Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driveway Contractor Recommendations in North Dublin

Options
  • 19-08-2016 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Can anyone recommend a reputable contractor that does garden to gravel driveway conversions? We are looking to change our garden so that we have off street parking to the front of our house.

We had also been looking to install a small tiled path leading up to the porch, something similar to this .. http://flowergardengirl.co.uk/2014/09/25/battersea-victorian-mosaic-tile-path/

We have yet to source someone that can do it all and has a track record to prove it.

Any recommendations are very much appreciated.
    We are based in Dublin 3.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I don't have a contractor to recommend to you but in case you weren't aware you need to get planning permission to put in a driveway if there hasn't been one before.

Then you need to get a road opening licence from the Council to do works on the path (dish/lower the path), these works need to be done by someone with a licence to do it, I believe you can ask the Council to send someone to do it but it will cost you.

I love your tile idea though, it's gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 petes2008

Yes I was aware of the planning alright but I would need an drawing before submitting anything so wanted to get someone on board to provide that first.

I think the council have to drop the pavement these days at the cost of €1500.
    Maybe someone can confirm if this major cost is avoidable somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Oh good, I'm glad you're in the know.

You'd be Dublin City Council in Dublin 3 wouldn't you?

They seem to charge €556, bargain compared to €1,500 :D

http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-roads-and-traffic-road-maintenance-and-street-repair/modify-footpath-allow

• Registered Users Posts: 44 sm171

Opening an old post I know . . . . bold! :)

OP did you get your driveway done? Anyone else have recommendations for Dublin 5 to put in a driveway (probably printed concrete).

Thanks.

Advertisement