Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating Stinky food on Public Transport

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Well how was the egg sambo?

i diverted and had bacon sarnie with grated melted cheese on top of the rashers - it was delish, but i certainly got to have one of these boiled egg (possibly with mayo) sarnies very soon (can you use the word sambo these days? - it used to be used derogatory word to depict a black person years ago :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

i diverted and had bacon sarnie with grated melted cheese on top of the rashers - it was delish, but i certainly got to have one of these boiled egg (possibly with mayo) sarnies very soon (can you use the word sambo these days? - it used to be used derogatory word to depict a black person years ago :D )

I use the word sambo all the time and all it ever meant to me was a sandwich. (Im in my 40s) But while off topic, I do recall sambo being as you describe. But lets not allow the PC brigade an excuse.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

People cutting toe nails and finger nails is another extremely disrespectful behavior and filthy also spitting phlegm all over floor, seats and windows. Nail varnish is a tough one as the smell is quite over powering.

If people actually just laid back and relaxed the commute experience would be a lot more comfortable.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I use the word sambo all the time and all it ever meant to me was a sandwich. (Im in my 40s) But while off topic, I do recall sambo being as you describe. But lets not allow the PC brigade an excuse.;)
    I still remember when gay meant bright and happy, so the meaning of words does change.

No one uses either word the same way that they were used decades ago.

I still remember when gay meant bright and happy, so the meaning of words does change.

No one uses either word the same way that they were used decades ago.

we say we have freedom of speech in this country as in some other countries - but i wonder how many people (especially older people of a different generation) struggle with having to overt using terminology and words of what they (we) grew up with to avoid upsetting others

(*sorry to go off topic)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭gercoral

not really food related but d'ya ever notice there's a dull dirty greasy patch on window where people have put their dirty greasy heads? fairly rotten

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

People cutting toe nails and finger nails is another extremely disrespectful behavior and filthy also spitting phlegm all over floor, seats and windows. Nail varnish is a tough one as the smell is quite over powering.

If people actually just laid back and relaxed the commute experience would be a lot more comfortable.

Jesus have you seen people cut their nails on public transport???:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It used to be considered the height of bad manners to eat in public. No one would have dreamed of chewing on a bus. Now you see people walking down the street eating sandwiches. Or standing outside a Chinese eating a tray of curry chips (which they then dump on the ground).

The Victorians had it right really.

That was amongst the upper classes. The lower realms of society lay in gutters and couldn't share space or sidewalks with gentry. Children were filthy and ate scraps in pools of dirt. I think society has come a long way since then albeit munching on a much hated egg sarnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Jesus have you seen people cut their nails on public transport???:eek::eek:

Yes also the aftermath of taking a dump and many times piss all over the place.
    Vomit everywhere another major problem and I really don't understand it that they are let carry on without having to pay for soiling the vehicle.

People with literally do anything.

Yes also the aftermath of taking a dump and many times piss all over the place.
    Vomit everywhere another major problem and I really don't understand it that they are let carry on without having to pay for soiling the vehicle.

People with literally do anything.

true - you try taking a taxi and puking up in it or soiling it , you pay for it - should be the same across all public transport really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Eating on public transport would make me feel sick. All those germs and dead skin cells floating around. I just about breathe on public transport but only because I have to. People who offend should be shot. Stinks is just one element of it. Have you ever heard someone munching an apple?! Argh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Even thinking of egg and onion sandwiches makes me gag .... I absolutely hate onions of any type or form and is makes me vomit to even hear people eat them never mind smell or see them ....

And then the after onion sandwich breath which absolutely reeks.

I do love a nice sambo with onion and chicken's period :P

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I do love a nice sambo with onion and chicken's period :P

????? - eeeew :eek:

Advertisement