Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

In the most unsurprising news of the weekend, this went unnoticed on MoTD:

https://streamable.com/m3ab

The hilarious thing is, if he hadnt broken stride to be a thug, he probably stops Iwobi scoring.

There is an improvement granted but things looked good at Christmas last season too. There is still the few woeful individual performances rearing their ugly head here and there and we tend to start slow. Ill reserve my optimism for the business end of the season.

I suppose the one positive is that we dont really need to buy in January this season barring a huge injury crisis

I think 5 points in the next 4 matches will have us equal with halfway through last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

keano_afc wrote: »
    In the most unsurprising news of the weekend, this went unnoticed on MoTD:

https://streamable.com/m3ab

The hilarious thing is, if he hadnt broken stride to be a thug, he probably stops Iwobi scoring.

Yep. Noticed motd failed to deal with it just like ref. They did feature the xhaka elbow though!!!

Assume the FA won't take any action either.

Best way to deal with it was for iwobi to do what he did ie put the game beyond them with a really wel taken goal. Coyg!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Yep. Noticed motd failed to deal with it just like ref. They did feature the xhaka elbow though!!!

Assume the FA won't take any action either.

Best way to deal with it was for iwobi to do what he did ie put the game beyond them with a really wel taken goal. Coyg!!!

Hate to see that - a deliberate attempt to harm another player. No surprise at all that Adam was the culprit. He IS that type of player. He's a BBC employee now so presumably they decided to brush it under the carpet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Just adding a bit more content to my post game stats. I might knock it into a table in future if I reckon it's a bit too wordy:

[font=arial, sans, sans-serif]Arsenal now have 8 more points than the corresponding fixtures last season. If they can match the remaining results from last season, they will finish on 79 points. This season they have scored 3 or more goals in 9 games and won 4 games by 3 or more goals. Last season they scored 3 or more goals in 9 games and won 6 games by 3 or more goals.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Heading to the match in Goodison tomorrow, sitting in the Upper Balcony so I will have to try hide my delight if we come out with a win. I'll just wear my Arsenal underpants and nobody will be any the wiser.

Can't see anything but an Arsenal win, Everton have been shockingly bad lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

No real!

It was always gonna be Bayern, lets face it.

I'll try to get to second leg match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

typical draw hahah bayern it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Well that was to be expected. I think we can turn them over this year though and hopefully gain confidence in doing so to bring us through the rest of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ah well,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

That is fúcking ridiculous. You just know they'll have their shít together by February too.

Fúck it, I think I'll go to it. Have never been to a Champions League game, seems like a good place to start.

Looking forward to screaming at the tv as Lewandowski the diving cheat hits the floor time and time again.

Tough draw - we can do it this time though!

• Advertisement

Stuck my name down for a ticket! With 6 Nations on, midweek games are logistically better lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Lol where screwed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Ah I'm bored of playing Bayern, every year it seems. Would have rathered Real Madrid or someone like that to mix it up. We will be up against it alright, but a lot can change from now till February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

We beat these at home last year, right?

I'm having this. We can defo take them (as long as we turn up).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I kinda wanted Real tbh

We'll lose the first leg 3-1 as per usual, then win the second leg 2-0.

This time though, that works :pac:

• Advertisement

Flights booked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ah well we are going to have to play the big boys at some stage in the Champions League. I'm sure they are pretty worried about playing us as well :D

Will Cazorla be back in contention for those matches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

mansize wrote: »
    We're getting Real aren't we?
    jamescd wrote: »
    Nah, we've already got a date booked with Bayern.

Told ya ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Well there's a lot suggesting things may be different this year. At least we'll get to find out for sure.

Ticket got.

And I'm going to the rugby in Paris for my birthday! I get the best presents (from myself! 😂 )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I want some revenge on these boyos.

Bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

gosplan wrote: »
    Well there's a lot suggesting things may be different this year. At least we'll get to find out for sure.
    There is a different 'feel' about us this year, but then again I think we've all experienced the false hope and false dawns of recent years! I'm not getting my hopes up yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I still value the league ahead of all other competitions. I want us to win it.

Having said that I would love to knock Bayren Munich out of the CL.
    How we approach the away leg is vital. We must not lose imo. We must approach the away leg with a positive mental attitude and a proper game plan.

Yeah it would be nice to keep it level or better going into the second leg. We have effectively been knocked out by the first leg the past 4 years or so. So leaving it all to play for at home will be vital.

I still value the league ahead of all other competitions. I want us to win it.

Having said that I would love to knock Bayren Munich out of the CL.
    How we approach the away leg is vital. We must not lose imo. We must approach the away leg with a positive mental attitude and a proper game plan.

Just reminds me so much of these old ads :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

positive mental attitude

Have a listen to Arsecast from today. They touch on the new backroom team in place at the club. Forsythe's influence has meant that we've had a huge decrease in soft tissue injuries over the last 12 months, and the very 'noticeable' mental strength shown this year is down to a new team of sports psychs added to the team.

Not that for one second though, do I believe that we won't have a collapse at any stage, so typically us, but their insight was interesting to hear.

The game plan? That hasn't been too bad this year either mind you. SO FAR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Very different, and scary, view of the Emirates.

The media turinn on Klopp lolz

G Neville is still a twat

Also better to go out to Bayern in the last 16 rather than the semis if we are trying to mount s credible title challenge

mansize wrote: »
    Also better to go out to Bayern in the last 16 rather than the semis if we are trying to mount s credible title challenge

Good point, beating Bayern at that stage of the competition would show that we are serious contenders.

The only issue is that we will be playing Bayern in and amongst some of our toughest league fixtures. Away games to Chelsea, Liverpool and Southampton are all around that time in February.

We will really see what the team are made of then. Hopefully the injury gods will be kind to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Another big game tonight. Everton are struggling a bit but they are still dangerous. Hopefully we can get the win and put pressure on our rivals tomorrow

Another big game tonight. Everton are struggling a bit but they are still dangerous. Hopefully we can get the win and put pressure on our rivals tomorrow

never an easy place to go to. Even bearing in mind their poor form they will be up for a home game against us. We have the quality to beat them though.

Yeah we have had mixed results at Goodison recently, so will be another tough game I think even though Everton are on poor form. Ronald Koeman has done well against Wenger from memory too, I think he was in charge of PSV Eindhoven when they knocked us out of the champions league all them years ago. He did well with Southampton against us too, so I'm hoping that changes tonight.

Despite their form, Everton are unbeaten at home this season. Not going to be easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Despite their form, Everton are unbeaten at home this season. Not going to be easy.

Hopefully we'll put an end to that tonight.
    It will be a big test for us but we need big tests to keep us focused.
    We have to start with a high tempo and press them high. Don't let them get into a stride.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I'd like to see Giroud start - I think he brings more to games like this.

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I'd like to see Giroud start - I think he brings more to games like this.

I'm not sure, Everton surely won't sit back too much at home? Sanchez should have some space to work in up front.

Cant leave Sanchez out in the form he's in. Start the same 11 as the weekend, Bellerin in for Mustafi obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Delighted we are on the telly tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Tough game but the type we need to be winning.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

marvin80 wrote: »
    Tough game but the type we need to be winning.

Everton are due a decent performance at some stage. They have been poor for a while.

I'm happy enough with that team, the only worry I have is the obvious aerial threat of Lukaku as Gabriel and Koscielny aren't the strongest in the air. Apart from that we should be too strong for them providing that the team are on it from the get go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

niallo27 wrote: »
    Everton are due a decent performance at some stage. They have been poor for a while.

Everton to win their next 2 games would be ideal ;)

Everton away last season was a draw, would be great to better that tonight

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement