Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPO for sale

Options
  • 19-08-2016 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

Where have all the mods gone? Something rotten about the state of this place...

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Banning was reintroduced in Denmark in 1906 Kurt so no fears on that score

This is where I am at least. I've met one of the other mods so far,expect to only see the back of another from a long distance

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Can't imagine BTH is up to much today... he should be able to cover :D

mloc123 wrote: »
    Can't imagine BTH is up to much today... he should be able to cover :D

Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

mossym wrote: »
    Ouch.

I'd say the cranky one felt the burn from that one.

• Advertisement

Mod1: 1:12 and 5:23 (pgibbo)
    Mod2: 1:17 and 5:16 (mossy)

Both spent 10 minutes combined in T1 and T2 - pretty much hit the run at the same

Rob the other boardsie with them swam 1:07 and rode 4:53

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

A couple of midland tri out there. 5h9m bike from Bressie after a 1h15m swim. Will struggle with the run...

Rob in in 9:50

10.20 for pgibbo

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

10.43 for mossie, great times out of the lads, JB going very well on the bike in Tremblant Canada

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Warm day here in Copenhagen today. Lads all looked happy at the finish line!!!

What a day. No phone so posting from the better half's phone , so if bth or gibbo see this no point texting me this evening.

Delighted with the race. Wheels almost came off, had to spend 10 minutes or more in the portaloo on lap 4 but got it done. Will write up a longer report when I get back Tuesday but suffice to say thrilled with my first IM experience.

Congrats to gibbo and rob as well, hopefully both are happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭Ceepo

What a day. No phone so posting from the better half's phone , so if bth or gibbo see this no point texting me this evening.

Delighted with the race. Wheels almost came off, had to spend 10 minutes or more in the portaloo on lap 4 but got it done. Will write up a longer report when I get back Tuesday but suffice to say thrilled with my first IM experience.

Congrats to gibbo and rob as well, hopefully both are happy

Well done mossym.

Epic !!!

EC1000 wrote: »
    A couple of midland tri out there. 5h9m bike from Bressie after a 1h15m swim. Will struggle with the run...

He did indeed. We were in t2 together,passed him straight away, looked to be settling in for a slog. Had a quick word with him when passing and post race

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

JB finished in 10.28, great result, well done to everyone today, I'm worn out from tracking ye all day:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

To add to the weekend full-distance round-up, Griffin100 completed the Hardman in 13:54, on what looked like an absolute dog of a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭griffin100

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    To add to the weekend full-distance round-up, Griffin100 completed the Hardman in 13:54, on what looked like an absolute dog of a day.

Ah jaysus Kurt you cant be including me in a thread full of 10hr IM finishers. But yes it was a dog of a day, I think I'll resurrect my log Catweazle style to give a one off update ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

That was epic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

A 40-44 slot at IM Copenhagen went to some dude with a 11:45 finish today - he was the only guy left there after there were no takers for the second 18-24 slot and they re-allocated it to 40-44. Wish they had allocated it to the 45-49 age group.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

peter kern wrote: »
    A 40-44 slot at IM Copenhagen went to some dude with a 11:45 finish today - he was the only guy left there after there were no takers for the second 18-24 slot and they re-allocated it to 40-44. Wish they had allocated it to the 45-49 age group.

That's a serious shame I wonder how that was decided. Hard luck on missing out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

50-54 in IMMT rolled down to something crazy to 23rd spot (by right should have been moved to a bigger age group with faster times).
    no such luck in my AG although I was too far off to even realistically accept a roll down if it came way, did not stop that guy doing a huge song and dance when his name was called.

what i read was there was one slot unused in 18-24 and it rolled down to 40-44 group

bizzare in one way at the same time i guess if you are borderline for hawaii waiting for the last weekend of the year for a slot is not a bad choice as not all people have flexibility to accept a slot that short before october , and most serious athlete try to qualify early.

unless he raced under a different name i don't think peter was there so i presume it was someone he knows that was racing.

unless he raced under a different name i don't think peter was there so i presume it was someone he knows that was racing.

I just assumed. Interested to know still how they decide where to allocate the place to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I should have gone to the awards ceremony so :p It's the only way I'd have gotten there :D

from Russell Cox's analysis of CPH:

For the most part the top twenty finishers in each age group are close to the course averages. There are two notable exceptions: M30-34 and M35-39. In both these age groups the top finishers, those likely to claim Kona slots, were significantly faster than average. In fact, times are close or better than the best on the course. Clearly a strong field in both those divisions at this year’s race.

(not that i was ever going to be anywhere close anyway :) )

I just assumed. Interested to know still how they decide where to allocate the place to.

when slots are not picked up they usually go to the biggest age group ( quantity not quality principle )
    97 out of 100 times thats 40-44.

when slots are not picked up they usually go to the biggest age group ( quantity not quality principle )
    97 out of 100 times thats 40-44.

Would a weighted age rating similar to at the Parkruns for quality not make more sense?

Would a weighted age rating similar to at the Parkruns for quality not make more sense?

Its the *world championships*
    The best should be there.
    Not age weighted.
    No roll downs
    No lottery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

tunney wrote: »
    Its the *world championships*
    The best should be there.
    Not age weighted.
    No roll downs
    No lottery

The best are there. In the pro race. It's just varying shades of mediocrity and consumerism after that.

Advertisement