Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

threein99 wrote: »
    Got my laptop off them, apart from an unresponsive space bar and noisey fans at times, its pretty good.

Had an issue with the one I sent and sent it back. It's been perfect every since. I did order over xmas so they may have been busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

One small addition i like to see is a club filter by reputation(star rating) in the job search screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Mc Love wrote: »
    Had an issue with the one I sent and sent it back. It's been perfect every since. I did order over xmas so they may have been busy.

What was the issue ?

threein99 wrote: »
    What was the issue ?

The screen kept jumping - was highly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Currently €29.89 for pre-order on cdkeys but does not include beta.

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/football-manager-2017-pc-steam-cd-key

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Got my first new laptop in about 7 years over the weekend. Very much looking forward to playing FM17 with a large database, loads of leagues, 3d matches (even though it doesn't look great it is better than the 2d overhead that I normally have to sue) and not having to wait an age for the game to respond.
    If you dont mind me asking what laptop did you go to run the game well?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

wazzer1 wrote: »
    If you dont mind me asking what laptop did you go to run the game well?

I've got a MSI gs73. Way over the top for FM but it runs pretty much every game available on high settings. 17 inch screen and the whole thing is wafer thin. Unfortunately it is stupidly expensive.

The wait is almost over. Tonight on our website at 8.00pm BST we'll be unveiling the new features you can expect in Football Manager 2017.

To mark the reveal of the Football Manager 2017 features we'll be hosting a Live Q&A

Fans who are not in attendance can watch the new features video on the Football Manager website and watch the Live Q&A on the Football Manager Facebook page from 9pm BST. We'll be taking questions from Twitter and you can participate using the #AskFM17 hashtag anytime before or during the broadcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Is the Beta out tomorrow ?

unlikely, wont be ready for this weeked, see timeline of news below from FM Scout

http://www.fmscout.com/a-what-we-know-about-football-manager-2017.html

ball park; 2 weeks before release is Friday 21st of Oct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It looks good.

New features are impressive although I might not use some, but FM17 could be one of the best versions ever on paper

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Haven't played an fm game since FM2009 and haven't been playing that for a couple of years

The game now looks far more detailed and complicated... Eek

• Registered Users Posts: 34,276 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I only got Mobile version for 2016 and I like it.

Might get thus one though. Not got one since 2011.

Not sure if it's too much detail now, that's why I like Mobile version.

FmScout doing the game for £34.99 including the beta and its working out about €38-€39 due to the weak pound.

Edit: Forgot to mention FM touch 17 is included as well in the offer.

http://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2017-steam-key.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

unlikely, wont be ready for this weeked, see timeline of news below from FM Scout

http://www.fmscout.com/a-what-we-know-about-football-manager-2017.html

ball park; 2 weeks before release is Friday 21st of Oct

Damn FM17 and Civ 6 both out the same weekend then by the looks of it.

It's out the same weekend as Battlefield 1

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Damn FM17 and Civ 6 both out the same weekend then by the looks of it.

I was thinking the same thing but realised that Civ VI hasn't got a release date on Mac yet so this leaves me with FM17.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowseye

For anyone who ordered on FM Scout, what did you put in for postcode? I keep getting an error there no matter what I put in.

Edit: Nevermind sorted it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The social media part could be good I just hope they have thousands of different tweets saved and that we don't keep seeing the same messages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Beta should be out by this time tomorrow :)

https://twitter.com/milesSI/status/788082477474672640

how do you get access to it?

Mc Love wrote: »
    how do you get access to it?

you can purchase from steam directly .. or save yourself about 17euro and purchase from FMScout who will email you an activation code, then just follow the instructions

The absolute worse thing about Brexit, having to get work permits for pretty much every player when you play in England now

https://twitter.com/FootballManager/status/788312459262226436

The absolute worse thing about Brexit, having to get work permits for pretty much every player when you play in England now

I really hope they allow you to turn on/off the Brexit scenario. We haven't a clue how the whole thing is going to pan out - I am sure there'll be a mod at some point.

I downloaded a load of face and logo packs last night from FMScout - they are for FM16, they should work with FM17 though, right?

I'm hoping the same.

Uriel. wrote: »
    I really hope they allow you to turn on/off the Brexit scenario. We haven't a clue how the whole thing is going to pan out - I am sure there'll be a mod at some point.

I downloaded a load of face and logo packs last night from FMScout - they are for FM16, they should work with FM17 though, right?

I'd say you could turn it off with the editor in game

They give 3 Brexit scenarios in the game, and if it's a soft exit we mightn't even need work permits anyway

Don't have a clue about facepacks myself, my laptop is barely able for a 2nd league nevermind additional faces/logos

7:20pm live accord to facebook

https://www.facebook.com/fm2O17/?fref=ts

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Wasn't sure about buying it, as i didn't play 16 all that much, but it's cheap enough from fmscout that i may just go for it.

Hopefully the beta is reasonable stable.

• Advertisement

Beta is live now.

Advertisement