Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW-1070 battery.

Options
  • 20-08-2016 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Folks think my battery needs to be replaced in the alarm. Has been announcing low battery recently and now beeping.
    Problem is I'm not sure how to open the panel to remove battery.
    I don't want to force it is there a knack to it...
    Also would you be able to pick up batteries in the likes of maplin??
    Assume it's simple enough to change once you knock the mains off as I did it before with an older alarm.
    Anything I need to be aware of

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I think an electrical wholesalers or northwood would be better value for the battery

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tomdmur

Stoner wrote: »
    I think an electrical wholesalers or northwood would be better value for the battery

Cool any idea how to remove to battery panel cover.......

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There are 2 covered screws. I'll PM you the manual and it will all make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

KoolKid wrote: »
    There are 2 covered screws. I'll PM you the manual and it will all make sense.

Latest panel (2 years now) has only one. Hinged from the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

If it's a quantum you will need to get into the engineer menu to reset the low battery message when you change the battery pack so if you don't have the engineer code you should call the company who installed it and get themy to do it

quote="fred funk }{;100748181"]Latest panel (2 years now) has only one. Hinged from the bottom.[/quote]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

He said it was a 1070

Advertisement