Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You have been blocked

Options
  • 19-08-2016 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,626 ✭✭✭

I'm replying to this thread: 100733081

And then I get the above message "Sorry, you have been blocked. You are unable to access boards.ie"

I would post the text here but I can't either. There is nothing in there, no expletives, no special characters, no secret SQL statements, no genius hidden ascii virus, nothing. I'm on boards for over 10 years and I've never seen this before. What is going on? Did you get contractors from North-Korea for the new boards software or something?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

That is not a thread ID so I can't see what forum you were trying to post in. Was it a restricted access forum, e.g. Soccer? Or were you trying to post an image/link/email address?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Cloudflare doesn't like certain combinations of words and will block you from posting.

There isn't a list of these anywhere for obvious reasons but I used "exception" a couple of times in a post and it blocked me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The thread the OP was trying to post in (Women in HR in tGC was temporarily closed, he could have just been trying to post at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,626 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Its this thread: The Gentlemen's Club / What's with women and HR (bloody ridiculous)

And no, no link, no image nothing. I'd post the text here but it won't work. I'm aware of link restrictions under 50 post or so.
    Btw, using a single 'at' sign as in cr'at'p' is not a link, that happened to me on another occasion, but I digress.

No, really nothing. Just a couple of single quotes here and there. I can email the text if you like because I really can't understand it.

Sorry btw and thanks for the quick reply. I was a bit gruff there, but I was thinking 'jaysus, whats next..'

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The thread the OP was trying to post in (Women in HR in tGC was temporarily closed, he could have just been trying to post at that time.
    Its this thread: The Gentlemen's Club / What's with women and HR (bloody ridiculous)

And no, no link, no image nothing. I'd post the text here but it won't work. I'm aware of link restrictions under 50 post or so.
    Btw, using a single 'at' sign as in cr'at'p' is not a link, that happened to me on another occasion, but I digress.

No, really nothing. Just a couple of single quotes here and there. I can email the text if you like because I really can't understand it.

It's possible that you were trying to post while the thread was still closed alright. It was closed until 16.49. You made your other post in it at 16.59, would you have had that much of a gap between trying to post first time and making the second post? Thanks Dial Hard btw.

Dial Hard wrote: »

Yes, I noticed that and it didn't really surprise me, but no, it must be something in the text. Because there actually is a post of mine in this thread, the remnants of my attempt of posting. It now says
    ? I'm entering a perfectly normal reply and I'm getting 'You have been blocked from boards.ie'??? Never seen this before...
    That's where my actual post was meant to go. When it didn't accept it, I cut the text and started with a single character, the question mark, first. It accepted that. Then I wrote what it says now. I was testing was there something wrong with me, the thread or is it actually the text itself.
    Seems it's the text. Weird. Really nothing in there, I'd email it to the admins if its any help, but I guess it must be just a glitch as I've never seen this before.

It's possible that you were trying to post while the thread was still closed alright. It was closed until 16.49. You made your other post in it at 16.59, would you have had that much of a gap between trying to post first time and making the second post? Thanks Dial Hard btw.

Possible, but I'm still thinking its the actual text. I just went there to edit my post, copied and pasted what I had first and the same thing happens.

Do you want to send the text to me to see what might be causing the issue? If you cannot PM it, you can email hello@boards.ie.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement