Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Dont get me wrong i'm delighted we've won,I couldn't care less about other results,but I certainly wont be celebrating anything other than winning the league or champions league.
    Fcuk celebrating beating West Ham,its West Ham.
    I've said it already,good result,decent performance.Long way to go yet.
    I've also seen nothing this season to convince me its going to be any different than the last 10.

Here here. Changes nothing for me UNTIL we win a league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Dont get me wrong i'm delighted we've won,I couldn't care less about other results,but I certainly wont be celebrating anything other than winning the league or champions league.
    I've also seen nothing this season to convince me its going to be any different than the last 10.

Can I go to your Xmas party?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Basil3 wrote: »

I have. Playing like cr*p and still winning, or at least drawing.

Harder to beat for sure. More strength un depth. A great centre back partnership. Solid GK. I could go on. Plenty to be positive about (if you want to be positive)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Our centre forward is joint top scorer in the league.

It's been a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Can I go to your Xmas party?

No

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

8. The number of times it has apparently been justifiable to enjoy supporting arsenal since world war 2 :D

Mickeroo wrote: »
    8. The number of times it has apparently been justifiable to enjoy supporting arsenal since world war 2 :D

1948 (league)
    1950 (FA cup)
    1953 (league)
    1970 (fairs cup)
    1971 (Double)
    1979 (FA cup)
    1989 (league)
    1991 (league)
    1993 (Cup double)
    1994 (CWC)
    1998 (double)
    2002 (double)
    2003 (cup)
    2004 (invincible league)
    2005 (cup)
    2014 (cup)
    2015 (cup)

Thats a bit more than 8 :p

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Our centre forward is joint top scorer in the league.

It's been a while.

Van Persie?Didnt win the league then

greendom wrote: »
    Harder to beat for sure. More strength un depth. A great centre back partnership. Solid GK. I could go on. Plenty to be positive about (if you want to be positive)

Im positive about all that,never said we were sh1t just not counting my chickens just yet...the real test is are we now good enough to win the league because of those improvements...I have my doubts,love to be proved wrong though

• Advertisement

Im positive about all that,never said we were sh1t just not counting my chickens just yet...the real test is are we now good enough to win the league because of those improvements...I have my doubts,love to be proved wrong though

Ah cop on now. If you are not blowing your load everywhere after this weekend then you are a very very hard man to please. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

If we won the league I imagine that wouldn't be good enough either!

Some people just want to watch the world burn!
    (And given recent electoral results they may soon have their wish)

Ah cop on now. If you are not blowing your load everywhere after this weekend then you are a very very hard man to please. :P

Been let down too many times...once we played football 2nd only to Barcelona:) but lost:mad:,now were useless but scrape wins and draws..one thing remains constant through all that time...No major trophies.:(

Been let down too many times...once we played football 2nd only to Barcelona:) but lost:mad:,now were useless but scrape wins and draws..one thing remains constant through all that time...No major trophies.:(

5-1 away, that's scraping a win??? 🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Jesus if you think you're useless spare a thought for the 99.9% of people who support teams not at arsenals level.

mansize wrote: »
    If we won the league I imagine that wouldn't be good enough either!

Some people just want to watch the world burn!
    (And given recent electoral results they may soon have their wish)

Plenty good enough,what are you on about?
    Lets keep poxy politics out of this.

• Advertisement

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Jesus if you think you're useless spare a thought for the 99.9% of people who support teams not at arsenals level.

Faraway hills etc...

Would I rather support Leicester? Would I fuq

I dont care about supporters of other teams

You can't win everything. You have to take the good with the bad.

Arsenal have had very little bad

The point is you're not useless. You're generally the polar opposite to it. Get over yourself

You can't win everything. You have to take the good with the bad.

Arsenal have had very little bad
    Woah what good have we had?Before you answer remember we are Arsenal.
    The point is you're not useless. You're generally the polar opposite to it. Get over yourself
    I may have been wrong saying useless and winning or drawing,playing poorly and winning or drawing is most likely more specfic...
    Still doesnt change we won nothing yet....and get over yourself.

• Advertisement

Faraway hills etc...

Would I rather support Leicester? Would I fuq

No one is suggesting you do. :confused:

If we won the league of course it would be good enough, of course we wouldnt complain....Why would we? :confused: We would be league champions, best team in the land over 38 games.

But we havent done this since 2004 and we blew a great chance last season. Leicester were excellent tbf last season but they weren't out of this world and some of our lads effectively gave up when it was in the melting pot. Granted other teams had their issues, but surely that was more reason for us to seize the initiative?

Why must you always respond with these ludicrous assumptions?? :confused:

We've spent a bit on players since 2013 now so its high time we upped the ante and really pushed on. We dont want to be also rans any longer. Hell if we pushed the issue as good as we could then fair enough but last year, in March we downed tools. It was embarrassing.

Woah what good have we had?Before you answer remember we are Arsenal.

I may have been wrong saying useless and winning or drawing,playing poorly and winning or drawing is most likely more specfic...
    Still doesnt change we won nothing yet....and get over yourself.

Nobody has won anything yet? It's December.
    Dunno what I have to get over, I'm not making over the top statements. I support an average team with an average history who would kill for a tenth of the success arsenal have had in the last 5 years let alone longer then that. When you hear fans of the top sides throwing their toys out of the pram without a shred of perspective it just seems odd. Especially the day after a result like that.

Absolutely you should all expect better than what the last few years has given but the constant lines (you hear it in other threads too) of how certain players aren't premier league standard, they're ****e, manager is ****e, performances are embarrassing, the team is crap are ridiculous at times. You swear you were Sunderland or someone genuinely crap.
    You can expect better and criticise what you see without lazy, over the top reactions. I understand them at Match times (been there myself) but surely when all have calmed down the discussion can be more measured?

Nobody has won anything yet? It's December.
    Dunno what I have to get over, I'm not making over the top statements. I support an average team with an average history who would kill for a tenth of the success arsenal have had in the last 5 years let alone longer then that. When you hear fans of the top sides throwing their toys out of the pram without a shred of perspective it just seems odd. Especially the day after a result like that.

What exactly is over the top...not getting over excited beating west ham in december?...waiting to see if we actuallly challenge for the league before creaming ourselves.
    Ive followed Arsenal when we were an average team finishing mid table..we are not any more,we have got the most expensive tickets,one of the biggest stadiums,loads of money but still just hang on for poxy CL qually and have gone no further in 10 years,

No one is suggesting you do. :confused:

If we won the league of course it would be good enough, of course we wouldnt complain....Why would we? :confused: We would be league champions, best team in the land over 38 games.

But we havent done this since 2004 and we blew a great chance last season. Leicester were excellent tbf last season but they weren't out of this world and some of our lads effectively gave up when it was in the melting pot. Granted other teams had their issues, but surely that was more reason for us to seize the initiative?

Why must you always respond with these ludicrous assumptions?? :confused:

They are not ludicrous assumptions they are extensions of people's arguments

Do you want stability and relative success of do a Leicester and win the league as a one off? You can't have both

They are not ludicrous assumptions they are extensions of people's arguments

Do you want stability and relative success of do a Leicester and win the league as a one off? You can't have both

Whats your definition of relative success?

What exactly is over the top...not getting over excited beating west ham in december?...waiting to see if we actuallly challenge for the league before creaming ourselves.
    Ive followed Arsenal when we were an average team finishing mid table..we are not any more,we have got the most expensive tickets,one of the biggest stadiums,loads of money but still just hang on for poxy CL qually and have gone no further in 10 years,

We won the FA Cup back to back. The stadium is far from the biggest. Arsenal have reduced priced tickets too. People use the expensive ticket thing as a stick to beat Arsenal with. We are much further on than we were 10 years ago

Whats your definition of relative success?

Winning the FA Cup back to back, finishing 4,3 then 2nd in last 3 seasons

Over the top is this inability to acknowledge the positives and the exaggeration of the negatives. You're second having only lost once and behind a team on a run of form where it's nearly impossible to keep the pace with. You're through in the champions league again and have a forward in form like you haven't had a forward in for years. Take some enjoyment from it. If you live waiting for some inevitable crash then what's the point? As I said 99.9% of people would kill to be where you are right now.
    Have a go at them when and if the time comes. Now is really not one of those times.

We won the FA Cup back to back.The stadium is far from the biggest Arsenal have reduced priced tickets too. People use the expensive ticket thing as a stick to beat Arsenal with. We are much further on than we were 10 years ago

Premier League stadium capacity
    Club Stadium Capacity
    Manchester United Old Trafford 75,653
    Arsenal Emirates Stadium 60,260
    West Ham NEW Olympic Stadium 60,000
    Manchester City Etihad Stadium 55,097

Premier League season ticket prices

Team 15/16 16/17 Change
    Arsenal £1,014 £1,014
    Tottenham £765 £765
    Chelsea £750 £750
    Liverpool £710 £685 -£25
    Southampton £648 £648
    Everton £616 £580 -£36
    Middlesbrough £461 £570 +£109
    Bournemouth £550 £550
    Crystal Palace £550 £550
    Man Utd £532 £532
    Watford £505 £505
    Swansea £419 £419
    West Brom £399 £399
    Leicester £395 £395
    Burnley £390 £390
    Sunderland £370 £380 +£10
    Hull City £606 £324 -£282
    Man City £299 £299

• Advertisement

The last time Arsenal finished mid table was 22 years ago.

The last time Arsenal finished mid table was 24 years ago.

And???

Premier League stadium capacity
    Club Stadium Capacity
    Manchester United Old Trafford 75,653
    Arsenal Emirates Stadium 60,260
    West Ham NEW Olympic Stadium 60,000
    Manchester City Etihad Stadium 55,097

Premier League season ticket prices

Team 15/16 16/17 Change
    Arsenal £1,014 £1,014
    Tottenham £765 £765
    Chelsea £750 £750
    Liverpool £710 £685 -£25
    Southampton £648 £648
    Everton £616 £580 -£36
    Middlesbrough £461 £570 +£109
    Bournemouth £550 £550
    Crystal Palace £550 £550
    Man Utd £532 £532
    Watford £505 £505
    Swansea £419 £419
    West Brom £399 £399
    Leicester £395 £395
    Burnley £390 £390
    Sunderland £370 £380 +£10
    Hull City £606 £324 -£282
    Man City £299 £299

I thought there was more than 1 bigger...

That is the most expensive season ticket tbf given the size of the brand new stadium and the location, are you surprised?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

The last time Arsenal finished mid table was 24 years ago.

94/95 season so 22 years, still remember it like it was yesterday. Stewart Houston caretaker manager! We were genuinely in disarray that season. Think we were six points off relegation.

And???

Was that when you supported an "average" Arsenal side - that won the cup double

Over the top is this inability to acknowledge the positives and the exaggeration of the negatives. You're second having only lost once and behind a team on a run of form where it's nearly impossible to keep the pace with. You're through in the champions league again and have a forward in form like you haven't had a forward in for years. Take some enjoyment from it. If you live waiting for some inevitable crash then what's the point? As I said 99.9% of people would kill to be where you are right now.
    Have a go at them when and if the time comes. Now is really not one of those times.

Your dead right,but I havent disregarded any positives or exaggerated negatives.I know what weve done so far and I know who we have playing for us.
    I dont live for an inevitable crash,what a ridiculous thing to say.
    I live for a triumphant victory.
    Like I said I dont care about 99.9% of the others,I care about Arsenal full stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Not to mention that London is a world class city with plenty of stuff to do before and after the game.

No neutrals or tourists are going to plan a weekend away to Manchester or Hull, but you can bet your ass they'll plan a weekend around an Arsenal game, us being the top club in the area by a significant margin, in one of the best cities in the world - ergo our tickets are in higher demand and more expensive.

I thought there was more than 1 bigger...

That is the most expensive season ticket tbf given the size of the brand new stadium and the location, are you surprised?

Tbf haha I thought there was more than 1 till i checked

94/95 season so 22 years, still remember it like it was yesterday. Stewart Houston caretaker manager! We were genuinely in disarray that season. Think we were six points off relegation.

Yes. Our manager had been sacked for taking bungs... the club was in turmoil

Unlucky not to retain Cup Winners Cup though - damn you Nayim

• Advertisement

Was that when you supported an "average" Arsenal side - that won the cup double

That 1 year whats your point?

Tbf haha I thought there was more than 1 till i checked

Villa and Newcastle both relegated - -are they bigger

That 1 year whats your point?

When were Arsenal a mid table side for a prolonged period???

Villa and Newcastle both relegated - -are they bigger

1 Wembley Stadium London 90,000 [2] England national football team National Stadium N/A
    2 Old Trafford Manchester 75,653 [3] Manchester United Premier League 1
    3 Emirates Stadium London 60,260 [4] Arsenal Premier League 2 Also known as Ashburton Grove.
    4 Olympic Stadium London 60,000 [5] West Ham United Premier League 3 Also known as the London Stadium.
    5 City of Manchester Stadium Manchester 55,097 [6] Manchester City Premier League 4 Commercially known as the Etihad Stadium. Also known as CoMS and Eastlands.
    6 Anfield Liverpool 54,074 [7] Liverpool Premier League 5
    7 St James' Park Newcastle upon Tyne 52,338 [8] Newcastle United Championship 1
    8 Stadium of Light Sunderland 48,707 [9] Sunderland Premier League 6
    9 Villa Park Birmingham 42,660 [10] Aston Villa Championship 2
    10 Stamford Bridge London 41,798 [11] Chelsea Premier League 7
    11 Hillsborough Stadium Sheffield 39,732 [1

Great our stadium is huge! And it's sold out most weeks- but people must be hiding

When were Arsenal a mid table side for a prolonged period???

The 70s 80s part of the 90s we never competed

• Advertisement

Great our stadium is huge! And it's sold out most weeks- but people must be hiding

So we got the 3rd biggest stadium,but no major titles in over 10yrs??

The 70s 80s part of the 90s we never competed

we won the league at both ends of the nineties to leave out odd years is splitting hairs.

70's won the double and the the FA cup in 79

The 80's were less successful, until Michael Thomas popped up! :D:P

The 60's were bare, but I didnt exist!

The most successful English club haven't won the league in 25 years tbf!

The most successful English club haven't won the league in 25 years tbf!

Whos that?...I dont care about MU or Lpool

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement