Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank texts blocked by eir mobile

• 19-08-2016 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this belongs in Banking or Mobile forums. Bank of Ireland and AIB have sent me several security texts to my eir mobile over the past few weeks but none have been delivered. KBC texts and other texts come through no problem. I changed from Vodafone a month ago and had never had a problem receiving the bank texts from them.

I contacted eir who tell me that BofI and AIB messages are blocked for security reasons. They also said they don't have an agreement with the banks to allow the messages to be delivered and that I need to take it up with the banks.

There is a mention of this on the eir community forum from 2014 but it's not clear if it was resolved. There must be large numbers of people affected by this. Any advice on how to proceed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Arbie wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this belongs in Banking or Mobile forums. Bank of Ireland and AIB have sent me several security texts to my eir mobile over the past few weeks but none have been delivered. KBC texts and other texts come through no problem. I changed from Vodafone a month ago and had never had a problem receiving the bank texts from them.

I contacted eir who tell me that BofI and AIB messages are blocked for security reasons. They also said they don't have an agreement with the banks to allow the messages to be delivered and that I need to take it up with the banks.

There is a mention of this on the eir community forum from 2014 but it's not clear if it was resolved. There must be large numbers of people affected by this. Any advice on how to proceed?

Maybe report it Comreg?They might give you an answer

Advertisement