Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Benefit & Lone parents

Options
  • 20-08-2016 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I can not understand the social welfares website at all. Just wondering if someone could help?
    I've been on maternity benefit since May, applied for lone parents and received the letter the other day explaining that I've been means tested (I receive €30 maintence per week) and out of €30 my means awarded is €7:50. Also, I have just noticed my maternity benefit has been halfed (I understand one social welfare payment would be halfed). Don't really understand it at all as the letter wasn't very clear nor was the website , does this mean I will only be receiving half my maternity benefit + €7:50?!!
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Zizigirl

You are only eligible for half rate maternity pay while on a one parent payment so from the date of application, (which is the date your one parent payment will be backdated to), your maternity payment had been halved. The means of 7.50 should mean you will get €188 per week payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ake2016

Zizigirl wrote: »
    You are only eligible for half rate maternity pay while on a one parent payment so from the date of application, (which is the date your one parent payment will be backdated to), your maternity payment had been halved. The means of 7.50 should mean you will get €188 per week payment.

Was unsure as the letter didn't indicate that! Thanks a mill for clearing that up 😀

Advertisement