of it here... he's clearly suggesting that if the level that Rooney was playing at is considered him "playing well" then there are others that could play instead and would play better.

And I was clearly saying that Rooney was playing well. I was clearly not saying that Rooney has been playing well but only by some poor standard that he is supposedly at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It happens when the manager isn't respected, The team sheet was leaked every week at Liverpool under Rodgers.

I'd say it's a sign of things getting out of hand in our case. Footballers aren't the most intelligent collective, it's not House of Cards, their motives could be as simple as shifting the focus ala the stories that came out on Sunday and Monday before the Shaw ones

• Advertisement

It happens when the manager isn't respected, The team sheet was leaked every week at Liverpool under Rodgers.

I'd say it's a sign of things getting out of hand in our case. Footballers aren't the most intelligent collective, it's not House of Cards, their motives could be as simple as shifting the focus ala the stories that came out on Sunday and Monday before the Shaw ones

Mourinho should be big enough, brave enough and experienced enough to deal with it. I expect it to be sorted quickly and swiftly.

I also expect some of the players to hold their own inquiry, and have the balls to confront the person who is doing it, if someone is indeed doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

adox wrote: »
    I`d still be skeptical of a player leaking stories to the press under Jose.

It is common knowledge that Rooney is friendly with certain journos.It could have been a simple question on what mood Jose was in when he entered the dressing room and it was answered,then the papers blow it up out of proportion.What did they expect after playing like a hungover group of individuals on Sunday,I'd expect Jose to be livid and if the players can't handle that then they are in the wrong game.
    Fergie did the same but during his time social media was not something to be worried about,now every player and his dog are on twitter,instagram etc. It is easy for stuff to get out and it could have been innocent or a certain player with an agenda to deflect the media away from themselve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

That's completely uncalled for. Regardless of the job Moyes and LVG did for the club, they gave their utmost to try and do, what they believed, was best for the club. Both men gave 100% and particularly Moyes. The poor man looked like he had aged 10 years during the 10 months he was at the club.

The job of being the manager at one of the biggest clubs in the world is stressful enough without your own players or staff leaking stories to the media. Its a cowardly act to do and any player that does is it is a fúcking coward.

To be happy that their was leaks during their managerial periods is downright spiteful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

These leaks are more often than not journalists with nothing to do, making stuff up to get clicks.

I could go onto Twitter tomorrow and write a story about a player revolt at West Ham because they are playing poorly and aren't happy with Bilic and I'd be pretty sure it would go viral.

Its pure and utter idiot fodder, just take a look at some of the posts in the other thread, mouth breathing idiocy from people that believe what ever is written on the internet once it helps them get a dig at United or Jose.

Irish94 wrote: »
    That's completely uncalled for. Regardless of the job Moyes and LVG did for the club, they gave their utmost to try and do, what they believed, was best for the club. Both men gave 100% and particularly Moyes. The poor man looked like he had aged 10 years during the 10 months he was at the club.

The job of being the manager at one of the biggest clubs in the world is stressful enough without your own players or staff leaking stories to the media. Its a cowardly act to do and any player that does is it is a fúcking coward.

To be happy that their was leaks during their managerial periods is downright spiteful.

You'd swear the players were working in a sweatshop in Bangladesh,no matter what the unwritten rule is what happens in the club,stays in the club unless approval is given to broadcast it.
    Yes Moyes and LVG did a bad job but still as managers they did not deserve those in their charge to be running to the media telling tales like spoilt schoolchildren.Now this trend is continuing and whoever it is needs to stand in front of Jose and answer for their actions,never mind being cowardly.

• Advertisement

These leaks are more often than not journalists with nothing to do, making stuff up to get clicks.

It's Gary Neville that has lent the credibility to the stories. Of all the articles out there, he took to Twitter to say it sounded like a.story the players were leaking.

Irish94 wrote: »

It seemed like the leaks towards the end of Moyes's and LVG's reigns helped to push them on their way. That was much needed. I'm also happy to know more details about the manager's methods, which is what the leaks were about.

I didn't wish the managers ill, but the leaks, coming towards the end of their reigns, weren't a problem imo.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    It's Gary Neville that has lent the credibility to the stories. Of all the articles out there, he took to Twitter to say it sounded like a.story the players were leaking.

Neville was known as "the shop steward" at United,I don't blame him being annoyed at this carry on.He grew up at the club and the notion of the private business there staying private.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Whoever the player is (!), it's all the worse because it would seem they think they are untouchable. It almost directly points to one player imo and yet he doesn't seem worried about consequences whatsoever.

Love F365 mediawatch
    Climbdown

‘Mourinho is also set to axe captain Wayne Rooney for Saturday’s clash with Leicester following another poor performance at Vicarage Road’ – Neil Ashton, The Sun, September 20.

‘Rooney is in need of rest and a period to reflect on a difficult start to life under the new boss. He may well get that chance by sitting out Saturday’s lunchtime clash with Leicester’ – Neil Ashton, The Sun, September 21.

‘Axe’ to ‘in need of rest and period to reflect’? Half-way to completing a U-turn, there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement