Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Wenger in

Needed a striker today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ok. I'm going to try be positive. If you asked me at the of last season would I see a home less by the odd goal in five against Liverpool and a goalless draw away to Leicester as meaning we can't win the league, then I'd have to say no. Putting the results as standalone without the context of the time of the season I'd say we can still go on.

For me it's the complete lack of form and any sign of anything new in the squad that is more worrying. We seem stale. It's same old same old, and the players can't just blame Wenger either. Sure he is a massive hurdle, and his substitutions today proved that, but at the end of the day, the players have to look at themselves too.

Sanchez in particular has been terrible, and not just this season. He's been terrible for quiet some time now. He is so easy to defend against. A typical Youtube player. Will do something every couple of games that will blow you away, but fúcks the team over every other game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

gosplan wrote: »
    Needed a striker today.

We do more than anything

But how can we play 2 DMs and they still leave our defense so exposed

We do more than anything

But how can we play 2 DMs and they still leave our defense so exposed

Leicester just suck everyone deep and punt the ball into space.

But our defence dealt with that so well. Never really got the wrong side, next player charging back to help.

Leicester got a lot of space from their counter-attacking style but not much success.

We just needed a striker.

• Advertisement

Leicester just suck everyone deep and punt the ball into space.

But our defence dealt with that so well. Never really got the wrong side, next player charging back to help.

Leicester got a lot of space from their counter-attacking style but not much success.

We just needed a striker.

Kos and Holding were outstanding

Was very disappointed with the midfielders though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Excellent result for Arsenal in holding the champions to a draw away from home. Extrapolate that result across the season and Arsenal are genuine title challengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Excellent result for Arsenal in holding the champions to a draw away from home. Extrapolate that result across the season and Arsenal are genuine title challengers.

We beat them twice last season yet, well you know what happened.....

Solid draw away from home.
    Ozil had an impact.

Next one please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Leicester will be mid-table this season.
    We will be slightly above them.
    Neither will challenge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

omega man wrote: »
    We beat them twice last season yet, well you know what happened.....
    Oh I agree 100%. The mental strength of this Arsenal team in unreal. If there is one team that are feared this season, it's Arsenal.

Solid draw away from home.
    Ozil had an impact.

Next one please.

Yeah. I feel either Ozil or Giroud would have won us that if they started.

But more than anything Wenger needs to look at this and say 'I have one striker'.

We didn't even make Huth and Simpson work till Giroud came on. An injury to him and we'll find it impossible to score against any well organised defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Oh I agree 100%. The mental strength of this Arsenal team in unreal. If there is one team that are feared this season, it's Arsenal.

Troll somewhere else mate, is this your coping mechanism for Liverpools shambolism earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Standard Wenger interview.

Talks about only spending on quality yet has signed so much dross over the years. Worried about the 600 club employees lol

Yeah. I feel either Ozil or Giroud would have won us that if they started.

But more than anything Wenger needs to look at this and say 'I have one striker'.

We didn't even make Huth and Simpson work till Giroud came on. An injury to him and we'll find it impossible to score against any well organised defence.

I'm not too concerned to be honest.
    Sanchez won't be poor for long, he isn't the type.
    Theo might be useful this season, and Giroud doesn't seem injury prone.

I would like a striker, but I don't think it will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/SamWallaceTel/status/767072859357347841

He's an accountant now, not a manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

New thread??

Same old sh*** sadly!

FFS lads will you get it into your heads -- there's nobody coming in. Our spending is done. It's been as plain as day for a long time.

https://twitter.com/HayleyWright/status/767073755961159680

Most accurate statement I've read in a while.

That 600 employee comment is just ridiculous

• Advertisement

FFS lads will you get it into your heads -- there's nobody coming in. Our spending is done. It's been as plain as day for a long time.

It's plainly obvious wenger won't spend.
    He is now responsible for employees wages.
    All 600 of them.
    Don't think any other manager has made that claim, and if did would've been strung up by the board if untrue.

Our board must allow him all the freedom in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

It's plainly obvious wenger won't spend.
    He is now responsible for employees wages.
    All 600 of them.
    Don't think any other manager has made that claim, and if did would've been strung up by the board if untrue.

Our board must allow him all the freedom in the world.

The board is answerable to Wenger that's the set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Not his biggest fan but Wilshere looked excellent when he came on. Xhaka - Wilshere next week hopefully.

I wonder is he that worried about the 600 employees when he's pocketing his £7m a year. I wouldn't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I have disagreed with you saying this for ages instead saying that we wouldn't get the players we want but we will get cheaper alternatives instead but I'm seriously doubting that now.

Wenger just will not pay the higher fees that clubs are looking for. Worried we won't get anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Wenger at this stage is only the symptom, Kroenke is the true disease here. Until he is rooted out this will continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

gandalf wrote: »
    Wenger at this stage is only the symptom, Kroenke is the true disease here. Until he is rooted out this will continue.

I actually worry that when Wenger goes we won't replace him properly, drop to 6th or 7th and stay there. Kroenke won't care as long as the club is making money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

I'm f*cking sick of wengers attitude towards the fans at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Never been more frustrated with Arsenal and Arsene Wenger. His mismanagement of this great club is driving the fans insane I'm genuinely doubting whether he gives a fùck anymore. The balls on him to bring up the amount of employees at the club, stop worrying about money and start worrying about the fùcking results!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Wenger on SFR Sport: "Mustafi? We hope it will be done. We are struggling to find the players we need."

Wenger on why Asano hasn't got work permit - "because he didn't cost £50m".

Wenger: "What matters to me is when you have a club with 600 employees you have the money to pay them at the end of the month."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

j14 wrote: »
    Wenger: "What matters to me is when you have a club with 600 employees you have the money to pay them at the end of the month."

There's a telling quote, 15 years ago what mattered to Wenger was the football and the results. Now it's suddenly the employees of the club, we've lost him altogether at this point.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    There's a telling quote, 15 years ago what mattered to Wenger was the football and the results. Now it's suddenly the employees of the club, we've lost him altogether at this point.

He's lost me a long time ago.
    He's a bare-faced spoofer. Minister for Funny Excuses if you weren't a fan of the club.

j14 wrote: »
    Wenger on SFR Sport: "Mustafi? We hope it will be done. We are struggling to find the players we need."

Thought he found the defender we need awhile ago.
    Just won't spend the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

j14 wrote:

Why would a manager concern himself with this ? Bizarre. I presume the club has a structure in place where the transfer budget reflects the max possible outlay available to the manager. Is Wenger the chief exec these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

It was a stupid thing to say, but all he was really saying was that the club has to live within its means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Why would a manager concern himself with this ? Bizarre. I presume the club has a structure in place where the transfer budget reflects the max possible outlay available to the manager. Is Wenger the chief exec these days?

Coz he's not a **** like Mourinho who will trample all over anyone to get what he wants.
    The man has a conscience wether you want him gone or not you can't fault him for that

Lads still being taken in by Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

greendom wrote: »
    It was a stupid thing to say, but all he was really saying was that the club has to live within its means

While answering the same questions for the billionth time.

• Advertisement

Lads still being taken in by Wenger.

??

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Coz he's not a **** like Mourinho who will trample all over anyone to get what he wants.
    The man has a conscions and wether you want him gone or not you can't fault him for that

It's just more arrogant drivel. If he had a conscience, he'd be too embarrassed to keep collecting his massive salary while failing to do his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

FixitFelix wrote: »
    The man has a conscience wether you want him gone or not you can't fault him for that

He's not a winner like Mourinho either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

He's not anything like Mourinho.

Thanks be to f*ckin Jesus.

This new thread seems to have got off on the wrong foot :D

Thank fcuk he's not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Basil3 wrote: »
    This new thread seems to have got off on the wrong foot :D

At least Gav didn't make this one :D

I think for people's own sake they should stop having such emotive responses to whatever Wenger says in interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Quazzie wrote: »

Sanchez in particular has been terrible, and not just this season. He's been terrible for quiet some time now. He is so easy to defend against. A typical Youtube player. Will do something every couple of games that will blow you away, but fúcks the team over every other game.

Jaysus. 2 games into the season and your slating one of our best players when imposters like Walcott have being getting away with it for the last 10 years. We are lucky to have players like Sanchez at the club. If only we played him in his correct position.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Watching the Olympic final here, Wenger should go after the German 5 CB. Feicin class, can't quite get his name, but he looks quality! Gnabry is having a quiet one but you can see the Brazilians double marking him at times.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement