Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a cable fault since this morning

Options
  • 20-08-2016 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Hello,

My eir fiber has been working without a problem for months but as of this morning i am having problems, im getting a cable error page randomly when i try to use my internet, ive checked all cables (absolutely nothing was changed or moved from Friday to Saturday, and am having no problems there so i presume with the bad weather something has happened on eirs end. Would appreciate quick help with this as i use my internet for work.

Regards
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

so internet is still constantly (as in every 5 minutes) switching between usable and not, I had enough problems (2 months worth) trying to set this up with eir, i am not going through another 2 months of crap to get my internet back. My speeds where 40mbs last friday just in case i get some sort of decrease in speed when and if this gets fixed.

Was working great yesterday, thought it had fixed itself, how naïve of me :D same crap today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Was working great yesterday, thought it had fixed itself, how naïve of me :D same crap today
    Hi Icyseanfitz,

Thank you for getting in touch :)

I am very sorry to hear you are having some issues with your broadband. 

I would recommend you contact our loyalty team directly on 1890-260-260 or freephone 1901 for the best support on this. 

Once you have contacted the guy's they will be able to troubleshoot these issues.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

fixed itself for a bit but its gone since yesterday again, ive about had it with eir tbh, nothing but trouble to set up, getting charged for the wrong package, and now this!

I presume il have to ring support which is always a fun experience in futility 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

fixed itself for a bit but its gone since yesterday again, ive about had it with eir tbh, nothing but trouble to set up, getting charged for the wrong package, and now this!

I presume il have to ring support which is always a fun experience in futility 
    I'm sorry to hear this  Icyseanfitz.
    I'm afraid so as direct troubleshooting would be required.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement