Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    LOL, slightly offside?

Either he is or he isnt....and he was. Makes up for the soft free kick for the Carroll goal.

Yeah yeah. :pac:
    offside is offside.
    As opposed to a mile offside, y'know what i meant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Hope all ye FFers had him as your captain!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

It must have been offside as BT have mentioned the fact about 100 times already....

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Ah gway, "pure" :rolleyes:

Like the Pure at Heart crowd???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Good performance.
    When we play with a quick tempo we are hard to beat.
    Could have been eight goals tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Others scoring when the pressure is off and no need.....I will take it but we needed the desire when it was 1-1 and Alexis ran his heart out for us.

We need 6-1 to eclipse the spurs.....
    Pure rubbish - team has won 5 1 and that has won ridiculous post of the year

A poor West Ham made us look better than we are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Good result,decent performance.
    Hello December,goodbye November.
    2nd in the league.
    Long way to go yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Excellent second half 5-1 at the hammers is a super result

That'all do the confidence and the fluency the world of good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Don't understand the criticism the team got on here today.

They were strong from the first minute, chances were missed, but it always felt like it was only a matter of time. As it proved in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Feels great stuffing a team like that. The game should have been put to bed before it was, but that's splitting hairs. Great win and very little to complain about. Happy days.

Godge wrote: »
    Don't understand the criticism the team got on here today.

They were strong from the first minute, chances were missed, but it always felt like it was only a matter of time. As it proved in the end.

The criticism was in an overall context and perfectly justified. Are we that forgetful that we are now taking the 'Problem? what problem?' attitude?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Basil3 wrote: »
    Cracking goal from the Ox. Well done. Has played well tonight.

Dont let a good goal paper over the cracks. He is not good enough at this moment in time. Although would be delighted to be proved wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

If this team can be kept together I think they're very close to rewarding the fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

L'prof wrote: »
    If this team can be kept together I think they're very close to rewarding the fans

Hope to god your right. But I still think theres something missing. Need better wingers who can give a decent final ball. Even when we werent winning leagues a few years back we had better wide men. Hleb and Nasri were a level above Walcott and Ox.

Gringo180 wrote: »

Hope to god your right. But I still think theres something missing. Need better wingers who can give a decent final ball. Even when we werent winning leagues a few years back we had better wide men. Hleb and Nasri were a level above Walcott and Ox.

Definitely not the finished article but they've regained the ability to blitz teams and kill off games in 15/20 mins. Something that was common place at the start of Wenger's reign. It makes them exciting to watch even when playing poorly

We're into December and we're sitting in 2nd. Can't complain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

greendom wrote: »
    We're into December and we're sitting in 2nd. Can't complain

Wait for the backlash and pessimistic outlook now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Definitely not the finished article but they've regained the ability to blitz teams and kill off games in 15/20 mins. Something that was common place at the start of Wenger's reign. It makes them exciting to watch even when playing poorly

That's down to giroud not playing. He's a great option to bring on but has no starting place anymore. I was never really a fan of him but hope he'll stick around.

There's a decent depth to the squad starting to happen now, if they can avoid the usual blip after Xmas could be in with great chance of the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Thought Ox was pretty good today. Best ive seen him in a while. His final pass was poor alright but he played well I thought. His power when he runs with the ball is incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Thought Ox was grand today. Some silly moments like the shot that went out for a throw, but he was a constant outlet and that goal was class.

Obviously aside from all the Sanchez/Ozil platitudes, Gabriel was great at RB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Some smart investment in Jan now for a real class wide player could tip the balance in our favour.

Thought Ox was grand today. Some silly moments like the shot that went out for a throw, but he was a constant outlet and that goal was class.

Obviously aside from all the Sanchez/Ozil platitudes, Gabriel was great at RB.

Was about to post that too. Very solid. Doesn't offer the speed threat that Hector does, but very solid. Took a couple of hard knocks but got up, and got on with it. Very impressed with him!

Drexel wrote: »
    Thought Ox was pretty good today. Best ive seen him in a while. His final pass was poor alright but he played well I thought. His power when he runs with the ball is incredible

he was great breaking from midfield. All power and pace - just needs a bit more intelligence with when and how to lay the pass off. Lovely finish too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

greendom wrote: »
    he was great breaking from midfield. All power and pace - just needs a bit more intelligence with when and how to lay the pass off. Lovely finish too!

He should have stuck to the rugby if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Drexel wrote: »

Yes. When running from midfield and beating men he was very good. His final ball was not good though.
    At least he shows for the ball and tries hard which is more than can be said for Theo.
    I thought Monrael's runs and overlaps were excellent today. He's back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Yes. When running from midfield and beating men he was very good. His final ball was not good though.
    At least he shows for the ball and tries hard which is more than can be said for Theo.
    I thought Monrael's runs and overlaps were excellent today. He's back.

Theo wasn't great today at all. Very placid.

I think if we bought a top notch fully finished wide player in January it would really push us on

emmetlego wrote: »
    Was about to post that too. Very solid. Doesn't offer the speed threat that Hector does, but very solid. Took a couple of hard knocks but got up, and got on with it. Very impressed with him!

Called it for Gab beforehand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Always great to get a win like that. Ox was frustrating for most of the match but he showed what he was capable of late on. I think he helps Monreal out a lot more too than Iwobi which was evident in Monreals fine performance today.Think we could do with an upgrade over both in January for the run in though. Stats below!

Player|League Goals|Total Goals|League Assists|Total Assists
    Sanchez|11|13|4|6
    Walcott|6|9|2|2
    Ozil|4|8|2|4
    Oxlade Chamberlain|2|6|3|5
    Giroud|3|5|1|2
    Xhaka|1|3|0|0
    Cazorla|2|2|2|3
    Koscielny|2|2|0|0
    Own Goal|1|2|0|0
    Perez|0|2|0|3
    Chambers|1|1|0|0
    Ramsey|0|0|1|2
    Iwobi|0|0|3|3
    Elneny|0|0|1|2
    Bellerin|0|0|1|1
    Gibbs|0|0|1|1
    Akpom|0|0|0|1
    Monreal|0|0|1|1
    Mustafi|0|0|1|1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Great day today.

Helped a lot by the fact that West Ham were rubbish, but several lads really stood up today.

Delighted Ox banged one in, he really drove at them all game.

Don't mind Theo being quiet, he'll take the lead in other games (as he has before this season).

Can't wait till MOTD

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Can't wait till MOTD

Final whistle blew, and I smiled knowing what was coming next..... After the interviews, I hopped into the car and headed to the off licence. Nothing like a few beers watching MOTD when the gunners have just romped home!

Final whistle blew, and I smiled knowing what was coming next..... After the interviews, I hopped into the car and headed to the off licence. Nothing like a few beers watching MOTD when the gunners have just romped home!

Yeah, looking forward to MOTD, if I'm still awake! More hot whiskey!

Absolutely and did exactly the same, 6 bottles of Erdinger and the enjoyment of having a pal whose a hammer and took my €20 bet with him getting the draw!

Having enjoyed MOTD in ages

mansize wrote: »
    Yeah, looking forward to MOTD, if I'm still awake! More hot whiskey!

Great so we'll get more of your random posts tonight :)

Soups123 wrote: »
    Great so we'll get more of your random posts tonight :)

I may fall asleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Ah no, Chris Sutton. Jaysus.

Luis should have had at least a yellow for the body check on Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

City getting off lightly on MOTD after their antics

Shearer the moan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Lol @ Shearer saying Alexis isn't world class until he wins Arsenal the title. He'd walk into any team in the world, apart from maybe Barcelona.

Same old Tottenham, always cheating

jamescd wrote: »
    Lol @ Shearer saying Alexis isn't world class until he wins Arsenal the title. He'd walk into any team in the world, apart from maybe Barcelona.

An insufferable pr1ck.

If he wins arsenal the title then he'll be world class. Really Alan.

He really does have it in for us. Must be still a bit butt hurt over the 1998 FA cup final!

13 minutes ago
    So @Alexis_Sanchez leading his team to 2 successive Copa Americas isn't enough to make him world class. @alanshearer muppet opinion #MOTD

good point, well made

omega man wrote: »
    An insufferable pr1ck.

If he wins arsenal the title then he'll be world class. Really Alan.

He really does have it in for us. Must be still a bit butt hurt over the 1998 FA cup final!

I got so drunk that day on a guiness promotion, won a man united jersey too lol

18 and pished a month before the leaving...

Arsenal are currently 8 points ahead of corresponding fixtures last season. If they matched all remaining fixtures they would finish on 79 points

mansize wrote: »
    I got so drunk that day on a guiness promotion, won a man united jersey too lol

18 and pished a month before the leaving...

Had my 21st that day too. No wonder I can't remember much of that night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Arsenal are currently 8 points ahead of corresponding fixtures last season. If they matched all remaining fixtures they would finish on 79 points

Wouldn't be typically enough to win it, but possible. We won 97/98 with 78 points

omega man wrote: »
    Had my 21st that day too. No wonder I can't remember much of that night!

old man :P lol

It was so funny, me and my mate got practically all the promotors questions right, I gave him some stick over the United jersey- I ended up giving so many pints away

• Advertisement

We dodged a bullet with Vardy I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement