Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2017

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Weird, this is my most played in the last 4 iterations in the end, that's after a slow start and kind of tailing off now...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

hots wrote: »
    Weird, this is my most played in the last 4 iterations in the end, that's after a slow start and kind of tailing off now...

I just had a look at my hours played :D
    2009- 422 hours
    2010- 803 hours
    2011- 1260 hours
    2012- 538 hours
    2013- 1650 hours
    2014- 1100 hours
    2015- 457 hours
    2016- 910 hours
    2017- 174 hours

Its funny you can actually see the two times I emigrated and how I was saving money playing football manager instead of drinking :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Found championship 02/03 for the original xbox in my parents house 35 euro second hand I bought it for! Havent bought fm since 15, so waiting on a new laptop to get fm18!

Any recomendations for wonderkids in cm 02/03 on the xbox XD

irishman86 wrote: »
    I just had a look at my hours played :D
    2009- 422 hours
    2010- 803 hours
    2011- 1260 hours
    2012- 538 hours
    2013- 1650 hours
    2014- 1100 hours
    2015- 457 hours
    2016- 910 hours
    2017- 174 hours

Its funny you can actually see the two times I emigrated and how I was saving money playing football manager instead of drinking :o

Haha, my 2011/2 were big ones, managed to get college credit writing an FM blog one of the years and general college free time lead to the rest... then it takes a dive as soon as I hit the real world :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

In my season there this happened and i like WTF ?. This would be 5th season as Lupa Roma Manager in 2017 and Both Roma and Lazio went down !!!!.

And there teams where not that bad !!!. They where teams that should get you top 10 like.

The roma team had young good players and old exp players.

Lazio was a middle of the road team with very very good attacking players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

In my season there this happened and i like WTF ?. This would be 5th season as Lupa Roma Manager in 2017 and Both Roma and Lazio went down !!!!.

And there teams where not that bad !!!. They where teams that should get you top 10 like.

The roma team had young good players and old exp players.

Lazio was a middle of the road team with very very good attacking players.

you tactic you used, is it an arrow or wide tactic out of curiosity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I play with a 4 2 3 1

With a deap laying playmaker
    Box to box midfilder

2 inside forwards
    One counter attacking number 10
    Then a complete forowrd.

The front 4 are

kean
    el shaarawy Amiri Martial

All work hourses who can run like tomorrow and can cross a ball with no issues.

Kean was the costly player. Other then that everyone else cost me about 20 mil each.

I found in football manager 17 money does not go far at all 10 years ago in 07 I could get a good team maybe 7 players for 90 mil.

Now I am lucky to get 2 players for that.

In England I seen west ham are spending near 200 mil a season for the past 3 years and man city spent 100 mil on one player

I play with a 4 2 3 1

With a deap laying playmaker
    Box to box midfilder

2 inside forwards
    One counter attacking number 10
    Then a complete forowrd.

The front 4 are

kean
    el shaarawy Amiri Martial

All work hourses who can run like tomorrow and can cross a ball with no issues.

Kean was the costly player. Other then that everyone else cost me about 20 mil each.

I found in football manager 17 money does not go far at all 10 years ago in 07 I could get a good team maybe 7 players for 90 mil.

Now I am lucky to get 2 players for that.

In England I seen west ham are spending near 200 mil a season for the past 3 years and man city spent 100 mil on one player

Yeah with 2 inside forwards its considered narrow...from a bit of reading on the tactics for FM17, it seems wingers are no good, narrow to very narrow is the only way to get a tactic to work with any level of consistency

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Yeah with 2 inside forwards its considered narrow...from a bit of reading on the tactics for FM17, it seems wingers are no good, narrow to very narrow is the only way to get a tactic to work with any level of consistency

Yeah narrow tactics seem to be the way to go. It's a bit annoying as you end up selling players who you thought would be essential to any tactic. No matter what formation I've tried with wide players they've never been effective. I'm playing with two AMCs at the moment, had been playing with Wexford youths for years plodding along but got tired of lack of resources so am having great fun with Arsenal now. It's great having money but I can see myself getting bored fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Really annoyed with this at the minute; got into the Europa League 2nd Knockout Round with Dundalk after beating Roma on away goals, drew Chelsea and for the 2nd leg four of my players are on international duty. This has pretty much ended any slim hope I had of overturning a 2-0 loss but I can't figure out why it's happened. The Ireland game is a full week away, and I've a player called into the Scotland squad at the same time yet he's available for the Chelsea game :confused: I'm also the Ireland manager so I could have avoided this had I known it would happen because only one of them would be automatic 1st team internationals. Frustrating to the say the least.

• Advertisement

Really annoyed with this at the minute; got into the Europa League 2nd Knockout Round with Dundalk after beating Roma on away goals, drew Chelsea and for the 2nd leg four of my players are on international duty. This has pretty much ended any slim hope I had of overturning a 2-0 loss but I can't figure out why it's happened. The Ireland game is a full week away, and I've a player called into the Scotland squad at the same time yet he's available for the Chelsea game :confused: I'm also the Ireland manager so I could have avoided this had I known it would happen because only one of them would be automatic 1st team internationals. Frustrating to the say the least.

That is definitely a bug, happening in a league game is one thing. But in a contential comp is an error

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Yeah I figured it must be, never seen it before. I think the problem was that I got a message about possibly postponing a domestic cup game for the internationals but I chose not to since it was my backup team that'd be playing it anyway. I assume that's what caused the bug to happen. Anyway I played the game, drew 2-2 so lost the tie as expected.

In those instances I would deem a rollback and dropping them from the international squad completely acceptable... such a balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm having a really good save with Manchester United at the moment. It's nice to finally feel that I'm getting a small bit of value for money a year later.

I still won't be buying 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mars Bar wrote:
    I'm having a really good save with Manchester United at the moment. It's nice to finally feel that I'm getting a small bit of value for money a year later.

Same with arsenal. Picked it back up on Friday. Deffo not buying 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I never buy two years in a row. Usually leave it Two to three years. I tend to run deep into careers like 30+ years so I'm dealing with regeneration players entirely anyway.

Im looking forward to growing a load of regens with Arsenal, moving to Serie A and poaching the best ones while bringing oh....i dunno.....maybe Genoa or Lazio or Capri to the top of Europe.

Thats the dream anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Lazio. Gotta go with lazio and rekindle the spirit of. Bepe Signori

Thought youd be more interested in WOLVerhampton or WOLFsburg tbh

Uriel. wrote: »
    Lazio. Gotta go with lazio and rekindle the spirit of. Bepe Signori

Thought youd be more interested in WOLVerhampton or WOLFsburg tbh

Dammit, why isnt there a team with 'walker' in the name

• Registered Users Posts: 15,289 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

This was so bad I couldn't even sleep last night thinking about it.
    It may top the time I lost to North Koreans.

WNKzgpJ.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement