Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corsair HX620W too old?

Options
  • 19-08-2016 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm thinking about a new build and have quite a few old ones floating around was planning on junking some and reusing what i can. Some things I'm happy about reusing like my Antec P180 but I have an old Corsair HX620w PSU that i'm not sure about.

It is currently sitting in a q6700, 8800gtx build that has not been used in years. In fact the PSU has seen very little use since I bought it in the way way back. My questions is whether the PSU would still be good enough to power a modern system ie: 6500k, 1070 etc.

What do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

should be perfect, AHX620 is made by Seasonic, a quality PSU manufacturer

I have a Seasonic in my main rig for the last 8 years and its still going strong

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Nowadays pretty much everything that isn't a GPU sips at power except old i7s and AMD CPUs, so you'd really need to go nuts on the GPU front to push an old HX620 even just out of its optimum zone right now :D And given its a Seasonic odds are its stood the test of time well - far better than other OEMs in any case. You'll very likely be able to recycle that PSU into the new build :)

Advertisement