Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-profit Donations

Options
  • 19-08-2016 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

I work in the marketing department of a non-profit I.T. training company. The batch of computers in the centre could really do with upgrading but like anywhere funds are non-existent. I'm wondering if anyone has had any success gaining sizable donations of hardware from large companies such as Apple or Microsoft, or is a small company not even considered in the world of corporate social responsibility?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sysprogrammer

Hi Tony,
    In many clients I've worked in we wipe machines securely before contacting Camara , the Irish learning charity.
    They Upcycle the machines to a min spec for use in other educational area's. And I would hope your non-profit may qualify for this.

http://camara.org/computers-and-training/

they also save me a hefty recycling fee , so it is a win-win.

hth,
    Sysprog

Advertisement