Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Manager 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Went unbeaten most of the season, won the league by ~15 points

Lost the FA Cup and CL finals 4-0 each :( Didn't even put up a fight in either game, and after I changed tactics I was the better side in stats in every game up to those 2 games where I got beat by Spurs who finished 6th and City in CL who finished 4th

Ruined the whole season for me, endings like that would make want to start a new save but the fact I've a young side and a few homegrown regens is keeping me in the game for now

Who you managing ?

Is anyone here on the Football Manager Slack channel ? joined it last week, its really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

threein99 wrote: »
    Who you managing ?

Is anyone here on the Football Manager Slack channel ? joined it last week, its really good.

Chelsea, in my 6th year

Very reluctant to let go of the career mode really as I lost 2 good careers I had when I sold my old laptop and forgot to back up the saves

Onwards and upwards I suppose !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

threein99 wrote: »
    Who you managing ?

What's football manager slack?

What's football manager slack?

Slack is a messaging tool. People sign up to it and create channels, there's loads of good channels on there about tactics, player guides, peoples saves etc etc

You just download the Slack app for you laptop or phone and use this link to join the Football Manager slack https://t.co/gq04afoVMm

If that link doesnt work its on this twitter page too https://twitter.com/fm_samo?lang=en

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=853586600

Link to update LOI structure.

Also seem to have fixed an issue with some professional teams where players from abroad would refuse to enter contract negotiations because they are unwilling to move country for anything other than a full time deal

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tonorio84

Downloaded it this morning, the detail and thought is very impressive so well done. Wanted to take Tullamore through the leagues to become the top team in the Midlands but alas they aren't playable. May stick with Athlone so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I have a player called A.J. O'Connor who has triplicated himself. Very annoying when you're trying to register him and assign a squad number!

tonorio84 wrote: »
    Downloaded it this morning, the detail and thought is very impressive so well done. Wanted to take Tullamore through the leagues to become the top team in the Midlands but alas they aren't playable. May stick with Athlone so!

You can make them playable in the editor quiet easily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Finally won a European Trophy with Cork City, beating Valencia 2-0 in 2031 Europa league final.

Still not done any better then last 16 in CL. Seem come 3rd most times.

• Advertisement

Anyone managed in Italian third tier, there seems to be lots of money there, wages budgets of 150k per week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Sometimes this game is wonderful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

In my 9th season with Lupa Roma

Griezmann who is I think 33 now got a extremely bad injury and is out for 8 months and for the past 4 in game weeks I keep getting that he is thinking of hanging up his boots has anyone ever seen anything like that?

Considering that's the lest of my problems I lost 4 off my wingers in the same match they all got a Injury of some kind so I have been playing with the bare bones for the past month.

But other then that I have quite a few fantasic re gens.
    I have a right back who has came from my youths where is speed status is all like 20 and same as his crossing I think over the past 3 years his avg rate is 7.86 per game.

Then I found a good re gen in Brazil who's a number 10 and brought him into be back up and realized that he has set up 20 plus goals and scored near the same every game.

Crazy thing is none of my players ever won world player of the year evem with one itlain guy delmorte of something avg rate 8.46 and 45 goals as a attacking right midfielder in a season won the Golden boot not one vote for world player of the year crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

2025 managed to top my CL group for the second time. Beat Liverpool 2-1 in our last match to go top. Basel and Besiktas were in our group too. Drew with Basel and beat Besiktas twice. Good result for us.

Managed to get Ajax in the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Finally won a European Trophy with Cork City, beating Valencia 2-0 in 2031 Europa league final.

How far up the rankings did you get the LOI? How has your domestic success been?

I don't know it's just me but in my game anyway I love how they don't show offside goals as much anymore if at all

I can remember a time I could never celebrate a goal for a few seconds til I knew it wasn't offside

• Advertisement

How far up the rankings did you get the LOI? How has your domestic success been?

How do you check the ranking. I do know I get the 2nd placed team into the CL now too.

Won every league since 2017. Win cup 4 out of 5 times and seem do ok in league cup but lost few stupid finals.

2032 and win the CL. Topped the group and got Real(again) in last 16. Shaktar, United were beaten before got Arsenal in the final, Won 3-1.

Honestly did not expect win it so soon. I play 4-2-3-1 attacking, but in Europe I reverted to 4-3-3 with DM and Counter. Just decided see how my regular formation would do and I wonder now could I have done it sooner had I been bit brave.

It was first season I was able to keep onto my key players and that was a help.

Will stick with Cork for 3-4 more seasons but will try another challenge then.

2032 and win the CL. Topped the group and got Real(again) in last 16. Shaktar, United were beaten before got Arsenal in the final, Won 3-1.

Honestly did not expect win it so soon. I play 4-2-3-1 attacking, but in Europe I reverted to 4-3-3 with DM and Counter. Just decided see how my regular formation would do and I wonder now could I have done it sooner had I been bit brave.

It was first season I was able to keep onto my key players and that was a help.

Will stick with Cork for 3-4 more seasons but will try another challenge then.

Welcome to the CL winners enclosure! I'm finding it hard to get good players despite my rise in reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I'm really struggling in the LOI with Harps. I've got sacked twice now, once during the middle of the season and towards the end of the season the second time.

Third time lucky hopefully. I'm playing 4-2-3-1 but with no transfer budget and restricted wage budget I'm properly struggling to get decent players in.

I'm obviously going to struggle considering the lack of quality in the team but didn't think it would be as difficult.

Any tips?

Has anyone noticed you get a lowball offer for a player at your club and you sell for what you think is a good deal only for them to club to their new club and their value is more or less double than what they paid for him!? Very frustrating!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 17 FM Regen

16 years into playing FM and still can't break the habit of occasionally quitting without saving and replaying the match :(

Am i alone in this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

How hard is it get other jobs in 17? I'm in 2021 with Dortmund, won the league and cup the last 3 seasons as well as the Champions League once. Have good reputation but I'm almost never linked with new jobs or if I am they're jobs that would be a step down from my current role. I've been linked with Juve, Athletico Madrid (twice) and just recently I was interviewed by Barca but lost out to Allegri who had been out of work since being sacked at Juve 3 seasons ago. I've also watched managers who have bad records get jobs way above their achievements, the Monaco manger going to Chelsea being particularly strange.

Whats everyone elses experiences been? I'm bored with the German league now, its always just me vs Bayern so want a new challenge but at the same time I'd ideally like to takeover a big club. I'm tempted to resign and see what jobs become available during the year as i'm finding it a slog now.

How hard is it get other jobs in 17? I'm in 2021 with Dortmund, won the league and cup the last 3 seasons as well as the Champions League once. Have good reputation but I'm almost never linked with new jobs or if I am they're jobs that would be a step down from my current role. I've been linked with Juve, Athletico Madrid (twice) and just recently I was interviewed by Barca but lost out to Allegri who had been out of work since being sacked at Juve 3 seasons ago. I've also watched managers who have bad records get jobs way above their achievements, the Monaco manger going to Chelsea being particularly strange.

Whats everyone elses experiences been? I'm bored with the German league now, its always just me vs Bayern so want a new challenge but at the same time I'd ideally like to takeover a big club. I'm tempted to resign and see what jobs become available during the year as i'm finding it a slog now.

What reputation did you start at?

I started as International - or the equivalent (cos I am a dirty cheater) and got offered the Wolves job from Shels.

I am finding the next step difficult to achieve despite winning the Europa Leaague

https://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1462980/no-dogs-no-blacks-no-irish-sign.png ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Anybody know where I can get the most up to date League of Ireland update? Am I best just waiting for the full database update that should be soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

The social feed is beyond annoying. Got an offer for my star striker who has 33 goals in 20 games this season, just scored his 50th LOI goal for me in a season & a half. What does the social feed say? "His scoring record isn't great so I'm all for it. #Bell #Palace" and "Would probably miss the table trying to sign his contract. #Bell #Palace" Who the hell in SI thought this was a good idea? Just because trolls and idiots exist on Twitter doesn't mean they should be put into a management simulation..

Lost my second Championship play off semi final in a row with Forest on Pens. Assombolgna missed the crucial kick 2 years running. He then kicks up a fuss all summer to leave to play at a higher level. Stop missing penalties in the play off semi finals if you want to play at a higher level :mad:

The social feed is beyond annoying. Got an offer for my star striker who has 33 goals in 20 games this season, just scored his 50th LOI goal for me in a season & a half. What does the social feed say? "His scoring record isn't great so I'm all for it. #Bell #Palace" and "Would probably miss the table trying to sign his contract. #Bell #Palace" Who the hell in SI thought this was a good idea? Just because trolls and idiots exist on Twitter doesn't mean they should be put into a management simulation..

My star striker scored 10 goals, 10 ****ing goals in one game, in a 13-0 win and 2 of the "social media fans" said he was overrated.

Jog on....

Kinda getting little tired of my Cork City save, so anyone got any recommendations as to any other clubs that ye found fun to start with?. Not worried about how good or bad, although preference would be for club with bit of cash.

Kinda getting little tired of my Cork City save, so anyone got any recommendations as to any other clubs that ye found fun to start with?. Not worried about how good or bad, although preference would be for club with bit of cash.

I have had good saves with afc fylde in the past and Hereford (need a downloaded database for them though), both start very low down but with good squads and relatively a good amount of money. Alternatively in Ireland waterford with an updated database would be good though if you're a Cork fan you may be against that

• Advertisement

Hadnt seen this before, one of my players injured from too much FM!!

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Hadnt seen this before, one of my players injured from too much FM!!

I'd say it wasnt from playing FM :D:D:eek:

My game keeps crashing for no reason

Soon as I try to advance the game it crashes, happened 3 times now and afraid to go in again in case the file would corrupt

Anyone know of any common fixes or if there's some bug out?

Is it just me or has the update left a lot of stuff out for LOI teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

My game keeps crashing for no reason

Soon as I try to advance the game it crashes, happened 3 times now and afraid to go in again in case the file would corrupt

Anyone know of any common fixes or if there's some bug out?

I'd try save it right before the crash point. Use a new save file just in case, then put yourself on holiday and try and continue a few days before activating yourself again. It's worked for me previously

I'd try save it right before the crash point. Use a new save file just in case, then put yourself on holiday and try and continue a few days before activating yourself again. It's worked for me previously

Soon as I click on go on holiday it still crashes :(

Don't have a recent backup of the save either so can't go back

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Hey, sorry I don't know where else to put this but I'm looking to buy a new laptop and can't decide which one is the best to get...

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/hp-pavilion-15au071sa-156-laptop-blue/332622/396.0.0#video

or

http://lapteck.com/product/lenovo-ideapad-110-pentium/

or this one

http://www.currys.ie/Product/hp-pavilion-15au072sa-156-laptop-white/338082/401.0.0

If anyone can give me any help into which one to get, It would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Is the official transfer window update out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,494 ✭✭✭pgj2015

j

• Advertisement

Is the official transfer window update out

Yep 17.3 is out a while now

Hey, sorry I don't know where else to put this but I'm looking to buy a new laptop and can't decide which one is the best to get...

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/hp-pavilion-15au071sa-156-laptop-blue/332622/396.0.0#video

or

http://lapteck.com/product/lenovo-ideapad-110-pentium/

or this one

http://www.currys.ie/Product/hp-pavilion-15au072sa-156-laptop-white/338082/401.0.0

If anyone can give me any help into which one to get, It would be greatly appreciated

As football manager is based on CPU I would go for something with a i5 min if your planning on running a few leagues with a fee divisions.

I have a i7 in my mac with 16gb of ram it runs 5 leagues and I think 5 divisions per league with no effort.

So try and get something with a good CPU. Also a SSD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Having grown a little tired of my Bologna team after winning another 3 trophies (League, Euro Cup, Italian Cup) I decided to resign in the summer. I have left them in very good shape, not many older players, plenty hitting peak and some young future superstars with a good bank balance, just didn't like the Italian league much if I'm totally honest and 3 years and 2 league titles is enough for me.

Applied for the Brazil job but they turned me down, rejected all offers over the summer and went on holiday until November. Few clubs came in, Gelsenkerkin, Hamburg, Vigo, Sevilla, St Etienne, Watford, the closest I came to signing was Newcastle, decent squad and plenty of potential obviously, then Marseille walked in after the Newcastle job interview to show me their wares and my head was turned.

So its the French league for a while I guess!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Just had the crazyist result I have ever has in football manager today.

In my 10th year as Lupa Roma manager I hammered juventus 9 nil I was like the hell is going on here?.

I think I might have the best team I have ever had in football manager squad of 24 players 15 of them itlaiins as try my best to keep home grown players in the team as 6 of the 24 are from my own youths and are all starters in the Italy team. We'll to be fair about 12 of them are in the italy team ha.

My re gen forword is something else I bought him when he was 20. 24 now from a team in Germany paid I think 30 mil only played maybe 20 games and had 10 goals but this guy was so worth the risk and scores for fun. He reminds me of a player from football manager 2014 called Darren Watson a re gen scored 15 goals in 20 games for West brom at 18 years old. Bought him and he got 60 goals in his 1st season for me as was so worth the risk.

Haveing said that the amount of flops I have had is nuts. So guys who is your must costly flop ever?

Just had the crazyist result I have ever has in football manager today.

In my 10th year as Lupa Roma manager I hammered juventus 9 nil I was like the hell is going on here?.

I think I might have the best team I have ever had in football manager squad of 24 players 15 of them itlaiins as try my best to keep home grown players in the team as 6 of the 24 are from my own youths and are all starters in the Italy team. We'll to be fair about 12 of them are in the italy team ha.

My re gen forword is something else I bought him when he was 20. 24 now from a team in Germany paid I think 30 mil only played maybe 20 games and had 10 goals but this guy was so worth the risk and scores for fun. He reminds me of a player from football manager 2014 called Darren Watson a re gen scored 15 goals in 20 games for West brom at 18 years old. Bought him and he got 60 goals in his 1st season for me as was so worth the risk.

Haveing said that the amount of flops I have had is nuts. So guys who is your must costly flop ever?

Benzema for 2.5 million and 210k a week at Wolves

In my game as well saint etienne have been spending like 100 mil a season in France and still have not won anything crazy ha.

• Advertisement

Bloody raging, Limerick have dropped two places in Europe and also Premier division dropped again, we did have a group stage and now we are gone back to second qualifying phase!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

In with an outside chance of CL qualification, which is good considering the points gap when I came in. 5 points off it now with 6 to go and the team above have been drawing a lot with just 3 wins in their last 12 league games. We have won 5 in 5 lately but costly draws to the teams directly above us have left us with a lot to do 5-5 draw with Monaco and 0-0 with Bastia one after the other was tough.

In the quarter finals of the Euro Cup and the French Cup too so plenty to play for this season, which is great, but stretching the squad a plenty!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Bloody hell - every time I get drawn in the group stages I get drawn against Chelsea and/or Barcelone or both!

Is it just me or does every regen hate big matches?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, teams suggestion?

I want somewhere with decent youth facilities, but a decent enough transfer wage as well. Not massive, but enough to play round with. Would rather a third tier team that I can build up over a few seasons. Maybe have one or two good kids already to start building round?

Thinking Southampton? I tend to stick in England, but thats due to ignorance of other leagues...

• Advertisement
Advertisement