Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Sport device list???

Options
  • 19-08-2016 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I login to Eir Sport through my PC.

However, every time I log in I am being told it is a new device, and I have to do this swapping nonsense. Now I can't log in until next month because I am being told I have used up my devices. What's going on??

I am only using 1 device!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

I login to Eir Sport through my PC.

However, every time I log in I am being told it is a new device, and I have to do this swapping nonsense. Now I can't log in until next month because I am being told I have used up my devices. What's going on??

I am only using 1 device!!!
    Hi Gobethewall, 

Thank you for your post :)

I am very sorry to hear this has happened. I would recommend contacting our technical support directly for the best support on this. 

You contact them on 1901 (option 2).

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Gobethewall

Thanks Ciara

Got that sorted for the moment, but still can't understand why when using only the one device I am still being told it's a new device ???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭Data_Quest

Do you delete cookies on exiting your browser? Your issue might be related to that? Also different browsers on the same PC are recognised as a separate device. I stick to IE 11 on my PC and my son has eir Sport on his tablet and we are not changing anyting as it working fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Data_Quest wrote: »
    Do you delete cookies on exiting your browser? Your issue might be related to that? Also different browsers on the same PC are recognised as a separate device. I stick to IE 11 on my PC and my son has eir Sport on his tablet and we are not changing anyting as it working fine
    Thanks Data_Quest Gobethewall I would reccomend trying this.

-Pamela 

Data_Quest wrote: »
    Thanks Data_Quest Gobethewall I would reccomend trying this.

-Pamela 
    Thanks for replies.
    I use Chrome for browsing. I downloaded Firefox so I could access Eir Sport.
    I like to clear my history regularly, so it would appear that this is the cause of my problem??

What is the reasoning behind this recognizing devices, surely using any device shouldn't matter, if it is the one a/c ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its a license restriction I would guess for the content they broadcast.

Grab another browser, eg Opera, and then always stream Eir from there. Simple, sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

im having the same issue , did OP ever get this resolved?

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    im having the same issue , did OP ever get this resolved?
    Yes oranbhoy, I use Firefox to access Eirsport only and I use Chrome as my browser. So, I can clear Chrome history anytime I wish but I leave Firefox alone and I don't have this swapping nonsense.

Yes oranbhoy, I use Firefox to access Eirsport only and I use Chrome as my browser. So, I can clear Chrome history anytime I wish but I leave Firefox alone and I don't have this swapping nonsense.

I do the same, but it still fails

I do the same, but it still fails to recognise my device when I try log back in

• Advertisement

That's a bummer!  Can only suggest you get on to them and kick ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi oranbhoy67,

I have replied to your other post.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement