Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

domrush wrote: »
    jesus Ludo almost conceded a third time at the end there.

Most likely candidates for the last 16:
    Benfica
    Bayern
    Leverkusen
    Borussa (Think real will get a result against them tomoro)
    Porto
    Sevilla

No easy games there really but still great to top the group

Don't give a shiiiiite as long as it ain't Messi and that shower again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

How crucial were those last 10 minutes against PSG at home

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Don't give a shiiiiite as long as it ain't Messi and that shower again.

Wouldnt fancy Atleti. Id take Bayern over them. They are a very very dogged team. City beat Barca at home and i think we are as good as City but winning the tie over two legs is a different story.

Wouldnt fancy Atleti. Id take Bayern over them. They are a very very dogged team. City beat Barca at home and i think we are as good as City but winning the tie over two legs is a different story.

There are several very good teams, several would be really tough.

I'm just sick of it being THEM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Highlights starting shortly on tv3 for anyone who missed tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Was just about to stream the last 5 mins of the PSG match when the Internet went down. Seriously bad timing. Anyone else on here on Virgin Media?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Is 14 points the most we've finished in the group stage..in like a LONG time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Missed the last 2 games (was in Amsterdam for the West Ham game and anniversary tonight). Maybe I need to just stop watching us, 9 goals scored 1 against! Delighted with both results obviously. Hope there were no injuries tonight. Will be catching the highlights on TV3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Good few days as a Gooner lads. A nice multi goal win and a hat-trick last weekend, followed by the same tonight, and Ludo doing us a big favour... A small smile as I go into work tomorrow to the Sp**s c*** that is forever rubbing me up the wrong way.

City and Pool reversals last weekend too.

2nd in the table behind a team who haven't hit their rough spot yet. AFTER NOVEMBER!

I'll sleep well tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

jamescd wrote: »
    Was just about to stream the last 5 mins of the PSG match when the Internet went down. Seriously bad timing. Anyone else on here on Virgin Media?

yep, with them 6 weeks! 3 faults already...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

I've Virgin media too,an awful service,constant dropping off.
    Even the t.v lags like a bloody dodgy stream

Great results,top the group.
    AW better be reminding them about the Monaco debacle if we get an easier draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

First time since 05/06 we've not been beaten in the group. Remember that year in the CL? :cool:

First time since 05/06 we've not been beaten in the group. Remember that year in the CL? :cool:

I love a good omen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

gitzy16v wrote: »
    I love a good omen

DAMIEN 666 was a good Omen, but i didn't like him #sphincterloosener

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Good game

mansize wrote: »
    yep, with them 6 weeks! 3 faults already...

DNS servers seem to be down nationwide. Switch it 8.8.8.8 and it should work. Worked for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,424 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Just saw the goals on TV 3.
    Very good performance.
    Good hat-trick by Perez.

Now for Stoke at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Yea we won **** all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Perez has an intelligence that we have lacked in a natural front man in a long time. He has that knack of being in the right place at the right time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Lazy enough analysis by Kerr, No mention of Perez being out injured for the last while and belittling his goalscoring record despite the fact he hasnt been a striker all his career

wonga77 wrote: »
    Lazy enough analysis by Kerr, No mention of Perez being out injured for the last while and belittling his goalscoring record despite the fact he hasnt been a striker all his career

Saw that too.
    Kerr,a clown of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,424 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Perez has an intelligence that we have lacked in a natural front man in a long time. He has that knack of being in the right place at the right time.

I'm going to reserve judgement on Perez for a little longer.
    I'd like to see him get a run of games and hopefully he becomes the sniper we needed. He seemed to have the knack of being in the right place tonight as you say.

DNS servers seem to be down nationwide. Switch it 8.8.8.8 and it should work. Worked for me anyway.

my xbmc was working fine till nephew reset the modem, he got a bolocking

I'd like to see him get a run of games and hopefully he becomes the sniper we needed. He seemed to have the knack of being in the right place tonight as you say.

Agreed, one swallow and all that...

• Advertisement

Saw that too.

Brian Kerr is a hero. What a glorious man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

wonga77 wrote: »

Thought it was actually very good, they weren't pointing that stuff out on BT.
    Him coming back from injury has nothing to do with it.

Saw that too.

Brian Kerr is a legend of the highest order.

Great man.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Great to Top the group for the first time in what 5 or 6 years ?
    Very impressed with Gibbs and Perez but like others said would like to see him in a run of games consistency is key I'd imagine he's well capable of putting Walcott or an inform ATM Chamberlain out of the team,leaving the other wing with Walcott and Chambo fighting for there place which I think is when both are most effective once you give either benefit of the doubt there form tends to drop. Don't understand wenger not resting alexis tonight even tough we now have other options Giroud,Perez,Walcott and Welbeck back training we simply will not win the premiership without Sanchez.

Bellerin due to return soon and with the way things are shaping up other then Cazorlas injury I'm confident going into Christmas and the new year, other then that Liverpool game the open day we are since unbeaten in the league and second and have topped the cl group with Sanchez top scorer in Orem def would have took that this summer if someone said it to me. Hopefully they can keep up momentum and a win against City will stamp down a huge statement.
    Oh and please just give Sanchez and Özil 250k plus a week and get there contracts sorted.
    Coyg exciting times ahead please let this finally be our year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lucas with more goals in the champions league than Spurs in there whole campaign lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

That must have been Gibbs best game in an Arsenal shirt :eek: Stats below!

Player|League Goals|Total Goals|League Assists|Total Assists
    Sanchez|11|13|4|7
    Walcott|6|9|2|2
    Ozil|4|8|2|5
    Oxlade Chamberlain|2|6|3|5
    Giroud|3|5|1|2
    Perez|0|5|0|3
    Xhaka|1|3|0|0
    Cazorla|2|2|2|3
    Koscielny|2|2|0|0
    Own Goal|1|2|0|0
    Chambers|1|1|0|0
    Iwobi|0|1|3|3
    Ramsey|0|0|1|2
    Elneny|0|0|1|2
    Bellerin|0|0|1|1
    Gibbs|0|0|1|2
    Akpom|0|0|0|1
    Monreal|0|0|1|1
    Mustafi|0|0|1|1

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Brian Kerr is a legend of the highest order.

Great man.

Maybe I was harsh,a clown of a pundit.
    Legend?you gotta be kidding me.

That must have been Gibbs best game in an Arsenal shirt :eek: Stats below!

Player|League Goals|Total Goals|League Assists|Total Assists
    Sanchez|11|13|4|7
    Walcott|6|9|2|2
    Ozil|4|8|2|5
    Oxlade Chamberlain|2|6|3|5
    Giroud|3|5|1|2
    Perez|0|5|0|3
    Xhaka|1|3|0|0
    Cazorla|2|2|2|3
    Koscielny|2|2|0|0
    Own Goal|1|2|0|0
    Chambers|1|1|0|0
    Iwobi|0|1|3|3
    Ramsey|0|0|1|2
    Elneny|0|0|1|2
    Bellerin|0|0|1|1
    Gibbs|0|0|1|2
    Akpom|0|0|0|1
    Monreal|0|0|1|1
    Mustafi|0|0|1|1

Do saved shots not count as an assist? I always thought they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Just landed and wow!

Anyone got link to highlights

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Shame about Holding's misplaced pass which led to their goal as apart from that he was outstanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I missed the game.

Couple of questions:

How did Iwobi, Perez, Alexis, Ozil work? Was Alexis the striker? Should Theo be worried?

How did Ram/Xhaka work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,666 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Maybe I was harsh,a clown of a pundit.
    Legend?you gotta be kidding me.

Allow me to also join the Brian Kerr love fest.

The man is one of the greatest football men this country has ever produced and a true gent. He might have been wrong about Perez tonight, but I never tire of listening to Brian Kerr talk football. It's the first time I've ever heard him get something wrong.

If Kerr is a clown, then the rest of them must be the donkeys who couldn't even join the circus.

greendom wrote: »
    Shame about Holding's misplaced pass which led to their goal as apart from that he was outstanding.

That's actually something he's done on more than one occasion. Eliminate that from his play and he would be seriously solid.

• Advertisement

This is pretty cool. 33 passes for the second Perez goal, most for any goal in the Champion's League this season. As far as I can see, the only player not involved was Gabriel.

_92860744_perezsecondgoal.jpg

A good time to be an Arsenal fan 🤗

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Great game last night, my love for Özil and Sanchez grew even more, they make it look so easy and are really so far ahead of the others. Holding did well but was at fault for their goal (which was well worked goal I must say).
    Got to meet Martin Keown for 2mins in the lounge, my first talk with an Invincible :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭DvB

All i know is, the more I see them, the more I hope the club get the finger out & sort out Ozils & Sanchez' contracts... it would be criminal to let them leave at this stage, they're world class & not easily replaceable...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Fair enough, but he has scored 5 goals in what, 3-4 starts? while Jamie Vardy has got 3 in 19.

Very early days but looks like a useful signing as back-up. Hopefully, Sanchez, Giroud and Walcott stay fit and on form and we never have to find out how good Perez is or isn't.

Talk about bearing a grudge !

Apparently Liverpool have set a release clause of 82 million on Firminho, but it doesn't apply to Arsenal !

I couldn't see us ever wanting him anyway and certainly not for 82 million or even 82 million and a pound !

greendom wrote: »
    Talk about bearing a grudge !

Apparently Liverpool have set a release clause of 82 million on Firminho, but it doesn't apply to Arsenal !

I couldn't see us ever wanting him anyway and certainly not for 82 million or even 82 million and a pound !

Yeah well Lucas Perez has an 83m clause and Liverpool can't buy him. So there. :cool:

Great stat from this match report
    Despite the travails of last month, when their attacking rhythm was frequently more staccato than fluent, Arsenal have averaged 2.48 goals per game in all competitions. That is the club’s highest scoring ratio since 1934-35.

(yes that was over an entire season, but still impressive nonetheless)

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/lucas-perez-sparkles-for-arsene-wenger-as-arsenal-s-old-striking-issue-dissipates-in-the-champions-a3414356.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Do saved shots not count as an assist? I always thought they did.

For Fantasy Premier League but dont think so outside of that. Open to correction though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

any good exchange website etc. to buy Arsenal tickets from? Few of us want to go to the Burnley match in January. The tickets forum here isn't very active, and same goes for Toutless.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement