Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAS allowance while on Supplementary Welfare Allowance, still under contract? URGENT!

Options
  • 20-08-2016 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if anybody has anynore information on this. I have been on supplementary welfare allowance since the end of July due to stress from a working environment (call centre) , so am not working but still under a contract.

I am starting a FAS course on Monday coming (healthcare support) and was told I am eligible for allowance as I am in receipt of supplementary welfare allowance.

I'm wondering does the contract thing make any difference?

If anybody knows more, it would really help.

Daniel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DanielV

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 38 thecraicaddict

DanielV wrote: »
    Bump

Hey Daniel, they will not know you've a contract with your employer. If anyone asks say they let you go. If anyone asks you're not employed by them.

Hey Daniel, they will not know you've a contract with your employer. If anyone asks say they let you go. If anyone asks you're not employed by them.

I spoke to the social.welfare activation department in regards to this yesterday and she said I should be eligible for the training allowance after she spoke to a community welfare officer.

I was actually enrolled into the course by my partners welfare officer, (she was also applying for a course. So the recommendation/enrolment came from not my own social welfare officer.

I'm just concerned that me being under a contract (which the department knows as had to show proof of this when getting supplementary welfare allowance due to being rejected for illness benefit) will be me already having a job in the eyes of the government.

Anyone got any other information?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I'm starting with the contract stands but you're not in receipt of payment from it.
    My advice would be inform them of any change in circumstance. Informing the internet is of no use. Pop down the local Intreo, tell them the way things are. They're there to cater for you, not you to fear them. And as you say the contract is on thier books ... you're helping them avoid a clerical errot.
    And yes, the Case Officers are delighted to see someone with your dilemma. An intelligent question.

Makes a change from "I never got the letter because gypos/ black bastards / kids rob me mail, bud". ......they're all at me and the fact I'm off me head and it's 4.05 on Friday is loike all down to the man.

That last paragraph was me ranting.

• Advertisement

I'm starting with the contract stands but you're not in receipt of payment from it.
    My advice would be inform them of any change in circumstance. Informing the internet is of no use. Pop down the local Intreo, tell them the way things are. They're there to cater for you, not you to fear them. And as you say the contract is on thier books ... you're helping them avoid a clerical errot.
    And yes, the Case Officers are delighted to see someone with your dilemma. An intelligent question.

Makes a change from "I never got the letter because gypos/ black bastards / kids rob me mail, bud". ......they're all at me and the fact I'm off me head and it's 4.05 on Friday is loike all down to the man.

That last paragraph was me ranting.

The reason for me leaving the job initially was as it's making my anxiety worse (call centres and anxiety do not mix well) , and wanted to get into a new line of work. I wanted to work as a care assistant for a long time, but never had the opportunity as was working in any job I could find.

When I spoke to the social welfare activation department she said I am entitled, so I am taking this as gospel at the moment.

The reason for urgency is that I'm starting the course Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Have you reassigned from the call centre yet

Gatling wrote: »
    Have you reassigned from the call centre yet

I have not, and I am almost 100% sure, if I do so, then I won't be entitled to anything for purposely terminating a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Assuming you meet the worst pencilbrain in history, it's a nine week suspension for quitting a paying job. That backdates to the last time you got paid.
    Any decision made by the DSP can be appealed within 21 days. So even if you do come across a tulip, putting it in writing and sending it to Appeals should yield results.
    That nine week rubbish was designed for dip****s who rob the shop and assault the boss on the way out - but is being used far too widely nowadays.

And avoid call centres. I've done 'em. Given a choice between Guantanamo and Conduit , I quite like Cuba.

Assuming you meet the worst pencilbrain in history, it's a nine week suspension for quitting a paying job. That backdates to the last time you got paid.
    Any decision made by the DSP can be appealed within 21 days. So even if you do come across a tulip, putting it in writing and sending it to Appeals should yield results.
    That nine week rubbish was designed for dip****s who rob the shop and assault the boss on the way out - but is being used far too widely nowadays.

And avoid call centres. I've done 'em. Given a choice between Guantanamo and Conduit , I quite like Cuba.

I have spoken to the social welfare department on Friday, just two days ago, and I assume these calls are recorded. I was told I am eligible so I a going by this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement