Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing Results-Form AP1

Options
  • 19-08-2016 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hello, has anyone here used the AP1 form when appealing their Leaving Cert results in the past? Could I get some information about this method of appealing? Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

AP1 is used where there is a clear error in either the calculation of overall mark (added up incorrectly) or in transcribing the mark (your script shows that you got a B1 but it was transcribed as a C1 for example) ... in other words, the error is purely and 100% administrative, and can be rectified quickly without the script having to be re-corrected. Issues to do with calculation of marks WITHIN questions will normally have to be checked by an examiner; it is only if the examiner added 75 + 70 + 75 + 80, and managed to make it into 200 rather than 300 (for example) that this can be amended using AP1.

It covers a tiny minority of the appeals each year, but if it does apply, your result will be amended much more quickly.

Read this, especially second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JMF240

AP1 is used where there is a clear error in either the calculation of overall mark (added up incorrectly) or in transcribing the mark (your script shows that you got a B1 but it was transcribed as a C1 for example) ... in other words, the error is purely and 100% administrative, and can be rectified quickly without the script having to be re-corrected. Issues to do with calculation of marks WITHIN questions will normally have to be checked by an examiner; it is only if the examiner added 75 + 70 + 75 + 80, and managed to make it into 200 rather than 300 (for example) that this can be amended using AP1.

It covers a tiny minority of the appeals each year, but if it does apply, your result will be amended much more quickly.
    Thanks. Deeply appreciated.
    May I also ask is the grade changed within a few days and is the CAO informed of this change immediately i.e if I was in the position to use this form, would I get my course before it begins provided there are places available if the upgrade meant I would get my first choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Yes the CAO is informed, and, if memory is correct, those affected would normally get any offer for which they became eligible in CAO Round 2.

Available places are normally not an issue; there are very few courses which can't fit in one extra person (and the number of people affected by AP1 appeals is normally tiny, as it applies in very restrictive conditions).

Advertisement