Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Note in OP, 13/9

Comments

• TheDoc wrote: »
    Love F365 mediawatch

I'm going to ruthlessly steal this because it just calls out what these "sources" really are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Are we on the telly tonight?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Are we on the telly tonight?

Sky Sports 1

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sky Sports 1

Nice one. Glad it's Murdoch I'll be ripping off :pac:

The Independant's Chief Sportswriter Ian Herbert has a piece up now about Jose.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-news-united-feel-jose-mourinho-is-closest-they-have-had-to-sir-alex-ferguson-a7319411.html

It reads like a counter-point to Ducker's article. Doesn't absolve him of everything, but reads as if the club is downplaying any fears.

United have no concerns about the Portuguese’s temperament and have been hugely impressed already with Mourinho’s capacity to motivate in the same way that Ferguson did. Though his incendiary nature was one of the principal reasons why Barcelona preferred Pep Guardiola as manager in 2008, an uncompromising stance characterised Ferguson’s approach to management, too. Mourinho is not seen as any different with his ability to circle the wagons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Quick match thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101111816#post101111816

Despite it being an EFL Cup game,this will have everyone watching,those to see if United get back on track and those rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of another bad result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

This can't be real? As bad a Rooney is playing there is no need for this carry on.

Cs4cdq1WgAE27Nw.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

zerks wrote: »
    This can't be real? As bad a Rooney is playing there is no need for this carry on.

Cs4cdq1WgAE27Nw.jpg:large

Is it Boyle sports trying to do a paddy power on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hococop wrote: »
    Is it Boyle sports trying to do a paddy power on it?

Aye, it looks like a crappy Photoshop job tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

https://twitter.com/BoyleSports/status/778536548509843456

Don't know if it's their's or not but they tweeted it alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Nice one. Glad it's Murdoch I'll be ripping off :pac:

That makes two of us.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,768 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I hope Rooney starts tonight and bangs in a hat trick before half time before moving back into more midfield territory and setting up a hat-full of chances for everyone else.

Team moves on from a resetting win and marches on to the EPL title. Rooney wins player of the year, long time service award, best captain ever and goal of the month for 5 straight months (Rashford & Zlatan can share the others).

Leroy42 wrote: »
    I hope Rooney starts tonight and bangs in a hat trick before half time before moving back into more midfield territory and setting up a hat-full of chances for everyone else.

Team moves on from a resetting win and marches on to the EPL title. Rooney wins player of the year, long time service award, best captain ever and goal of the month for 5 straight months (Rashford & Zlatan can share the others).

I mean, even as a "hater", I would adore that happening too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Of course it's fake.

You guys need to brush up on your pixels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

https://twitter.com/BoyleSports/status/778623641344933888

Next you'll say this is fake too - snapped today in the car park when the squad was doing stretches :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I'm neither a lover nor a hater of Wayne, but I do wonder if his loyal followers can remember back to 2010 when he tabled his transfer request at the club he loves.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Utd has more drama then the soaps :D Back to winning ways tonight hopefully

Also looking forward to watching my fellow Kerryman Brendan Moloney playing for Northampton plays at RB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,768 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Notorious wrote: »
    I'm neither a lover nor a hater of Wayne, but I do wonder if his loyal followers can remember back to 2010 when he tabled his transfer request at the club he loves.

Yet we all love Ronaldo who actually got up and left!

He handed in the request cos he wanted a better deal simple as. Utd could have forced him out or played hardball but decided to fold. You can hardly hold that against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Are you saying we should judge his on field performances in 2016 based on his off field antics from 2010?

• Advertisement

Pro. F wrote: »
    Are you saying we should judge his on field performances in 2016 based on his off field antics from 2010?

Nope.
    leroy42 wrote:

Ronaldo was never shy about declaring his love for Real and he never said he'd spend his career at United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,022 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

You can speak for yourself on that one :)

Nope.

So why would it matter if we remember those antics?

Pro. F wrote: »
    So why would it matter if we remember those antics?

My observation was that some people have a massive amount of grá for Wayne, feel that he's such a loyal servent to the club (à la Scholes). He was very capable of throwing his toys out of the pram when things weren't going his way, quick to request an exit from the club he holds so dear to his heart. That made me question his loyalty.

Anyway, hoping for a solid show of force tonight. A solid win would lift the confidence before the weekend.

My observation was that some people have a massive amount of grá for Wayne, feel that he's such a loyal servent to the club (à la Scholes).

I would be fairly confident that there isn't a single regular poster on this thread who thinks that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Jose had the team training in the carpark in Northampton.... memories of Moyes on the beach in Oz?!!! 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Whom did Conte blame? Missed it.

Fabregas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Discodog wrote: »
    Fabregas.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

adox wrote: »

Rooney at striker!!! What has this world come to. I must be dreaming

Romney to bang in a hatrick then and everyone to then lambast anyone who criticised him in the past.

Seriously feel this is e type of game we should be starting Rashford up front but maybe he is being rested as a first teamed.

• Advertisement

Because everybody knew that Madrid was his childhood team, the team he always dreamed of playing for, it was no secret. But judging by your post, you obviously haven't a clue about that. I actually don't know any United fan that begrudged him doing that. Afaic, Ronaldo will always be part of the United family and he has said so much himself.

zerks wrote: »

Going by the replies, the young lad is going to make a few pound from that chance opportunity captured on a potato camera. Fair play to him. "Pay like everyone else" he says :pac:

You know, it's possible that having to train in the car-park might help those 'street' players in our squad. We could secure a draw tonight and then maybe get a 1-0 in the replay at OT, hopefully nick something on a counter-attack.

I try to be light-hearted, because seriously, I don't know where to start with the news about the leak and the thoughts that one or two of our own players might be trying to sway the press and in turn the fans against the new manager, already. If this is what is going down, I'd love to see it backfire on those players and them fúcked out no matter who they are. Yeah, I suspect it's Rooney in there somewhere and I'm not his biggest fan anyway, but if it were someone like Herrera or Mata who I do actually think are nice people, the same applies.

Some may say the club maybe needed a leak or two in the past to push things along for the benefit of the club. Not now though, now is the worst time for it. Any player doing this now is doing so solely for their own benefit. I don't live in a naive world where I think that every player we have bleeds and lives for Man United and self-flagellates every day at dawn by the Sir Matt Busby statue, but there has to be some team spirit and club mentality in the there somewhere. If this leak is true, there are players who simply don't like playing under managers. I'd give them some leeway if it were 30 games into a woeful season with Mourinho, but not after 6 competitive games. They loved him last month, the squad "walked taller" under him. Now though, he makes Sir Alex's rants seem like children's bedtime stories? Ah here.

Mourinho is not perfect, there has been a line-up/tactical error or two on his part so far, but after 3 years of utter dross on the field, some of these players need to start looking at themselves to blame and not the manager. Considering egos and personalities, I wouldn't bet on that happening though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Rooney is getting dropped for the weekend I reckon with that team. Smalling the only other player there that started against Watford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Romney to bang in a hatrick then and everyone to then lambast anyone who criticised him in the past

Mitt??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Because everybody knew that Madrid was his childhood team, the team he always dreamed of playing for, it was no secret. But judging by your post, you obviously haven't a clue about that. I actually don't know any United fan that begrudged him doing that. Afaic, Ronaldo will always be part of the United family and he has said so much himself.

I certainly didn't know about it until he started angling for a move.

It also took me a year or 2 to get over the fact he left and begrudged him for it.

I'd find it strange if people wernt pissed when we lost the best player in the world. Whether that be at Ronaldo, Madrid or the club for the laughable fee we received from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Carrick starting finally!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Well united was never rooneys dream. I'm sure if Everton had of been a big team challenging for throphys Rooney wouldn't have come to united. Don't hold it against ronaldo at all, left for the club he always wanted to play for

In fairness I actually felt Rooney was right to call fergie on his transfers. He bought terriblely average players for the last few years minus rvp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

beno619 wrote: »

It also took me a year or 2 to get over the fact he left and begrudged him for it.

I'd find it strange if people wernt pissed when we lost the best player in the world. Whether that be at Ronaldo, Madrid or the club for the laughable fee we received from him.

He also uses United every time he has a contract to negotiate... which is odd in the context of Madrid always being his dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Very simple message from Jose about Rooney, he wants goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I think it's a good sign to see Rooney starting tonight. Hopefully it means he would be starting in the PL going forward

• Advertisement

• astradave wrote: »
    Rooney is getting dropped for the weekend I reckon with that team. Smalling the only other player there that started against Watford.

Ehh watford

• Headshot wrote: »
    I think it's a good sign to see Rooney starting tonight. Hopefully it means he would be starting in the PL going forward

My head hurts
    Headshot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

TheTownie wrote: »
    Very simple message from Jose about Rooney, he wants goals.

He better get them. None of that wandering around the half way line, pinging pointless diagonals bull s**t

beno619 wrote: »

I and anybody I know didn't begrudge him his move, but that doesn't mean we were delighted to see him go. But the lad was fulfilling a childhood dream and we'd do the same ourselves if the chance arose.

sky88 wrote: »
    Well united was never rooneys dream. I'm sure if Everton had of been a big team challenging for throphys Rooney wouldn't have come to united. Don't hold it against ronaldo at all, left for the club he always wanted to play for

In fairness I actually felt Rooney was right to call fergie on his transfers. He bought terriblely average players for the last few years minus rvp.

I wasn't only commenting on Ronaldo earlier and not Rooney. I tend to stay clear of all debates involving Rooney here, so excuse me for not commenting on him in response to your post.

That was an awful attempt from Rooney but what a finish by Carrick

Bloody hell

Suppose the stats will show a Rooney assist there :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ole Gunnar Carrick. :D

Suppose the stats will show a Rooney assist there :pac:

And why shouldn't it? It was clearly his intention to deflect it to Carrick, training ground goal!

Seriously, sweet fúcking hit from Carrick.

wow lads it's like he's a broken man out there

He looks a shell of his former self

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

How many times has Rojo given it away with sloppy passes already.

He is cat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement