Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking on-campus accommodation 2016/17

Options
  • 19-08-2016 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Just said I'd start up a thread to keep us all occupied next week when we'll be sitting refreshing our emails waiting for offers! I have the points for Food Science and being from Sligo I'm really depending on getting on campus in first year. Unfortunately I'm only number 2593 so it's not looking great for me, I wanted Merville and it'll probably be all gone. Whereabouts on the list is everyone else, and how are ye feeling for getting your courses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Savvy student

I'm 2599, from south Tipperary and really don't know should I start looking elsewhere. UCD is my first and second choice. Are other people looking for off campus accommodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 aoifem123

I'm 1181 and have enough points for Arts, so hopefully I'll get bumped up a little tomorrow, I think there's 908 spaces for CAO? I'm from Leitrim, so I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, I could really do with on campus! I haven't started properly looking off campus just yet, but I'm hoping I don't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kevin1220

I'm 1028 and from Donegal, I know there's around 900 places for accommodation so fingers crossed and hope that at least 200 of those before me are dropping out

• Registered Users Posts: 27 katiekilg

Well at least I'm officially into UCD now so that's something! From reading last year's threads I think our numbers are going to roughly half on Wednesday, only thing is I won't be here to keep refreshing cause it's the day of my debs. The convents sure do pick the days well lol

I'm 2599, from south Tipperary and really don't know should I start looking elsewhere. UCD is my first and second choice. Are other people looking for off campus accommodation?

I'm lucky to have a friend just finished first year Science who happens to have lost his roommate off campus so if I don't get on campus I can have the other bed in his room! Apart from that, no I haven't, I'm really holding out for on campus because it would just be so handy and an easier way to make friends who aren't on your course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Jack55

Do any of you guys know when we get the option to book accommodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TheWexfordWolf

From what I heard from speaking to a student who was fresher last year, accommodation comes out on Wednesday or Thursday.

From what I heard from speaking to a student who was fresher last year, accommodation comes out on Wednesday or Thursday.

Yep, our figures will be adjusted on Wednesday sometime and offers will start in the afternoon according to those adjusted figures, 100 offers per hour on the hour till 11pm, starting again 8am Thursday. Last year the last offer was somewhere in the 1300's (adjusted figures). The adjusted figure was roughly your original number halved. I've been doing my research in last years accommodation thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Savvy student

Is it possible to check your adjusted accommodation ranking?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JMF240

Is it possible to check your adjusted accommodation ranking?
    From last year's thread, I read you could see your adjusted no. on the Wednesday morning so I'm assuming tomorrow morning you can see it.

Is anyone considering the brand new Ashfield residence? Is it for first years?

• Advertisement

I'm hearing that Merville is the best general option. Again from a fresher last year he said he stayed in Belgrove but Merville was better but for around the same price

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rosetiarna

Hi, I'm after being accepted into UCD and I'm 126 on the waiting list. Just wondering what accommodation people would recommend(not too expensive) and also do you think I will be offered accommodation tomorrow based on my ranking list number? thanks a million! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Louise207

Does anyone know if the email to book accommodation for ucd is sent to our normal email accounts or do you have to check your sis account regularly?

Louise207 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the email to book accommodation for ucd is sent to our normal email accounts or do you have to check your sis account regularly?

That's what I'm wondering as well, because I tried to set up the UCD email last night and it wouldn't let me, and I've emailed I.T. services and heard no reply. So I'm panicking a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Louise207

aoifem123 wrote: »
    That's what I'm wondering as well, because I tried to set up the UCD email last night and it wouldn't let me, and I've emailed I.T. services and heard no reply. So I'm panicking a bit!

I talked to someone in the accommodation office and they said it will come to your normal email as well as ucd connect! What number are you on the list? I'm around 2,500 and they've told me it's unlikely of getting on campus but I'm hoping my number will change since offers etc!

I checked sisweb and I have dropped one number to 1166. Has anyone else's number dropped?

Louise207 wrote: »
    I talked to someone in the accommodation office and they said it will come to your normal email as well as ucd connect! What number are you on the list? I'm around 2,500 and they've told me it's unlikely of getting on campus but I'm hoping my number will change since offers etc!

I'm 1181, so I'm very hopeful! Further up the thread, someone said that your revised number is usually your original number halved, so you might still have a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rosetiarna

Does anyone know what time they send out emails? I've been waiting since 6am 😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jdoe

Do you guys know what our UCD connect email is? Like is our full name before it and then @ucdconnect.ie or what ?

Jdoe wrote: »
    Do you guys know what our UCD connect email is? Like is our full name before it and then @ucdconnect.ie or what ?

Go to the UCD Connect website and click the email icon on the top right of the site. Then use your CAO number for the username and for your password it is your date of birth in the format DDMMYY. However, I do not think they are activated yet.

• Advertisement

JMF240 wrote: »
    Go to the UCD Connect website and click the email icon on the top right of the site. Then use your CAO number for the username and for your password it is your date of birth in the format DDMMYY. However, I do not think they are activated yet.

Yeah mine wouldn't let me set it up last night, it kept saying 'login failed' or something?

How did you find out what number you are on the updated list? I clicked on the sisweb email and it redirected me to my own inbox

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭DownOneTourist

How did you find out what number you are on the updated list? I clicked on the sisweb email and it redirected me to my own inbox

https://sisweb.ucd.ie/usis/W_HU_MENU.P_PUBLISH?p_tag=CAOWAITLIST

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kevin1220

My number just went from 1025 down to 924, what are my chances of getting accommodation?

I've gone down to 1080, is it that the first 100 have been offered?

They didn't seem to cull the list like last year so it looks like those who didn't get an offer in UCD are still on the waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

My sons have gone down just a hundred as well. I thought it would be a lot more taking into account students who applied but didn't get place

JMF240 wrote: »
    They didn't seem to cull the list like last year so it looks like those who didn't get an offer in UCD are still on the waiting list.

So even those who didn't get an offer, or accepted an offer elsewhere, are still on the list? I wonder if they'll get offered accommodation.

aoifem123 wrote: »
    So even those who didn't get an offer, or accepted an offer elsewhere, are still on the list? I wonder if they'll get offered accommodation.
    Well it appears so unless of course everyone on the list received a UCD offer which is extremely unlikely.

• Advertisement

I've just gone down another hundred to 981. I think the 100 offers, every hour on the hour system that they had last year is still in place.

Advertisement