Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

No i wasnt and yes i would have. The club needs change.

Would have, could have, should have.

Yet didn't.

This week alone --

Chelsea - 6 points.
    City - 6 points.
    United - 6 points.
    Spurs - 6 points.
    Liverpool - 3 points (play again tomorrow)
    Arsenal - 0 points.

All hail Wenger and his braves.

A week is a great way to measure success

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

mansize wrote: »

Yet didn't.

You'd give him another contract would you?

Yeah lets measure success over a longer period like ten years

domrush wrote: »

I would make him a director bring in Leipzig coach

Laughable that someone using the 1996-2006 record tries to avoid the 2006-2016 record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

His record speaks for itself

I could show him splitting the Nile and others would want the amazon

I'm not going to change flawed opinions

But im talking about the present and going forward, not the past. Its ok to admit if you dont have an answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Better than 11 years?

domrush wrote: »

Yeah lets measure success over a longer period like ten years

Ten years

UEFA champions league qualification 10
    Group stage success 10
    FA cups 2
    Community Shield 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Never change Mansize. Never change.

Arsenal need your blind faith now more than ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Football has moved on, Wenger is dangerously old school at this stage.

wonga77 wrote: »
    But im talking about the present and going forward, not the past. Its ok to admit if you dont have an answer.

We're ahead of Spurs United and the league champions

In last 16 of UCL after winning our group

It's not amazing but it's success

I would make him a director bring in Leipzig coach

Ironic that you want Hasenhüttl who has been setting the bundesliga alight for all of 4 months.

Arsene needs your blind faith now more than ever.

Fyp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

whats the odds/chances of simeone being the next manager ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Same old soft centre Arsenal. So predictable at Christmas time, meltdown, albeit a bit early, it's usually just just after. We will not win the PL with Arsene Wenger in charge. Hopefully at the end of the season we will be looking for a new manager.

• Advertisement

Arsenal need your blind faith now more than ever.

Ironic accusing an agnostic of blind faith

I believe in evidence based assessment, not "gut feel"

Won our group by sheer luck, we didn't deserve to win it whatsoever. Barely drew in Paris, barely drew at home to em.

Ironic that you want Hasenhüttl who has been setting the bundesliga alight for all of 4 months.

He has brought them up and a manager that can built success I. The arsenL philosophy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Ten years

UEFA champions league qualification 10
    Group stage success 10
    FA cups 2
    Community Shield 1

I am a neutral in this so I admire your loyalty but Arsenal are in a fantastic position to be a top top club. Based in London, huge stadium loads of money they have to change things up, you must see what is going happen for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Well I am sure our team will sort that out by the New Year, lol.

• Advertisement

Am I crazy for going over to the Bayern match lads?

He has brought them up and a manager that can built success I. The arsenL philosophy
    He was appointed in May? Im nearly sure they were already promoted at that stage so he cant be given any credit for the promotion. As I said earlier he may well turn out to be a fine manager but could quite as easily be the latest flash in the pan, as you said yourself about Leicester - Its easy do it once...

+ edited to say that the Arsenal philosophy is a crock of shít, just something to brainwash the fans

Anyway lads just settle the heads.
    No need to get into a tizzy over this Arsenal.
    There are more important things in life.
    Nothing big going to happen until Wenger goes anyway.
    I didn't expect anything again this season so I am not going to be surprised or disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Not that I'm overly enthusiastic posting this today :mad:

Stat|2016/17|2015/16
    Corresponding points|34|30
    Scored 3 or more|9|9*
    Won by 3 or more|4|6*

*over full season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Its not amazing,its mediocre.

Can I ask a question without being cast to the lions?

Would it be the end of the world if we sold Sanchez and Ozil for current market value (rather then let them leave on a FREE) and bought Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Antoine Griezmann with the profits? Id say we would have to pay the same wages but the end product would be a hell of alot more!

I certainly feel it would be a better team TBH.

*Obviously it would have to be under new management or else they would end up in positions they never played before :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Would it be the end of the world if we sold Sanchez and Ozil for current market value (rather then let them leave on a FREE) and bought Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Antoine Griezmann with the profits? Id say we would have to pay the same wages but the end product would be a hell of alot more!

We won't get either of those players,

No point,within 6 months Wenger will have them playing exactly like the rest of the team...
    Like the idea though,but would they come.

Football has moved on, Wenger is dangerously old school at this stage.

I dunno. I reckon if he had his invincibles team playing in the league this year, nobody would say that. Good football is good football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭smilerf

I really hope this is his last season.
    Elneny needs to be in that team.
    A lot of people overrating Xhaka in here

• Advertisement

You read my mind hence the edit to my post before you posted this.

Obviously under NEW MANAGEMENT.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I dunno. I reckon if he had his invincibles team playing in the league this year, nobody would say that. Good football is good football.

So you reckon we've been playing good football then?

If you put current Wenger in charge of "That" team, we would only finish top 4.

So you reckon we've been playing good football then?

Nope not regularly. That's not what I was saying.

*Obviously it would have to be under new management or else they would end up in positions they never played before :rolleyes:

I know what your saying so its a hypothetical question so yeah Id let them go, but theres no hope we'd get either of those, they could get into most of the top teams in the world, not sure we'd be that attractive

One shot on target again today. Same as at OT.
    Arsene knows best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Haven't been on lately with Xmas and all, but I noticed there is nine full pages of posts to read. Exciting times. Lots to catch up on.

After half a page or so I quickly realised that the majority of these posts were made my Lazarus who still hasn't quiet managed to learn how to use multi-quote. It maybe that's just another of the latest fads.

Anyways. Its that time if year again. Wenger out - Wenger in - Wenger out and shake it all about!

Yet didn't.

Oh please....do try harder. That argument is pathetic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,662 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

It's December gents

• Advertisement

The big question is though as to Wengers change in recruitment policy from recruiting Warriors back then to hapless wallflowers now

The big question is though as to Wengers change in recruitment policy from recruiting Warriors back then to hapless wallflowers now

I dunno. People thought we was signing players with a bit of bite to them with the likes of Xhaka and Gabriel.

I dunno. People thought we was signing players with a bit of bite to them with the likes of Xhaka and Gabriel.

Xhaka started well but that sending off coupled with the one for Switzerland has affected his confidence by the look of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Xhaka was awful today. Along with lots of others, but he was one of the worst on the pitch.

If only I jumped on the latest fads

What, wanting the team to show a desire to win trophies is a fad? Put the shovel down and stop digging will you its getting embarrassing at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Really bad. Like really really bad.

I get the counterattacking plan but at no point in that second half did we play any football.

Cech had the most passes at one stage.

Massive massive failure by Wenger.

We've got a nearly full squad, players we're talking about paying 200k a week, defenders and a midfield we're happy with and in the league since the end Oct(when Santi went) we've gone DWDDWWWLL.

Basically we can't keep a clean sheet against anyone and anytime we're up against a half decent team, we create nothing going forward. But as usual we get about 2 points per game so we'll get top four.

But it's a joke. For all the money spent and wages paid, for all the youths coming through and world class talent, it's all down to Santi Cazorla.

I think it's clear Wenger doesn't know how to change this. He has tried to evolve from his original possession-based game but he doesn't know how to perfect this new style.

We'all always be good enough for top four but never for anything more.

• Advertisement

The same bluffer who preaches that Leicester were an anomaly wants a rookie unknown coach and not only that but he wants Wenger to hold his hand. You couldnt make some of this shít up. Fúck it, Eddie Howe has more credentials then that Hasenhuttl.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Xhaka was awful today. Along with lots of others, but he was one of the worst on the pitch.
    Ozil was even worse than Xhaka today imo.
    Didn't look like he wanted to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Feck it looks like December is our new November!

The same bluffer who preaches that Leicester were an anomaly wants a rookie unknown coach and not only that but he wants Wenger to hold his hand. You couldnt make some of this shít up. Fúck it, Eddie Howe has more credentials then that Hasenhuttl.

Id rather Eddie Howe...tbf;can work on a shoestring budget,motivates players beyond their abilities,the team is more than the sum of its parts.
    We need rid of the owners if anyone thinks a new top top manager can come in and splash the cash on top players under this shower that own the club,we are sadly mistaken,Wenger is happy to make the money,owners happy receiving it.
    Total change from top to bottom,this club should be one of the best in the world.
    No fcuking ambition shown by owners,if they had any they'd sack AW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I'don't think I've been so disappointed with a performance since the 6 0 defeat at Chelsea

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement