Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learn how to wheelie.?

• 19-08-2016 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi. Looking for some info or help on how to wheelie. Just a curiosity more than anything. I would like to learn responsibly on closed roads etc..Any ides for a good location. Any one fancy teaching me. Good times to be had. #had a bit of ducth courage writhing this. :)
    Any way.any you stunt bikers. Join your for an afternoon or something.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Keep the front wheel down to stay outta trouble :D not advising it or anything but plenty vids on youtube .

You need clutch courage...........I'll let myself out

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭neildyr

Mmmmm clutch courage!! Aspestos!! New brew.

Saw with" barron von grumble " https://youtu.be/-YFd3dGeJms

he dI'd a wheelie course with quads.on a runway. Seemed like a really genuine learned way to try acting the mick!!!

Either way. Would love to learn, at least by some fellas here who know what they're doing
    -on the road or circuit.hence why im extending a hand!!👌.......Absolutely keep it down.But get it up when ya can.that's what lifes all about.Haha :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I know what I'm doing.

What are you riding, is it expensive and can you afford to repair it?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

5000 revs drop the clutch...simples..

Would you prefer grapes or sweets....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

You either have or you don't.
    I have yet to meet someone who can wheelie that needed to be taught.
    If it's for you,you'll figure it out yourself!

blade1 wrote: »
    You either have or you don't.
    I have yet to meet someone who can wheelie that needed to be taught.
    If it's for you,you'll figure it out yourself!

This is about right.

After this its practice, practice with mates who'll encourage you to go higher and longer.. Most people's first wheelies are only a few inches off the ground, they crap themselves and slam the throttle shut and leave it at that.

But they're the craic, and if you learn to wheelie you're duty bound to share your gift with the world :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Figure out how do wheelie and then practise on a bmx. If you can't get a feel for it on a pushbike, you've no business trying it on anything with an engine.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

There are wheelies schools in the UK - I've always thought about going to one. You learn first on a quad and then bikes with a tilt sensor. I'd love to try on mine but really don't want to drop it,. Would like a hack to mess around on.

I agree with the bicycle wheelie point, however you can just do a power wheelie without actually getting to the balance point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,129 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Crowd funded boards.ie wheelie bike?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Offroad is a good place to learn. I don't mean on tarmac in a carpark but on grass or sand where falling off doesn't usually result in lost skin damaged clothes and a scratched fairing.
    Trail bikes are a great learning tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

5000 revs drop the clutch...simples..

That won't do, at least 9000 revs for a decent wheelie :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

sneeze while you're going over a speed bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Just make sure you cover the back brake lol, lots of vids on youtube, MCN had a really good one.

How to wheelie

Ahh, the memories :)

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

endacl wrote: »
    Figure out how do wheelie and then practise on a bmx. If you can't get a feel for it on a pushbike, you've no business trying it on anything with an engine.

I do a lot of cycling and can't do a wheelie on any of my bicycles.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭winnie the schtink

look ma no hands:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

There still some UK places doin it. Have a look over on biker and there's quite a few threads http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=190371&highlight=wheelie+school

Why on earth would anyone go to the UK to learn to wheelie?.. On the right bike its taking candy from a baby, getting good at it is another thing ~ that takes balls and time.

Advertisement