Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Taking a flight today at about half time. Expecting everything to be looking rosy when we take off only to discover that PSG have scored in the last minute to finish top

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

There's no realistic way we're going to top this group. PSG aint dropping points at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

keano_afc wrote: »
    There's no realistic way we're going to top this group. PSG aint dropping points at home.

"There's no way Leicester can win the league"

I agree it's not likely, but definitely possible and a win away to PSG to top the group would do this team wonders. We have nothing to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

keano_afc wrote: »

anyone remember when this bunch of Bulgarians headed to Paris...?

Although I really don't think that will be happening again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

We can keep our fingers crossed that Cavani plays. That might be our best hope. :P

• Advertisement

The expectation is that Arsene will start the game at full strength. Wholesale changes to be made once it becomes obvious that PSG have qualified in first place. Might be better to be put out of our misery early rather than leaving it till the the last minute.

greendom wrote: »
    The expectation is that Arsene will start the game at full strength. Wholesale changes to be made once it becomes obvious that PSG have qualified in first place. Might be better to be put out of our misery early rather than leaving it till the the last minute.

If that's the case why not just start with a **** team? We should be going for this tonight. As I said nothing to lose. It's not like PSG are miles ahead of us as far as talent goes.

If that's the case why not just start with a **** team? We should be going for this tonight. As I said nothing to lose. It's not like PSG are miles ahead of us as far as talent goes.

Because he wants to finish first. He will make changes once it becomes impossible to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

But you aren't playing PSG, and PSG are far ahead of Ludogarets

But you aren't playing PSG, and PSG are far ahead of Ludogarets

Correct, this is how out of touch I am, I thought we were playing PSG :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Alexis, Ozil, Lucas, Holding, Xhaka, Iwobi all start according to Arseblog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Arsenal XI vs. Basel: Ospina; Gabriel, Holding, Koscielny, Gibbs; Xhaka, Ramsey; Iwobi, Ozil, Perez; Sanchez

Interesting to see how Xhaka & Ramsey get on in midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

What channel is the yoke with AC Jimbo on?

Don't care what Gerrard or Rio (or Wrighty, to be honest) have to say about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    What channel is the yoke with AC Jimbo on?

Don't care what Gerrard or Rio (or Wrighty, to be honest) have to say about this.

AC Jimbo???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I would have rested Ozil and Sanchez tonight tbh, it's effectively a meaningless game. Hopefully they get taken off if PSG are winning. We have a lot of games coming up and this is the least important one of them all. Finishing first or second this season is much of a muchness. Tough draws on either side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Arsenal XI vs. Basel: Ospina; Gabriel, Holding, Koscielny, Gibbs; Xhaka, Ramsey; Iwobi, Ozil, Perez; Sanchez

Interesting to see how Xhaka & Ramsey get on in midfield

Thats 6 of the team that started against Southampton last week, will be interesting to see the difference tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

mansize wrote: »
    AC Jimbo???

James Richardson.

I think this one was a tough one for Wenger. Put out a weaker side, bossibly get beat, and PSG lose by a weird coincidence. Everyone would go mental.

Put out the strongest team, go for a win, but I don't think there's any chance of Ludogrets getting anything tonight.

Nice goal Perez. Too easy.

Great work! Perez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Good play by Gibbs, delighted for Perez opening his CL account.

What a save, Ospina looking sharp as ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Holding is very good on the ball.

Ludedgetes ahead!!!

Another for Perez. Gibbs involved again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

The Gibbs-Lucas axis is real :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

It's not happening lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Do we finally have the poacher we need?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Ludedgetes ahead!!!

sssh'hhhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

omega man wrote: »
    It's not happening lads

No expectations here whatsoever. PSG will win. I'll enjoy our match regardless, unless it all goes to pot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

We'd probably draw a bigger team if we won group anyway.....very arsenal

omega man wrote: »
    We'd probably draw a bigger team if we won group anyway.....very arsenal

You know it- PSG always tease anyway

Terrible decision by the lino

I'm watching the live goals channel

Iwobi hasn't been up to much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Perez is the fox in the box Francis Jeffers promised he'd be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Gibbs playing very well, he's being left with a lot to do by Iwobi and coping well. Just needs to avoid a red. Great to see players like himself and Perez putting pressure on for first team positions

domrush wrote: »
    Gibbs playing very well, he's being left with a lot to do by Iwobi and coping well. Just needs to avoid a red. Great to see players like himself and Perez putting pressure on for first team positions

There's a big gulf between him and Nacho tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Yes, I know it's Basel, in a nothing game for them (relatively)... So all that tempering aside, I'm absolutely loving the movement between Ozil, Sanchez and Perez. It's mesmeric!

There's a big gulf between him and Nacho tbf

He's not at the same level I agree but I think this season the gulf isn't as big as people make out. Gibbs has been pretty good in every game I've seen him play this year.

• Advertisement

He's not at the same level I agree but I think this season the gulf isn't as big as people make out. Gibbs has been pretty good in every game I've seen him play this year.

Yup, and last weekend was Monreal's first decent one in ages.

His defensive weakness have been exposed too, I'd play him as a left winger where necessary

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yup, and last weekend was Monreal's first decent one in ages.

Monreal does an awful lot with 0% support in front of him

Rio winging it as a punter I hear...

emmetlego wrote: »
    Yes, I know it's Basel, in a nothing game for them (relatively)... So all that tempering aside, I'm absolutely loving the movement between Ozil, Sanchez and Perez. It's mesmeric!

Aren't Basel trying to get into Europa? I thought they were miles ahead in their league as well, so pretty big game.

Hat trick Perez.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Good man Lucas. Not bad going for your first full game back!

Perez joins luminaries such like Lord Bendtner with a UCL hat trick

Monreal does an awful lot with 0% support in front of him

He is also suspect one on one. I genuinely fear when he has to make a tackle in the box.

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Well done Gibbs, a much superior player to what many consider him.

His defensive weakness have been exposed too, I'd play him as a left winger where necessary

Been solid today, he's also had to make up for Iwobi's poor defensive disclipline, Monreal had a few ****e days in the league this year working with Iwobi too, penalties etc.

Gibbs just won the ball back there to set up the third goal too. Anyway not disagreeing with you mansize I'd play Monreal first choice too

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement