Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Come on Real!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

A PSG sucker-punch!!! We took the bait!

We're getting Real aren't we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

mansize wrote: »
    Better them than Dortmund IMO.

Often it's hard to see how bad the team was or how good the opposition were, but Real gave the ball away very cheaply tonight on too many occasions, often under no pressure. Are they all that this year? I'm not convinced, but to answer you, yes, I feel it's destiny to meet them!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

We can take Madrid,just need the right attitude.
    Draw on Friday morning Yeh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

gitzy16v wrote: »
    We can take Madrid,just need the right attitude.
    Draw on Friday morning Yeh?

I think the draw is on Monday evening at some stage. I don't care who we get tbh, would be nice to avoid Bayern though seeing how we have played them so many times over the years. If you want to win the competition you will have to beat the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Nah, we've already got a date booked with Bayern.

If you want to win the competition you will have to beat the best.

This I would normally agree with, but it's in the thick of a premier league run-in and we would want less high stake games as possible until March-April-May. Avoid the big guns as long as possible would be my thinking.

emmetlego wrote: »
    A PSG sucker-punch!!! We took the bait!

I doubt that. Sure we have a 50/50 chance of getting a favourable draw now. Had we came second we were getting a real top team come hell or high water.

• Advertisement

I think the draw is on Monday evening at some stage. I don't care who we get tbh, would be nice to avoid Bayern though seeing how we have played them so many times over the years. If you want to win the competition you will have to beat the best.

If Bayern and Real are only coming second then it shows they are mortal at the very least. We've nothing to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think the important part regardless of the opposition is going away from home in the 1st leg we always do well away unless it's the bloody nou camp that's a massive advantage imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Eden Hazard v Alexis

Who's better according to Rio Ferdinand...

http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/06/eden-hazard-or-alexis-sanchez-rio-ferdinand-decides-who-is-better-out-of-the-arsenal-and-chelsea-stars-6303962/

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Apologies for a metro article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭smilerf

Eden Hazard v Alexis

Who's better according to Rio Ferdinand...

http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/06/eden-hazard-or-alexis-sanchez-rio-ferdinand-decides-who-is-better-out-of-the-arsenal-and-chelsea-stars-6303962/

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I commented on that a few days ago
    He hates arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

smilerf wrote: »
    He hates arsenal

and he's clueless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Happy that we're playing the 2nd game at home since we topped the group so i say bring on anyone ;)

smilerf wrote: »
    He hates arsenal

Ripping we won the league when he was suspended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Come on lads. Are any of you trying to pretend that Hazard isn't a brilliant player? I'd say he is comfortably Chelsea's best player.

Rio may be a complete moron, but he isn't saying anything outrageous here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ripping we won the league when he was suspended

For "missing a drugs test"

That's PFAspeak for a failed drugs test imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Kirby wrote: »
    Come on lads. Are any of you trying to pretend that Hazard isn't a brilliant player? I'd say he is comfortably Chelsea's best player.

Think Hazard is brilliant. Can't fault the guy.

oh to have him on Arsenal left flank :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Kirby wrote: »

Rio may be a complete moron, but he isn't saying anything outrageous here.

he's brilliant but I'd rather Sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

I've splurged on the kids this Christmas...but when asked what Santa is bringing my young fella only seems to want tickets to go see arsenal!!!

Must be doing something right I guess!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Lads
    Our first choice striker is top scorer in the league,
    our second choice has 5 goals in 12 appearances coming off the bench
    our third choice has 5 goals in 7 appearances and has only been at the club 3 months.

All three have racked up substantial amount of assists as well.

How long has it been since we've had this kind of firepower up top? Exciting times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

domrush wrote: »
    Lads
    Our first choice striker is top scorer in the league,
    our second choice has 5 goals in 12 appearances coming off the bench
    our third choice has 5 goals in 7 appearances and has only been at the club 3 months.

All three have racked up substantial amount of assists as well.

How long has it been since we've had this kind of firepower up top? Exciting times

Yeah, also we've hopefully come through a period of tough games and poor enough play without losing a match (not counting league cup).

In pervious seasons, not a whole lot would be different IMO except we'd be 4th/5th in the league and second in the CL by now.

I'm not sure if it'all be enough to win anything but we're a lot more resilient.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Hey all, quick question.

Won tickets to the Palace game on new years, the organiser has booked the flight home at 9pm from Gatwick. With kick-off at 4pm, do ya think it's doable to get to the airport by about 8ish? I'm thinking the nearest underground to Victoria, and then the Gatwick express from there.

Never been to Emirates (or gone through Gatwick), so not sure myself as it seems very tight (especially for a derby game on new years). Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

When i go to a 15.00 game on a saturday, i normally get a flight about 20.15 which i get to in loads of time whether its from standsted or heathrow.

dunno how much this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

newbie2 wrote: »
    When i go to a 15.00 game on a saturday, i normally get a flight about 20.15 which i get to in loads of time whether its from standsted or heathrow.

dunno how much this helps.

Cheers, it seems the travel time is roughly the same from the stadium to any of the airports (according to google), so that's re-assuring. Less worried about it now, thanks :)

Burnley game KO at 1.30 on Sunday 22/1 - how likely is the time to change? It'd be a bummer to book flights for 7pm and hen find the KO moved to 4pm!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Burnley game KO at 1.30 on Sunday 22/1 - how likely is the time to change? It'd be a bummer to book flights for 7pm and hen find the KO moved to 4pm!!

It's a 2.15 kickoff and on Sky so unlikely to change

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

They changed it to 2.15 KO, I'm on the 6.30 flight back from stanatead. Is this cutting it fine?

Might book the 10.30 too as contingency as they are cheap at the mo if people feel it's tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

dibs101 wrote: »
    They changed it to 2.15 KO, I'm on the 6.30 flight back from stanatead. Is this cutting it fine?

Might book the 10.30 too as contingency as they are cheap at the mo if people feel it's tight.

You'll get out of the ground around 4.10/4.15. It a half hour on the train to Stanstead. Thats not taking into account any queues or delays. 6.30 would be very tight id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

callaway92 wrote: »
    any good exchange website etc. to buy Arsenal tickets from? Few of us want to go to the Burnley match in January. The tickets forum here isn't very active, and same goes for Toutless.

Thanks

Bump.

anyone?

dibs101 wrote: »

6.30 is too early

wawaman wrote: »
    You'll get out of the ground around 4.10/4.15. It a half hour on the train to Stanstead. Thats not taking into account any queues or delays. 6.30 would be very tight id say

You have to get to Kings Cross as well it's 45 mins by train to Stansted not 30 and they go every 15 min

Far too close

• Advertisement

36 minutes from Tottenham Hale but that's not straightforward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Standsted express not running that day folks - bus only
    Saturday 21 - Sunday 22 January 2017

Due to engineering work buses replace trains between Stansted Airport and Liverpool Street.

Customers travelling to/from Tottenham Hale and to/from Stratford should travel via Liverpool Street.

Stansted Express services will be replaced by a non-stop road replacement service (bus) between Stansted Airport and Liverpool Street. This service will NOT stop at Tottenham Hale.

From Stansted Airport:
    The direct bus service from Stansted Airport to London Liverpool Street will depart every 15 minutes.

Bus Location at Stansted Airport:
    Buses are located on Level "0" (Coach Station) from the terminal and will be located in bays 4-9.

From London Liverpool Street:
    The direct bus service from London Liverpool Street to Stansted Airport will depart every 15 minutes. The location of the buses is within the roadway accessed from platform 10 within the station.

If you have an queries when arriving at each location, please speak to a member of our team who will be happy to help you.

one of the reasons I'm gonna go through Heathrow and take the hit - better flight times and handier IMO

newbie2 wrote: »
    Standsted express not running that day folks - bus only

one of the reasons I'm gonna go through Heathrow and take the hit - better flight times and handier IMO

I've booked gatwick - return flight is 7.35pm so if I get out there promptly should be able to celebrate 3 points with a beer or two!

I've booked gatwick - return flight is 7.35pm so if I get out there promptly should be able to celebrate 3 points with a beer or two!

Get out a few min before the crowd get to Victoria onward to Gatwick

Get out a few min before the crowd get to kings cross onward to Gatwick

Always worth looking at times out of Luton.

• Advertisement

Get out a few min before the crowd get to kings cross onward to Gatwick

greendom wrote: »

The connections not as good tbf

The connections not as good tbf
    40 mins into St Pancras

40 mins into St Pancras

Good to know

Stn have the most departures to DUB

Will be watching Munster so will follow game here and Twitter

Back to the starting line-up against West Ham. Bellerin on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Was hoping for Perez on the right, hope Walcott bucks up. Been poor for a few matches now

Was hoping for Perez on the right, hope Walcott bucks up. Been poor for a few matches now

he's needs a good performance. Lots who can replace him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Is the game on any foreign channel?

Is the game on any foreign channel?

6NVefah.png

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement