Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powershell for Ubuntu/CentOS

Options
  • 20-08-2016 7:11pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any one else have a look at this lately? I forked it with the view of possibly building it for Fedora. I haven't done much with it yet, but it apparently runs on Ubuntu, CentOS and MacOS.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell Meant to post the link to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Scratching my head trying to figure out who this is aimed at, given the wealth of scripting languages already available for decades on *nix systems.

Maybe Windows admins or developers? But surely they would be running Windows?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

...Maybe Windows admins or developers? But surely they would be running Windows?

It's a possibility, but it could be leveraged to bring Windows users to the dark side or the other way around. Maybe some Developers/Admins need Powershell.

Advertisement