Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoke v Manchester City 20/08/16 12.30 Skysports

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

That's a shocking decision. This isn't a no contact sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I don't think shawcross was getting to that anyways. Hmm... Pathetically soft

Nah, it's just time for people to stop dragging out of each other in the box, regardless of whether they're going to score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Mike Dean having a Mike Dean. I'm old enough to remember when the game had some decent men in black what has gone wrong? Is the game too fast, are the rules and their interpretations too messy to be consistent?

Long gone are the days of Uriah Rennie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Blatter wrote: »
    That's a shocking decision. This isn't a no contact sport.

It's a no dragging out of people sport though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Sterling barely touched Shawcross.

Sky's commentators seemed to have been paid to keep telling everyone the ref was consistent , when Shawcross didn't look to be impeded at all and it was a completely different scenario to the first penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

niallo27 wrote: »
    Shocking call there by the ref. You will 20 pens a game if this is the way it goes.
    You'll have none if players cop themselves on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

That's one of the worst penalty calls I have ever seen. Scratch that one of the worst refereeing decisions. Nonsense from Dean.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Unearthly wrote: »
    What a soft pen. Like as if he was determined to make up for mistake first half

Which mistake, the penalty City got or the penalty Stoke should have gotten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

No complaints from me for either of those penalties. Dean needs to apply that for the rest of the season.
    Can you see him awarding one of those against a bigger team when they're at home, probably not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Amazing distribution by Willy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Stokealona starting to turn up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can any City fan tell me what Navas actually offers to the team? He's sort of quick, that's all I see and nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

martyos121 wrote: »
    Can any City fan tell me what Navas actually offers to the team? He's sort of quick, that's all I see and nothing else.

Hes fast and has stamina and plays till the very end.He cant shot and is very predicatable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

He's the Spanish Aaron Lennon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Not a City fan but his primary purpose would be to create space for the other City attackers. His mere presence on the right will worry defenders because of his pace and ability to run in behind. City could obviously do a lot better though as his end product sucks big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Iheanacho is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Very nice goal, very calm and collected from Iheanacho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

is that city top on goal difference now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Don't think so, city conceded one more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

They are now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Sterling selfless fairplay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

City should win the league, crazy good squad.
    They've underperformed massively the last 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Iheanacho brilliant in that second goal for Nolito too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Job done. Accomplished first half display, ropey in the second half. I'd say Pep won't be happy with the drop-off in the second half, notwithstanding that Stoke didn't actually create that much in the way of decent chances. Not sure why he didn't leave Raheem on the right wing; Navas shouldn't be out there. Anyway, it made a nice change from our customary poor result at Stoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

blueser wrote: »
    Job done. Accomplished first half display, ropey in the second half. I'd say Pep won't be happy with the drop-off in the second half, notwithstanding that Stoke didn't actually create that much in the way of decent chances. Not sure why he didn't leave Raheem on the right wing; Navas shouldn't be out there. Anyway, it made a nice change from our customary poor result at Stoke.

Same thing in his first season at Bayern. Lots of great half performances or strong showings for 60 minutes then a big drop off in sections of games. At the end of the day the football he is trying to implement takes time and hard work both on the part of himself and his coaching staff and his team of players but he will undoubtedly be overjoyed with how City have taken to his ways so quickly. I think that first season at Bayern and the trials, tribulations and issues that came with it have benefited City hugely because it appears that he and his team have taken a lot of lessons from what went well and what didnt go well and theyve adjusted their approach here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Not as good in the second half but a better performance than the Sunderland game. Looking very rosy for City.

Advertisement