Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking on-campus accommodation 2016/17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JMF240

I was 768 and now i'm in to accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 aoifem123

I was 783 and just got offered!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jack55

I rang them up just there and she said they're issuing them in batches of 100 by the hour. Initially started at 1700 or so & now I'm down to 1275. Not sure if I'll get a place tbh 1275 doesn't sound too great.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CaptainNivek

Just booked my room in Merville! I was only 803 at 3pm, but I received my offer at 4pm. There was still lots of empty houses in Merville when I was booking.

Just booked my room in Merville! I was only 803 at 3pm, but I received my offer at 4pm. There was still lots of empty houses in Merville when I was booking.

Were there any left in Ashfield?

• Advertisement

Jack55 wrote: »
    Were there any left in Ashfield?

Didn't see Ashfield because I went straight for Merville, however as far as I could tell there were still places in all locations at the time I was booking.

Didn't see Ashfield because I went straight for Merville, however as far as I could tell there were still places in all locations at the time I was booking.

Sweet thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JMF240

As of now:

Ashfield

Belgrove Residence

Glenomena Residence (1 to 8)

Merville Residence

Roebuck Castle Catered

Roebuck Hall Residence

JMF240 wrote: »
    As of now:

Ashfield

Belgrove Residence

Merville Residence

Roebuck Castle Catered

Roebuck Hall Residence

So I mean someone who's at 1275 is essentially guaranteed not to get it then? :(

JMF240 wrote: »
    As of now:

Ashfield

Belgrove Residence

Merville Residence

Roebuck Castle Catered

Roebuck Hall Residence

When I recieved my offer 20 minutes ago, there were 100 places in Merville. They seem to be disappearing quick, but I suppose there is always a large influx immediately after offers are released.

• Advertisement

Should've went to Maynooth.. :rolleyes:

So I mean someone who's at 1275 is essentially guaranteed not to get it then? :(

Not at all, like I said, I received an offer and my number was due to fall to 703. There's still a decent chance you will receive an offer in the next few hours.

Not at all, like I said, I received an offer and my number was due to fall to 703. There's still a decent chance you will receive an offer in the next few hours.

Oh **** okay. I thought the '100/hour' thing was literally offering 100 places to the next 100 people who accepted. But maybe they're still getting rid of those of didn't get in?

Oh **** okay. I thought the '100/hour' thing was literally offering 100 places to the next 100 people who accepted. But maybe they're still getting rid of those of didn't get in?

Someone else accepted an offer a couple hours ago, when their number was due to fall to 500. I accepted an offer 30 minutes ago and my number was due to fall to 700. It seems the number you need to be under in order to receive an offer is rising.

Someone else accepted an offer a couple hours ago, when their number was due to fall to 500. I accepted an offer 30 minutes ago and my number was due to fall to 700. It seems the number you need to be under in order to receive an offer is rising.

Thanks for that! Was already booking into the homeless shelter but you've relieved my stress a little. :rolleyes:

Thanks for that! Was already booking into the homeless shelter but you've relieved my stress a little. :rolleyes:

What was your original number when you first put your name on the waiting list?

What was your original number when you first put your name on the waiting list?

1775 i think, 1275 now.

1775 i think, 1275 now.

Mine was 1201. I don't know if you will get it or not, but I would be checking my email every hour for the rest of the day if I were you.

Mine was 1201. I don't know if you will get it or not, but I would be checking my email every hour for the rest of the day if I were you.

Checking it every 5 mins :p

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

Could people roughly check how many spaces are left when booking there accommodation this will give the rest of us a better idea of our chances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Beaulieu

I was expecting numbers to drop once again at 5pm. As of now 5.09pm it hasnt budged since 4pm. Anyone else got the same?

Beaulieu wrote: »
    I was expecting numbers to drop once again at 5pm. As of now 5.09pm it hasnt budged since 4pm. Anyone else got the same?

yep still same for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 GOHO

Beaulieu wrote: »

Same, still hasn't budged!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hubluh

Still at 1694, dont think I'll make it tbh :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 GOHO

I thought I read somewhere that offers would be on the hour until 11pm tonight, resuming at 8am tomorrow morning? There's no way they've filled all of them yet is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Beaulieu

GOHO wrote: »
    I thought I read somewhere that offers would be on the hour until 11pm tonight, resuming at 8am tomorrow morning? There's no way they've filled all of them yet is there?

I'm hoping they've just gone out for a fag break,,,:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

Does the office close at 5pm we haven't moved since 4pm either

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheLurph

I was talking to some from UCD, offers have stopped from 5pm today! They'll continue tomorrow morning. My current number is 958, anyone know if that means I'll get a room?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Savvy student

Don't we get 24hr to accept our accommodation offer? Maybe there's people who have been offered but have no plans to accept. In which case, UCD would have to wait until tomorrow to issue that person's place to someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 TheLurph

Don't we get 24hr to accept our accommodation offer? Maybe there's people who have been offered but have no plans to accept. In which case, UCD would have to wait until tomorrow to issue that person's place to someone else.

Yeah you have 24 hours, and they haven't filled all the spaces yet at all, so don't lose hope! I rang and they said I would get an offer first thing tomorrow at 958

Advertisement