Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha Stagepas 300 PA System problems...

Options
  • 20-08-2016 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

First and foremost please accept my apologies if I'm posting in the wrong area and Mods, feel free to move this to wherever you feel it best fits!

We have a Yamaha Stagepas 300 PA system that is about four years old, but is only used a couple of times a year at events in our village.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/live_sound/pa_systems/stagepas_300/

It has so far served us well but the last time we tried to use it, it switches on and then immediately switches off. It will then turn itself back on and again switches off. Then it will continue this on/off cycle until you remove the power cord.

This happens with or without the speakers connected.

It has not, to my knowledge, been mistreated and has been stored in its original packaging in a warm, dry place.

And so to my questions :)
    1. Has anyone else had this problem with a small PA system?
    2. Any clues on how to rectify this? (I do have some electronics knowledge and am handy enough with the iron.)
    3. Any suggestions on a repair centre / person who may want to repair it for us?
    Thanks in advance for any responses!

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭TroutMask

Many of those Yamaha PAs have a 7-year-warranty take it to a Yamaha dealer

Advertisement