Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

fans paid for this s**t

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

And that should be that as far as Jenkinson is concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

And people think Ramsey should start every week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Is this perez any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

That was awful to watch. Least it's only the league cup. Need a result this weekend though. Hope Elneny didn't pick up too bad an injury as he has played well lately. As I said Maitland-Niles in for Jenks or Coq at RB. Ramsey back on the bench where he belongs too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'd love those 90+ minutes back. Awful ****e from the get go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Hyzepher wrote: »
    fans paid for this s**t
    Thank God I diddnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Shocking performance overall. Iwobi was the only positive thought he had a very good game. Ramsey offers nothing these days, on the break mid way through the 2nd half and Ramsey receives the ball and takes 4 touches and slows it all down, very infuriating. Hard worker but need a lot more than hard work. Lacking football intelligence and technique, his passing is poor and shooting dreadful right now. Need Bellerin back quick, major problem at right back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

What a waste of my evening.

Christ I should have known.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hardly anyone left in the stadium at the final whistle.
    Awful shyte altogether.
    Iwobi the only real trier.
    Ramsey and Coq were poor.
    The defence were rubbish.
    Perez not great.
    Anyway it's only an auld cup match. The league is where it's at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

That was woeful even with this side he had out tonight, we played right into their hands. Maybe he should have put out one or two more first teamers but he was never going to do that. Jenko looks out of his depth, maybe we should be looking for a back up right back come January, we need Bellerin back badly. Ramsey was woeful, Lucas shouldn't have played. The back four weren't up for it. Southampton could have won that game by 5 with the chances they had.

I feel really disappointed with the team tonight more angry, the lack of heart and fight was horrible. Definitely some of these lad's aren't good enough to be first teamers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Same old **** every ****ing season for the last 10 or 12.

Garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

It's the fizzy/league/milk/carling bloody cup lads. He put out a **** team against full strength premiership opposition. We lost.

I'm very non-plussed and I really don't think it deserves this melt down. Big worry about Elneny mind you, didn't need to see that.

I will agree though, Jenks is not up to scratch, or even itch for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Nothing to see here. Context. This Cup cant even get a sponsor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

emmetlego wrote: »
    It's the fizzy/league/milk/carling bloody cup lads. He put out a **** team against full strength premiership opposition. We lost.

I'm very non-plussed and I really don't think it deserves this melt down. Big worry about Elneny mind you, didn't need to see that.

I agree about the cup but just the performance of the likes of Ramsey and the right back problem bothers me deeply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Well that was a **** November. We've definitely gone backwards this last four weeks. On this form we won't make the top four never mind win the league. I reckon even Man U will finish ahead of us.

They rested half their team mate. Yes they had a few first teamers out but so did we. The performance was very poor, no matter if it's the first team or the second team. No fight or heart. We should be going out to win everything. I don't like how some of the fans are saying it doesn't matter, it did to Chelsea and City the years they won the league. Are we too good to turn down these type of cups all of a sudden.

Well that was a **** November. We've definitely gone backwards this last four weeks. On this form we won't make the top four never mind win the league. I reckon even Man U will finish ahead of us.

That won't happen.

Looper007 wrote: »
    They rested half their team mate. Yes they had a few first teamers out but so did we. The performance was very poor, no matter if it's the first team or the second team. No fight or heart. We should be going out to win everything. I don't like how some of the fans are saying it doesn't matter, it did to Chelsea and City the years they won the league. Are we too good to turn down these type of cups all of a sudden.

This isn't a realistic proposition. The EPL cup is shyte.

mansize wrote: »

But it wasn't shyte to the likes of City or Chelsea when they won it during their league winning season's. Let's not start saying it's crap cause if we won tonight most of the people say it's crap would have been saying how important it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

It was our best chance of a trophy. Another barren season ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Wenger on Elneny: "He was sick before the game and after 10 minutes I could tell he wasn't right. He has diarrhoea or a stomach problem"

Why f*cking play him then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

mansize wrote: »

what is a realistic proposition? The league?

Success breeds success as they say.
    Never get the way Arsene looks down on this cup when more successful clubs take it more seriously, at least at the business end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Is Ramsey one of our most over rated players? Can count on 1 hand the amount of stand out performances he has had in 2 seasons.

ironkiwi wrote: »
    I agree about the cup but just the performance of the likes of Ramsey and the right back problem bothers me deeply.

Agree fully, they've both been very poor any time we've seen them this year, so it's not breaking news really. Hence why I don't give a toss about tonight.

I only watched it in spurts anyway, I had no interest in the game really, except to see some of the new guys.

Out of the teams that played the 1/4 finals, we were the only ones playing champions league football. Perspective and all that jazz. Wenger was even smiling at the final whistle!

If we beat the Hammers next weekend, I'll have forgotten all about this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Doesnt matter what the competition is, half them players out there dont deserve a jersey. Jenks should be playing his heart out for the club he is only a young fella, Ramsey thinks since that FA CUP goal he can walk on water.....he needs a slap round the ear and told to cop the **** on. But Wenger is never gonna do any of that to any player the tosser.....:rolleyes:

Hopefully will not affect the PL run....

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Is Ramsey one of our most over rated players? Can count on 1 hand the amount of stand out performances he has had in 2 seasons.

He was out for a long time with injury after playing during the summer and the tail end of last season. That look he gave Wenger was telling the first game of the season. He wasnt fit then and Wenger played him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

He was out for a long time with injury after playing during the summer and the tail end of last season. That look he gave Wenger was telling the first game of the season. He wasnt fit then and Wenger played him.

This is the one bit of hope I still have for Ramsey. I think he's one of those players who takes a long time to get back to 100% when returning from injury.

Virtually the whole team was desperately poor tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

. Wenger was even smiling at the final whistle!

Really? Outrageous if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

And the Arsenal fan merry-go-round continues, win on Saturday and Wenger and all the players are great again.

• Advertisement

FixitFelix wrote: »
    And the Arsenal fan merry-go-round continues, win on Saturday and Wenger and all the players are great again.

Not for all of us. Only trophies will matter now. Im fed up with the bullshít

The players can fool themselves with their stupid selfies in the dressing room but until they win a major trophy and by that i mean the league or champions league then they will be held with nothing but contempt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Really? Outrageous if true.

Really? Outrageous? Get the ****in boat, there's utterly nothing in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

That was woeful even with this side he had out tonight, we played right into their hands. Maybe he should have put out one or two more first teamers but he was never going to do that. Jenko looks out of his depth, maybe we should be looking for a back up right back come January, we need Bellerin back badly. Ramsey was woeful, Lucas shouldn't have played. The back four weren't up for it. Southampton could have won that game by 5 with the chances they had.

I feel really disappointed with the team tonight more angry, the lack of heart and fight was horrible. Definitely some of these lad's aren't good enough to be first teamers.

Without being smart, that's why many of them aren't first teamers.

But this thread...Jesus.

'Cop on, outrageous, contempt, tosser'

Christ lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

You would imagine that many of them who are not first teamers would be chomping at the bit to lay down a marker and get themselves noticed but no. Mickey mouse cup or not, our lack of urgency,desire and application is pathetic

Most of them were kids FFS!!!

This is gas!

Arsenal boardsies be like...

This is gas!

If this decision to play the kids by Wenger helps us in terms of keeping the squad fresh then i have no real problem. However, the thing is we are producing the same flat performances in Europe and the league and will more than likely win nothing at the end of the day. Irregardless of how fresh we are the attitude still seems stink. I think the fear is that we may well win fúck all at the end of the season and perhaps we should be realistic at this stage and take whats on offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

This is gas!

Are you serious?

Martinez, Jenkinson, Gabriel, Holding, Gibbs, Coquelin, Elneny, Reine-Adelaide, Ramsey, Iwobi, Lucas Perez.

Martinez has played champions league for us so he's hardly inexperienced
    Apart from Holding and Reine-Adelaide there is plenty of experienced players in that team, you'd swear we put out a bunch of 16 year olds

• Advertisement

If this decision to play the kids by Wenger helps us in terms of keeping the squad fresh then i have no real problem. However, the thing is we are producing the same flat performances in Europe and the league and will more than likely win nothing at the end of the day. Irregardless of how fresh we are the attitude still seems stink. I think the fear is that we may well win fúck all at the end of the season and perhaps we should be realistic at this stage and take whats on offer

He obviously has greater goals than a fizzy cup. He won 2 FA cups in the last 3 years and some here were still calling for his head, you just can't win some time.

IMO, he was right to rest the lads. I'd much rather a decent challenge at the league or a decent tilt at he UCL than this poxy cup!

wonga77 wrote: »
    Are you serious?

Martinez, Jenkinson, Gabriel, Holding, Gibbs, Coquelin, Elneny, Reine-Adelaide, Ramsey, Iwobi, Lucas Perez.

Martinez has played champions league for us so he's hardly inexperienced
    Apart from Holding and Reine-Adelaide there is plenty of experienced players in that team, you'd swear we put out a bunch of 16 year olds

OK, so kids was the incorrect word.

Inexperienced pass the test??

But it wasn't shyte to the likes of City or Chelsea when they won it during their league winning season's. Let's not start saying it's crap cause if we won tonight most of the people say it's crap would have been saying how important it is.

It really is unimportant. City and Chelsea have the depth with their largess to win it with their mercenaries in reserves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

He obviously has greater goals than a fizzy cup. He won 2 FA cups in the last 3 years and some here were still calling for his head, you just can't win some time.

IMO, he was right to rest the lads. I'd much rather a decent challenge at the league or a decent tilt at he UCL than this poxy cup!

Well said.

Much bigger fish to fry. Delighted so many lads got a rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

FixitFelix wrote: »

Rubbish.

Rubbish.

Not for me, I couldn't give a toss if we beat the hammers!

• Advertisement

Wrong, He won 2 FA cups in the last 12 years and tbh those FA cups should have been a stepping stone to success last season. Instead we are every bit as flat this season as last because the desire to push ourselves just isnt there. I dont think his goals even come into it anymore. They dont look like a team driven by Wengers 'goals' and thats not going on tonight tbf as you rightly pointed out they are just youngsters but the story so far this season. They dont look to have too much desire or to be goal focused.

Your right, Wenger just CANT win. A fizzy cup would be better than nothing. I mean we dont seem to interested in winning the CL so why bother be in it at this stage?

Wrong, He won 2 FA cups in the last 12 years and tbh those FA cups should have been a stepping stone to success last season. Instead we are every bit as flat this season as last because the desire to push ourselves just isnt there. I dont think his goals even come into it anymore. They dont look like a team driven by Wengers 'goals' and thats not going on tonight tbf as you rightly pointed out they are just youngsters but the story so far this season. They dont look to have too much desire or to be goal focused.

Your right, Wenger just CANT win. A fizzy cup would be better than nothing. I mean we dont seem to interested in winning the CL so why bother be in it at this stage?

2 FA Cups in the last 3 years is not wrong. It's factually correct. Just because it doesn't suit your narrative doesn't make it wrong

We had to rest players. We don't have the strength and depth to be chasing all trophies. If he played the first team and someone got injured then where would we be? People calling for his head!
    We were the only UCL team in the last 8- what does that tell you?

We have reached the next stage of the UCL - surely that's more important than the cup that couldn't get a sponsor???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Rubbish.

Fact

Ok, you're first word is "wrong"! What did I say was wrong? Please tell? Or was that for dramatic effect?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement