Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

server response time

• 19-08-2016 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

I redesigned friends website rescently, mostly because it overgrown too much and got really slow. It used to take 10-15 second to open, now it takes 4-5. But with such short time to open one factor arosed - long server response time (Blacknight). It sometimes takes 2 second to get first response from server - is it because PHP / CMS (joomla) used ? Will it work faster with Joola installation from application vault ? I don't want to spend extra time migrating it to vault if there will be no difference ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I'll admit I haven't used Joomla in quite some time so these are more general CMS comments .. 
    • using the application vault version vs self-installed won't make any difference
    • if there's an option to setup caching in the CMS check that it is enabled
    • if you've already turned on caching please contact our help desk and we can check if there are any other options available to you
    [*]

HTH

Michele

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

I mentioned Joomla (PHP / CSS) because if I set up HTML based website there is no delay in server response. I also made little research and I found few other (not mine) PHP/CSS websites hosted on your servers that show similar behaviour (1-2 sec on initial server response). I thought it may be caused by PHP-SQL-PHP data flow.

Caching makes some issues on my website so it is not an option but I may try it to see if it speed up server response.

Advertisement