Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

missing roof tile above the porch

• 19-08-2016 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I noticed there is a missing roof tile above my porch, does anyone know where to source one or have access to a spare one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

If you go to the first phase of the Wood (assuming you're in Charlesland) there's a house at the corner of the green getting work done and slates have been removed. If you ask the lads, they may let you take some if they're not using them again.

You can't miss it, there's a fence around the entire garden and a large skip on the driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 realityr

yes I'm in Charlesland, I will give it a try. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Are they the flat cement tiles to the entrance cannot? The house in the Wood won't likely have any of those ones to spare as the work doesn't seem to relate to the lower roof. It's the main hipped roof over the house that is being changed.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lakeroad

realityr wrote: »
    I noticed there is a missing roof tile above my porch, does anyone know where to source one or have access to a spare one?

Roadstone supplied roof tiles for most of Charlesland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 realityr

astrofluff wrote: »
    Are they the flat cement tiles to the entrance cannot? The house in the Wood won't likely have any of those ones to spare as the work doesn't seem to relate to the lower roof. It's the main hipped roof over the house that is being changed.

Yes, they are large flat cement tiles above the entrance on the lower roof.
    lakeroad wrote: »
    Roadstone supplied roof tiles for most of Charlesland.

thank you, would you know name of this type of the tile?

the nearest one I can see on roadstone website is called minislate

• Advertisement
Advertisement