Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going North to buy buggy/travel system?

Options
  • 19-08-2016 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if it's worth our while going north with the exchange rate as it is to buy a buggy/travel system? If so any recommendations of shops?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Kiddicare.com is brilliant as is Amazon .
    There is a Mammas and Pappas in Belfast ,if you like their stuff .
    Their is babame just outside Newry and one called Kingsbaby shop but I have never been to it .
    The other 2 in Newry that I knew have closed .
    There is a Mothercare too .

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would it not be better to just order online from Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭C2

Great thanks for those suggestions. Was thinking that Amazon would be more of a pain to return items to if faulty but I should go check their return policy. Have checked now and going North have found the same system for considerably cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

great time to go north while stocks last

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Babame.com and their shop are worth a look .
    Amazon's return policies are very good but it is the effort involved .
    We bought everything from kiddicare.com but that was mostly 8 years ago with a few bits since .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Friends of ours have looked recently (since the Brexit vote) and have gone North. They have saved significant money on good travel systems. I'd say it's definitely worth looking into.

I go up regularly and other then Diesel everything is cheaper
    i see the biggest difference in the price of a weekly shop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

OP you could ask tony kealys will they price match. It could save you hassle?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭C2

Got our buggy/travel system this weekend in North. Definitely worth the saving we thought and we got an extra discount from the shop. We were very happy as its freed up some finances for all the other gear we need!
    Thanks for all the replies from everyone. Happy to answer any questions.

Advertisement