Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping out

Options
  • 20-08-2016 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm interested in finding out what are the consequences of dropping out. What are the fee implications? Is there anything that I would have to pay for after dropping out? Obviously, I am aware of how this affects the student grant but besides that I would like to know about anything else involved.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

If you drop out and then start a new course, you are liable to pay fees for whatever duration of the a course you've already done. So if you've completed first year in course X and you drop out and start course Y you will have to pay fees for the first year of course Y. This is on top of the registration fee and the amount differs per course - you're looking at several thousand per year though.

There are cut off dates every year for dropping out and not being liable for fees if you start a new course or only being liable for half fees. I cannot remember the dates at all but let's just say the first cut off date is 1st Nov - if you drop out of a course before 1st Nov you won't have to pay any fees if you start a new course. The next cut off date might be 1st March. If you drop out between 1st Nov and 1st Mar you pay half fees for that year if you start a new course and drop out after that and it's full fees for the year.

Advertisement