Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

27 x 1 3/8 inch (37 x 630) tyre

Options
  • 20-08-2016 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

Looking for a tyre twenty-seven inches by one-and-three-eighths, ie 37 x 630, for a bike brought home from far away. The only ones I can see online are either £50+ or an unknown make.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Thanks so much, Lumen. Is this an ok shop to buy from?

Oh, but wait, they aren't one-and-three-eighths. Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

SJS are cool but I don't know what shipping charges are like.

Does the width matter?

• Advertisement

According to bike shops asked about this, the width does matter. Would try changing the wheel, but it has a hub dynamo. If we don't find the right tyre here, we can get it from the faraway country.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

It sounds like a Japanese bike or at least East Asia somewhere but I could be wrong!
    Any 27×1 1/4 (32-630) tyre should fit absolutely fine, the bikes I've come across with the wider size haven't been all that old and tend to have clincher rims anyway.
    You have huge choice in 27×1 1/4 tyres and can pick them up anywhere, I like a nice white wall tyre myself.

Holyboy wrote: »
    It sounds like a Japanese bike or at least East Asia somewhere but I could be wrong!
    Any 27×1 1/4 (32-630) tyre should fit absolutely fine, the bikes I've come across with the wider size haven't been all that old and tend to have clincher rims anyway.
    You have huge choice in 27×1 1/4 tyres and can pick them up anywhere, I like a nice white wall tyre myself.

Thanks; tyre ordered from far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Chuchote wrote: »
    According to bike shops asked about this, the width does matter. Would try changing the wheel, but it has a hub dynamo. If we don't find the right tyre here, we can get it from the faraway country.

If it became a serious issue, you could rebuild the wheel with a 700c rim but you'd be spending on rim and spokes and would probably spend near the same as a new dynamo wheel...

cdaly_ wrote: »
    If it became a serious issue, you could rebuild the wheel with a 700c rim but you'd be spending on rim and spokes and would probably spend near the same as a new dynamo wheel...

Yeah. This old bike, while beloved, is already a hames; it goes crrrankkk crannkkk when you pedal due to a fucáilte bottom bracket.

• Advertisement
Advertisement