Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

It's alphabetical with todays updates superseding that ;)

And yeah sortable.

That makes sense

15232287_1272611906128910_3363781165280511459_n.jpg?oh=5c245d55ddca4ca3109a1945fbd7e44f&oe=58B14E04

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

mansize wrote: »
    15232287_1272611906128910_3363781165280511459_n.jpg?oh=5c245d55ddca4ca3109a1945fbd7e44f&oe=58B14E04

Legend,think of how he was wrote off after the first 18 months,now he's the boss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Love that guy.

emmetlego wrote: »
    I see what you mean Basil, but hardworking and loyal, while admirable traits, are not enough to be a top class MF player in the PL. I used to love Aaron, but his form has been so poor for so long now. We need to be more clinical when dealing with our staff, if we want success that is!

I can think of plenty more id ditch before Ramsey. To be honest he would be a player id have no hesitation in remaining loyal to because he gives his all every game. Rambo is lacking match fitness due to Wenger playing him injured the first game of the season. He missed the next 6 games. He is a far better player than how he is playing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I can think of plenty more id ditch before Ramsey. To be honest he would be a player id have no hesitation in remaining loyal to because he gives his all every game. Rambo is lacking match fitness due to Wenger playing him injured the first game of the season. He missed the next 6 games. He is a far better player than how he is playing at the moment.

Yeah, fair comment. I would question his ability though. He has had a good 6 months with Arsenal as a senior player, that's all. The 6 months where he scored a heap of goals and then got injured? Can't remember when that was, but it was at least 4 years ago. Is that the consistency we need to be a top level club? That's where we'll disagree I'd imagine.

Yeah, fair comment. I would question his ability though. He has had a good 6 months with Arsenal as a senior player, that's all. The 6 months where he scored a heap of goals and then got injured? Can't remember when that was, but it was at least 4 years ago. Is that the consistency we need to be a top level club? That's where we'll disagree I'd imagine.

I wouldnt be in doubt of his ability personally. Yes he had a scoring spree which dried up that same season but his overall contribution was still significant in every game. Rambo never ever gives up. He could be having an absolute mare and he'll keep perservering to the bitter end. We need more of him not less. Id happily sack Theo, Ox, Jenkinson, and iwobi if it meant keeping Ramsey.

Surely Theo has justified staying this season?

Unbeaten in November

Unbeaten in November

Its a consolation we didnt lose but we are going for the league at the end of the day and we've fallen behind. Not drastically but it paints a worrying picture. The ambition should be to be champions and the same problems of old are festering. A draw is two precious points dropped .We've had 3 of them and four if you include the fact we fúcked away top of the group in the UCL

• Advertisement

Surely Theo has justified staying this season?

He's up and down. In order to win titles you need stronger characters than him but thats just my opinion.

He's up and down. In order to win titles you need stronger characters than him but thats just my opinion.

He's been much improved this season

He's been much improved this season

I agree but he is still not good enough for the Arsenal in terms of where the supporters want the team to go.

im sure Arsene and the board is delighted with him though. we're good for fourth as long as Theo can contribute like he is doing.

I agree but he is still not good enough for the Arsenal in terms of where the supporters want the team to go.

im sure Arsene and the board is delighted with him though. we're good for fourth as long as Theo can contribute like he is doing.

We finished 2nd last season, he was poor...

If he has improved, why would we disimprove???

Worse that TW14 won the EPL

We finished 2nd last season, he was poor...

If he has improved, why would we disimprove???

Worse that TW14 won the EPL

Fair point. I just think Arsene has been blindsided too much by these type of players. He has ability but i dont think he has the stomach for a scrap or any real belief or desire. He isnt alone. chamberlain is another guilty party. Iwobi falling down that road. I cant fathom why Jack got a contract offer, if he isnt good enough this year he never will be and he hasnt been standout for Bournemouth. Im not sure Jenks was ever good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Elneny in the 2nd half last night was literally everywhere, I'd love to see what sort of ground he covered if anyone has a stat for it? I distinctly remember him pressing their keeper at the 88th minute, such a hard worker for the team.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Elneny in the 2nd half last night was literally everywhere, I'd love to see what sort of ground he covered if anyone has a stat for it? I distinctly remember him pressing their keeper at the 88th minute, such a hard worker for the team.

The more I see him play, the more I'm convinced we got an absolute bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Didn't catch the game after the peno unfortunately, from what I saw we were having trouble with the final ball again, we looked vulnerable at the back also. Anything change in the second half? What were the goals like? Sorry I would youtube it but can't at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Bournemouth pressed well yesterday but that was compounded by a certain lethargy. When a quick pass would have avoided danger, players were guilty of hanging on to the ball and losing possession. I think we were a little lucky yesterday and the 3 - 1 scoreline not really a fair reflection

Anyway that's November virtually out of the way. I hope the second string can put on a good performance against Southampton but I'm not really bothered about the league cup. Hopefully we can rediscover some form and keep this unbeaten run going. (with more wins than draws obviously !)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

CatInABox wrote: »
    The more I see him play, the more I'm convinced we got an absolute bargain.
    He and Xhaka seem to compliment each other. But Coq will always start before Xhaka i'd say and when everyone is fit Elneny will only get the odd start.

Didn't catch the game after the peno unfortunately, from what I saw we were having trouble with the final ball again, we looked vulnerable at the back also. Anything change in the second half? What were the goals like? Sorry I would youtube it but can't at the moment.

2nd goal was nice. Some good play on the right led to Ozil in the box. Some nice step overs led to a cross that fell to Monreal who crossed it back leaving Walcott with an easy header.

3rd was on the break - couple of passes between Ozil and Giroud led to Olivier having to use all his pace to get to the ball before it went over the goal line. He made it and crossed to Sanchez who had an easy finish

really hope the Debuchy injury is not too serious. He is miles ahead of Jenkinson imo..

Bellerin will be back soon enough so hopefully not too much of an issue anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

greendom wrote: »
    really hope the Debuchy injury is not too serious. He is miles ahead of Jenkinson imo..

Telling that Jenkinson wasnt even in the squad

keano_afc wrote: »

Telling that Jenkinson wasnt even in the squad
    Wow, hadn't realised that! That's the end of Jenkins surely, unless of course he's injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

In London with work for a few days. Anyone know the story with tickets for the league cup game Wednesday. Can you get them at the ground. Might head down for a look.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    In London with work for a few days. Anyone know the story with tickets for the league cup game Wednesday. Can you get them at the ground. Might head down for a look.

Its officially sold out https://twitter.com/tickets2arsenal good for picking up spares

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Cheers lads

Saints Wednesday get akpom up front,Martinez in goal rest Ozil Sanchez Kos mustafi,sure rest the majority of the 1st 11.
    Let the reserves go and try win the competition AW never took it too serious anyway....Any thoughts for Wednesday lads
    akpom out in that physioroom link below.

WTF? Giroud down for a hamstring injury on physioroom. No return date, same for Debuchy. When did Giroud get injured?

Link here

• Advertisement

Giroud picked up a knock at the end of the game so I'm not sure if he will be fit. Ox will play and Perez may well start as he is in full training now.

Back 4 of Jenkinson, Gabriel, Holding and Gibbs

Midfield to include Ramsey, Xhaka, Coquelin,

WTF? Giroud down for a hamstring injury on physioroom. No return date, same for Debuchy. When did Giroud get injured?

Link here

last kick of the game. He went down in a collision with a Bournemouth defender

last kick of the game. He went down in a collision with a Bournemouth defender

Thanks, missed that completely! Wondered if it was when he had to "sprint" to get that pull back for Alexis 2nd goal... Really is a laboured looking run!

Giroud picked up a knock at the end of the game so I'm not sure if he will be fit. Ox will play and Perez may well start as he is in full training now.

Back 4 of Jenkinson, Gabriel, Holding and Gibbs

Midfield to include Ramsey, Xhaka, Coquelin,

Hope your right about Perez

Thanks, missed that completely! Wondered if it was when he had to "sprint" to get that pull back for Alexis 2nd goal... Really is a laboured looking run!

probably didn't help. The pass wasn't up to Ozil's usual standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

You know what, maybe it isnt the most important cup competition in the world but I dont see why we shouldnt be trying to win it.
    A mixed team should still be good enough to go on and give it a rattle and besides winning games is a habit

wonga77 wrote: »
    You know what, maybe it isnt the most important cup competition in the world but I dont see why we shouldnt be trying to win it.
    A mixed team should still be good enough to go on and give it a rattle and besides winning games is a habit

They discussed it on the Arsecast. Maintaining the unbeaten run is important, but the younger/unused players will get a run. Coq, Ramsey, Ox, Martinez, Perez, Maitland-Niles, Iwobi, Holding, Jenks, Gabriel will all most likely get a run. Shame about Debuchy and Giroud.

Actually, the rest of the Arsecast discusses some of the topics we yap about here, penalties against etc..... Maybe you're watching us Mr. Blogs!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Got a ticket for the Basel game next week, hopefully with Giroud out, Perez not fit and Akpom also out Sanchez will get some game time against Basel after all :D

Got a ticket for the Basel game next week, hopefully with Giroud out, Perez not fit and Akpom also out Sanchez will get some game time against Basel after all :D

I'd rather he was rested- play Theo up front

Are we on the box tomorrow or 'the special box'?

• Advertisement

Think it's Special Box- United and West Ham on TV

Message to all Gooners going to the game this evening...if u r able to, wear something green in respect for #ForzaChapecoense #afcvsfc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Martinez; Jenkinson, Holding, Gabriel, Gibbs; Coquelin, Elneny; Reine-Adelaide, Ramsey, Iwobi; Perez

Interesting to see Ramsey at 10 at club level, think himself and Perez might partner well together tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Message to all Gooners going to the game this evening...if u r able to, wear something green in respect for #ForzaChapecoense #afcvsfc

Also, Piccadilly line is a disaster, they're only running half the usual trains, so be prepared for a walk.

Obviously match not on any UK/Irish channels, but here's a list of channels showing it, if anyone has access to them.

XRHgwfG.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Love it Basil3.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Basil3 wrote: »
    Obviously match not on any UK/Irish channels, but here's a list of channels showing it, if anyone has access to them.

XRHgwfG.png

Cheers man.

Any of those channels English speaking or American? Don't fancy watching a match with Latvian commentators haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Basil3 wrote: »

XRHgwfG.png

Where'd you get that info from Basil? would love something like this for every game we play. Cheers

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Where'd you get that info from Basil? would love something like this for every game we play. Cheers

I actually knew of this site but had forgotten about it, was in my bookmarks already when I went to it

http://liveonsat.com/quickindex.html

• Advertisement

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Cheers man.

Any of those channels English speaking or American? Don't fancy watching a match with Latvian commentators haha

No idea, soon find out. I'd usually start with BeIN.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement