Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marie stopes thread in ah

Options
  • 20-08-2016 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

This thread has been closed. An issue that effects approximately 10,000 Irish women annually. Why?

Please show me where my posting style needs to be reviewed. Other posters have contributed nothing to the the topic of the thread but try to shut down discussion by name calling.

Here's a link to the thread in question

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057637081/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Smondie wrote: »
    This thread has been closed. An issue that effects approximately 10,000 Irish women annually. Why?

Please show me where my posting style needs to be reviewed. Other posters have contributed nothing to the the topic of the thread but try to shut down discussion by name calling.

Here's a link to the thread in question

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057637081/1

You should read the closing post, it explains in detail why the thread was closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

You should read the closing post, it explains in detail why the thread was closed.

Can you point out in that thread where my posting style needs to be reviewed?

I added commentary in the op and with follow up posts , so not a news dump.

Is Highlighting the sub standard medical care being provided to women sh*t stirring?

Can you point out in that thread where my posting style needs to be reviewed?
    PM the mod in question for that one.
    I added commentary in the op and with follow up posts , so not a news dump.
    I see absolutely nothing in that OP but a single line repeating the article with no opinion whatsoever and a ridiculous title. I fully support Peregrine on this one.

PM the mod in question for that one.

I see absolutely nothing in that OP but a single line repeating the article with no opinion whatsoever and a ridiculous title. I fully support Peregrine on this one.

So you do see a contribution from me in the op then? And my follow up posts!

The clinic shut down performing services with immediate effect. This indicates the environment they ere carrying them out in was not fit for purpose, hence the title is fitting.

I won't pm the mod thanks. Anything they have to say can be said in public. It might help me and others learn from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to Help Desk as this is more of a query/complaint.

tHB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The title was highly exaggerated, and you know it.

dudara wrote: »
    The title was highly exaggerated, and you know it.

No I don't know it. See my above reasoning about the title.

If you feel that way about the title, why not change it? I've seen cases of thread titles been changed. Why close down all discussion on the issue?

This is bizarre, my thread is moved to a forum where posts need approval and then you stop approving and answering any posts I make in response.

Ok now that you have approved my posts, can you address my queries?Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It can take a while for posts to be approved. Nothing sinister about it, just means that mods are busy elsewhere.

As for the thread, you've been advised to contact the mod. I don't know why the mod decision was taken as I'm not telepathic. They are the person best positioned to answer your question.

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    It can take a while for posts to be approved. Nothing sinister about it, just means that mods are busy elsewhere.

As for the thread, you've been advised to contact the mod. I don't know why the mod decision was taken as I'm not telepathic. They are the person best positioned to answer your question.

So from your reply, apart from a "highly exaggerated" thread title you can see any reason why the thread was shut down?

So from your reply, apart from a "highly exaggerated" thread title you can see any reason why the thread was shut down?

I already told you - it was a newsdump. Newsdumps are closed in AH.

I already told you - it was a newsdump. Newsdumps are closed in AH.

If that is the reason, and i'm not sure it was as I added my own commentary and you're not the mod who closed it...

Why wasn't this thread closed? The OP is just a link to news?

Olympic Council fella Pat Hickey Arrested in Rio

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057635838

Ok after discussing it with ah mod skylinehead I have been given permission to start a new, more neutrally titled thread on the issue, including opinion in the op.

It has been acknowledged that some news dump threads are permitted depending on the topic and the severity/interest of the breaking news. Unfortunately my thread did not fall in to this category.

Thanks

Advertisement