Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An appeal.

• 20-08-2016 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Hope the mods don't mind me posting this but my fella's at the end of his tether. He really wants a bike back in his life. He sold a VFR 400 with Rothman's racing colours 8 years ago and he hasn't been able to find a bike since. He sold it so we could move in together. Between one thing and another he couldn't find one that he could get. Money is a big factor. We've been through a lot over the years and he's made me stronger as a person. Does anyone have anything or know of one he could fix up himself. He loves a challenge. He picked me after all. I just want to see him back on the road on 2 wheels. Thanks for reading this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

If no luck here have you fought about importing from the uk sterling is low at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

jimbev wrote: »
    If no luck here have you fought about importing from the uk sterling is low at the moment

Let's say the bike costs 400 sterling how much is that altogether with importing it to here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

A 1986 registered bike will be VRT exempt

any later vfr 400s will have VRT of 75 euro.

(vrt is 2 euro per CC up to and including 350, and 1 euro per CC thereafter so 750 euro for a 400cc bike, then the 90% reduction in VRT as it's over 10 years old, but less than 30 years old)

https://www.ros.ie/evrt-enquiry
    This should give you a rough idea
    As for getting over to ireland there is a lot of ways it can be done
    Removal lorry trailer back of a van

Very helpful frozen frozen

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help so far. The other night he was a bit upset about it. He's not like that normally. He doesn't get upset or if he does he doesn't show it. I had forgotten how much a bike means to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

KKkitty wrote: »
    Thanks for your help so far. The other night he was a bit upset about it. He's not like that normally. He doesn't get upset or if he does he doesn't show it. I had forgotten how much a bike means to him.

Try and keep it a bit light hearted here KKitty.....;):o

Try and keep it a bit light hearted here KKitty.....;):o

Sorry but I was taken aback by him actually showing his emotions about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭ciarano

Google vfr 400 rothmans and the search will bring up forums/resellers/rare bike sellers etc some selling the rothmans kit so that might be a possible work around for him :-) good luck with the search hes a lucky chap who has a caring partner nice to see :-)

ciarano wrote: »
    Google vfr 400 rothmans and the search will bring up forums/resellers/rare bike sellers etc some selling the rothmans kit so that might be a possible work around for him :-) good luck with the search hes a lucky chap who has a caring partner nice to see :-)

Thank you so much!! At one time a friend called him the only true biker in their group. All the others only took their bikes out in good weather or weekends. My fella was on his in all weathers every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

Not a VFR in the rothmans colours but a CBR400..... There's a few VFR400 on that FB group, just not in Rothmans colours. The name of the group on FB is "Motorbikes for sale or swap Ireland"

Advertisement