Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

This is what I hate. It's not just about being 3 points off the top of the league.

It's about not winning it in 13 years.

Yeah, but when we do win the league again, it won't be because you moaned about how long it was since we last won it.

If I got as little enjoyment out of supporting Arsenal as some people here seem to, I seriously wouldn't bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yeah, but when we do win the league again, it won't be because you moaned about how long it was since we last won it.

If I got as little enjoyment out of supporting Arsenal as some people here seem to, I seriously wouldn't bother.

Well I think that's what I said in my original post. What don't you understand.

Getting knocked out of the league cup is not really what I'm annoyed about. It's still just the league cup. But it's the manner in which we go about it...we just looked like we can't be arsed out there...it's just another symptom of Wengers last decade at the club. You just never know what arsenal are turning up to any game be it in league or CL.

What arsenal will turn up, the one who can't even have a shot on target against the worst man united team I can remember or the one who can go and turn over Bayern or Barca.

It's like we just casually throw away wins/3 points like nobodys business and only start turning up again when we can't win the league anymore or when we've already been thrashed in the first leg of a CL knockout tie.

What does that tell me? That were awful under pressure. And I hate to say the "no spine" thing but it's so true.

Anyway you carry on criticising anyone who has an opinion other than your own. Let's concentrate on finishing fourth so we can concentrate on getting knocked out of the CL so we can concentrate on finishing fourth...again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

That interview with Gabriel is a difficult watch. You don't think of the wider links that group had to the footballing community

mansize wrote: »
    2 FA Cups in the last 3 years is not wrong. It's factually correct. Just because it doesn't suit your narrative doesn't make it wrong

Yeah but it should have been built on. We flopped last season and are headed down the same path again.

We are not going to win the league playing like we are playing and to be honest i dont enjoy witnessing what Arsenal have become. You always hope for better and that somehow the club will revitalise itself. Until Wenger goes and a decent manager comes in we will have to wait. Wenger was a great manager, he's about adequate now. We want more then about adequate. The finances are no longer a defence for him.

• Advertisement

He has to win this cup and everything else. Anything else is a failure, and anyone who says any different is only accepting mediocrity....

He wins nothing though. He has won 2 FA cups in 12 years. Yes they came within the last 3 seasons but then we stalled again as we royally fúcked up a title challenge last year. Just stating the facts here.

Arsenal fans want to win the league and Wenger doesnt look like he will do this. The team doesnt look remotely interested. I hope im wrong but as many suspected many years ago, Wenger is finished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

We are not going to win the league playing like we are playing and to be honest i dont enjoy witnessing what Arsenal have become. You always hope for better and that somehow the club will revitalise itself. Until Wenger goes and a decent manager comes in we will have to wait. Wenger was a great manager, he's about adequate now. We want more then about adequate. The finances are no longer a defence for him.

Simeone and Greiezmann - break the bank for them next summer.

marvin80 wrote: »
    Simeone and Greiezmann - break the bank for them next summer.

Personally id hope Wenger will do the honest thing and leave the reigns to another top level manager next season and while Simeone is a different personality he also knows how to punch above his weight on a budget. Unlike Wenger though he wouldnt be loyal to any passengers and wasters. If they didnt put it in they would get the heave ho

Ive a feeling Wenger will probably pick Eddie Howe himself when he does go. Nothing against Eddie, a terrific young manager but it would be waaayy too much of a step up for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

L'prof wrote: »
    3 points from top in league and joint top in cl group going into final game, yet going out of the league cup sends fans into absolute dispair. I genuinely don't know whether people are being sarcastic, trying to wind people up or are just too highly strung! I was disappointed with the resukt, but dropping points to West Ham would have a far bigger bearing in my mood!

This is what I hate. It's not just about being 3 points off the top of the league.

It's about not winning it in 13 years.
    It is what you make it. Your choice to be negative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I don't like Simone's physicality

• Advertisement

Anyway you carry on criticising anyone who has an opinion other than your own. Let's concentrate on finishing fourth so we can concentrate on getting knocked out of the CL so we can concentrate on finishing fourth...again.

I'm not criticising anyone. Everyone is welcome to their opinion.

I still don't understand why us getting knocked out of the League Cup can't be viewed as a mild disappointment, without it being dragged out to every failing of Arsenal for the last however many years. You can save all that for when we are out of the running for the League and are knocked out of the Champion's League. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I still don't understand why us getting knocked out of the League Cup can't be viewed as a mild disappointment, without it being dragged out to every failing of Arsenal for the last however many years. You can save all that for when we are out of the running for the League and are knocked out of the Champion's League. :p
    Just like last year and the one before :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

ok after the gloom of last night just want to invite everyone to our Christmas party..

ARSENAL DUBLIN X-MAS PARTY
    18th Dec. after the Manchester City Game
    @ The Mercantile
    Join Santa for craic agus ceol and The BIG CHRISTMAS QUIZ
    We would ask everyone to bring a small gift for our secret santa.
    So hope to see you there

What kind of Christmas is a Christmas without Santi???

greendom wrote: »
    It is what you make it. Your choice to be negative

More rubbish.

2 fa cups in 13 years is a TERRIBLE return for a manager. It's indefensible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

More rubbish.

2 fa cups in 13 years is a TERRIBLE return for a manager. It's indefensible.

Remarkable.

Ah it's just the way we go about it. Its like we just can't be arsed. It's the easiest domestic cup to win... Can't remember what year we got go the final and played a 2nd string side and got beaten. Success breeds success... For me getting knocked out of the league cup is just another trophy we could have won. I don't think we realisticlly have a chance of the CL or league the way we've been going. We're just to inconsistent.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Remarkable.

Defend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Defend it.

Why can't the frame of reference be 17 years? Two leagues, 5 cups is more than all but 2 English clubs in that span.

Or 3 years? 2 cups, and 3rd and then 2nd is hardly awful.

But go on picking the frame of reference which looks the worst if it makes you feel better.

Defend it.

Again?

Nope, don't have the strength.

It's December and we've lost 2 games all season.

Get over it, or you'll die from stressing yourself out.

• Advertisement

Believe me lads I'm not stressed out. I'm absolutely indifferent to it, and that's the problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Believe me lads I'm not stressed out. I'm absolutely indifferent to it, and that's the problem!

You sound quite the polar opposite to indifferent.

emmetlego wrote: »
    You sound quite the polar opposite to indifferent.

Well you'd know me better than myself.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Remarkable.

Defend it.
    Do we really have to talk about the stadium build and the influx of oil money again. Bad enough in a general football forum but in an Arsenal specific one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Well you'd know me better than myself.

Have you been tested for a mirror image?? It's a discussion forum. As Frankie said... "RELAX"!

I have to admit i think of this gif when coming across some of the posts on this thread at times

giphy.gif

Yes some overreact, but then there is some valid points being made from posters observing that there is no way we are going to win anything of importance with some of our consistently limp performances and these are just shot down.

I dont think its an unfair observation to suggest that there is a lacksey daisy culture that has grown within the club.

i dont think anyone is giving out about the League cup loss per se but of the contempt that Wenger shows it, as if the team is going hell bent and bald headed to win the other big trophies when the fact of the matter is we limp tamely out of each, year on year.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Have you been tested for a mirror image?? It's a discussion forum. As Frankie said... "RELAX"!

I've no idea why you're telling me to relax?

I've no idea why you're telling me to relax?

Apparently, if you dont feel that Arsenal are tearing up football your a negative pessimist who is stressed out and wound up to the gills.:rolleyes: it couldnt possibly be that you are making an honest and realistic opinion of the way things actually are.

Its a bit like the FG TD's and the condescending manner they talk about the water protesters.

Do we really have to talk about the stadium build and the influx of oil money again. Bad enough in a general football forum but in an Arsenal specific one?

It didnt exactly affect Leicester last year on their way to winning the league by 10 points. Or Atletico who have a smaller wage bill then many Premier League teams and despite this have won a league and got to 2 champions league finals in 3 years.

All we want as fans is to put our best foot forward. I wouldnt be honest with myself if i even slightly thought we were doing this

• Advertisement

Apparently, if you dont feel that Arsenal are tearing up football your a negative pessimist who is stressed out and wound up to the gills.:rolleyes: it couldnt possibly be that you are making an honest and realistic opinion of the way things actually are.

Its a bit like the FG TD's and the condescending manner they talk about the water protesters.

I wouldn't mind but it's the second time I'd to deny I was wound up or angry. I specifically stated I was "indifferent" about the whole thing.

It's kind of a put down, like a pat on the head and telling me I'm a good boy or something.

Wenger has peaked. Hes never going to win another league. His best days are LONG behind him. Hes just treading water now. Show some ambition in the summer and try and get Simeone in. Id have loved klopp at arsenal. Imagine what he could have done with the talent we have. Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

I've missed all the drama :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Show some ambition in the summer and try and get Simeone in.

Would love him to be Wengers replacement, but I strongly suspect he'll move to Inter when he leaves Atletico... possibly this summer.

& that's the real puzzle, who to replace wenger with when he does step down, not a great many options out there at the moment, though obviously that could change in the next 3 years.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Christ! :rolleyes:
    See you guys after the west ham game - well if we win ill pop in - it'll be calmer then.
    If we lose ill see you all next year :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Vitally important to get a win this weekend with big clubs playing each other

• Advertisement

Bendtner and Lansbury both miss penalties for Middlesboro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Bendtner and Lansbury both miss penalties for Middlesboro.

Nottingham Forest! I was wondering how did i miss Lord Bendtner moving to Boro

Ah Forest it is.
    I've had too many dwinks tonight.:D

Ah Forest it is.
    I've had too many dwinks tonight.:D

Angela has a killer left foot though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Sweet, that should be a 3 match ban for Aguero, meaning he'll miss the match against Arsenal in December.
    Chelsea have really shown them up here, we need to get the win against the hammers today and push on from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

4 match surely, it's his second ban of the season. I've a fúcking season long top scorer bet on him and he's now going to miss 7 games from a 38 game season for being a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Massive game again later, im a bit more confident though going to the Olympic Stadium instead of Upton Park. West Ham have been shocking so far this season, start off on the front foot and we should be grand. Hoping that we don't start slow and laboured as has been the case the past while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I'd like to see Alexis, Lucas and Theo as our front 3 with each of them interchanging as the game goes on to keep West hams defence on their toes, not likely Wenger will start 2 of our strikers and Theo at the same time though.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I'd like to see Alexis, Lucas and Theo as our front 3 with each of them interchanging as the game goes on to keep West hams defence on their toes, not likely Wenger will start 2 of our strikers and Theo at the same time though.
    Giroud always seems to do well against West Ham and should start if fit.

Meanwhile Bilic seems to be lining Carroll up for a return today. Hopefully he'll be rusty but we will need to be strong in the air and do all we can to stop crosses coming into the box.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

Meanwhile Bilic seems to be lining Carroll up for a return today. Hopefully he'll be rusty but we will need to be strong in the air and do all we can to stop crosses coming into the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Yeah if Giroud is fit he should be the first name on the team sheet, we'll need his height if Carroll is starting.

We need to get at least 1 point from Olympic Park today

Giroud Physicality required.

I'd play Gab at RB too

What channel are we on?

I hate these kind of games. Away to the reasonable-but-not-brilliant teams. These are the sh*tty ones that often end up undoing all the other good work.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement