Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

mansize wrote: »
    If we had enough money to have quality XI and subs Özil and Sanchez wouldn't have to play as many games

More shíte talk and excuses. Even Wenger wouldnt spin that bull. Giroud was on the bench? Elneny was on the bench? And Ox is experienced enough to come off the bench and do a job? Wenger recruited these players, he's the manager.

Have you ever actually played the game of football? Those who have will know that if you dont move on the field, the opposition will score. No different to boxing. If you dont keep bobbing and weaving the chances of getting hit increases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I explained how I qualified that. It seems that Wenger and he would have a working relationship so Wenger would have to be involved in appointing his successor- do you believe he should be involved or not?

Not if that article is to be believed. It states that the Boards first choice is to extend the contract of Wenger, and they are still in negotiations. Then it stated they have already made contact with Ralph Hasenhüttl. Surely if they are contacting Ralph Hasenhüttl on the suggestion from Wenger then they can't see how negotiations on a new extended contract are anything but dead. That would mean that they are contacting Ralph Hasenhüttl as an alternative, and thus ultimately not under Wenger's advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

More shíte talk and excuses. Even Wenger wouldnt spin that bull. Giroud was on the bench? Elneny was on the bench? And Ox is experienced enough to come off the bench and do a job? Wenger recruited these players, he's the manager.

Have you ever actually played the game of football? Those who have will know that if you dont move on the field, the opposition will score. No different to boxing. If you dont keep bobbing and weaving the chances of getting hit increases.

I've officiated at boxing at international level

Having had brain surgery 4 times restricts your sporting opportunities

What level have you played at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2294046/arsenal-news-gunners-contact-rb-leipzig-boss-ralph-hasenhuttl-as-they-seek-arsene-wengers-successor/amp/?client=safari

It's the model of working under Wenger and willingness to do so. It would appear from reports that Wenger is involved in this.

More talking out of your HOLE!

The model, really? You are aware Red Bull Leipzig have literally bought success over the last couple of years, they were nothing 6 or 7 years ago, they were only founded in 2009... to top of the Bundesliga now...Thanks to...Guess what.... Oil money, oil - in the form of cans of energy drinks.

Yeah, I can see that being really close to the current arsenal model. And given you didn't even know the manager's name by actually calling him "Leipzig" yeah I'm calling you out on your BULLSH1T.

Of course you don't want klopp or Siemeone, far too mainstream for you, better get on the old Google there and see if you can come up with some obscure manager's name just to show how much you know about world football..

You sir are a bull sh1t merchant and I'm not buying.

I hold no sway in the words of Gary Neville- he's paid by sky to be a controversial reactionary pundit- the Katie Hopkins of football.

Those who can manage, those who can't pundit...

Gary Neville who won trophies galore as a player is 'The Katie Hopkins of football' and yet the Sun who are the lowest level of thrash of print newspaper around is a reliable source :rolleyes:

Exposed badly yet again.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Not if that article is to be believed. It states that the Boards first choice is to extend the contract of Wenger, and they are still in negotiations. Then it stated they have already made contact with Ralph Hasenhüttl. Surely if they are contacting Ralph Hasenhüttl on the suggestion from Wenger then they can't see how negotiations on a new extended contract are anything but dead. That would mean that they are contacting Ralph Hasenhüttl as an alternative, and thus ultimately not under Wenger's advice.

You can't have negotiations with only one available outcome tbf

Gary Neville who won trophies galore as a player is 'Katie Hopkins of football' and yet the Sun who are the lowest level of thrash are a reliable source :rolleyes:

Exposed badly yet again.

I only quoted that paper as they reported it.

Gary seems to criticise managers more than players and how they should manage, but couldn't follow his own advice to any degree of success in Spain

You can't have negotiations with only one available outcome tbf

You can't, but if I'm negotiating a contract with someone, and they send me off to try hire someone for their job, I think that means negotiations are dead. I'm sorry I don't count that article as any proof that Wenger has given his backing for the hiring of Ralph Hasenhüttl like you have stated previously.

More talking out of your HOLE!

The model, really? You are aware Red Bull Leipzig have literally bought success over the last couple of years, they were nothing 6 or 7 years ago, they were only founded in 2009... to top of the Bundesliga now...Thanks to...Guess what.... Oil money, oil - in the form of cans of energy drinks.

Yeah, I can see that being really close to the current arsenal model. And given you didn't even know the manager's name by actually calling him "Leipzig" yeah I'm calling you out on your BULLSH1T.

Of course you don't want klopp or Siemeone, far too mainstream for you, better get on the old Google there and see if you can come up with some obscure manager's name just to show how much you know about world football..

You sir are a bull sh1t merchant and I'm not buying.

I have previously used his name if you'd check your facts

I've officiated at boxing at international level

Having had brain surgery 4 times restricts your sporting opportunities

What level have you played at?

Locally. What the actual fúck has that to do with anything? Do i have to play champions league to have a valid opinion like say Gary Neville or perhaps write for that reliable source the Sun newspaper? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You can't, but if I'm negotiating a contract with someone, and they send me off to try hire someone for their job, I think that means negotiations are dead. I'm sorry I don't count that article as any proof that Wenger has given his backing for the hiring of Ralph Hasenhüttl like you have stated previously.

It involves a new position for Wenger. I don't care if you don't buy it cos I ain't selling it. But Wenger would be involved.

Locally. What the actual fúck has that to do with anything? Do i have to play champions league to have a valid opinion like say Gary Neville or perhaps write for that reliable source the Sun newspaper? :rolleyes:

You asked if I'd played... I thought asking you was resonable by that measure

I only quoted that paper as they reported it.

Gary seems to criticise managers more than players and how they should manage, but couldn't follow his own advice to any degree of success in Spain

The great Wenger was sacked from jobs too in France.

The great Wenger was sacked from jobs too in France.

Job. Singular. Unless you know something else?

I have previously used his name if you'd check your facts

2 weeks ago was the first time you mentioned him. Just after the Sun article. Is that article the basis of your whole opinion on Ralph Hasenhüttl? Have you seen RB Leipzig play? Do you consider his style of football to be congruent with Arsenal Football Club?

2 weeks ago was the first time you mentioned him. Just after the Sun article. Is that article the basis of your whole opinion on Ralph Hasenhüttl? Have you seen RB Leipzig play? Do you consider his style of football to be congruent with Arsenal Football Club?

I've seen them play, I prefer their style to Simone's

*Frantically youtubes RB Leipzig"

BRB GUYZ

He wasn't in contention prior to that! If I could have any manager it would be Conte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Job. Singular. Unless you know something else?

Will you please stop spamming this thread with multiple one line replies..
    post up your opinion and leave it at that,its a nightmare to read constant back and forth between you and somebody(me included).
    You are arguing with people by throwing out 1 line smart arse answers to anybody who disagrees with you.
    Its making this forum impossible to enjoy.

He wasn't in contention prior to that! If I could have any manager it would be Conte

But Wenger has beaten Conte. Surely Koeman would be a better choice considering Koeman has proven repeatedly that he has a tactical advantage over Wenger.

• Advertisement

gitzy16v wrote: »
    post up your opinion and leave it at that,its a nightmare to read constant back and forth between you and somebody(me included).
    You are arguing with people by throwing out 1 line smart arse answers to anybody who disagrees with you.

I am correcting things that are incorrect

He was only sacked by Nancy- what more do you want me to type???

But Wenger has beaten Conte. Surely Koeman would be a better choice considering Koeman has proven repeatedly that he has a tactical advantage over Wenger.

Conte's Italy impressed me greatly.

Koeman is not proven and I don't think he'd work under anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Practically every second post in this thread is from you, can you give it a break from arguing with every person on the thread for a while or at least wait a while and write a real post instead of 15 words

Typical,you know full well im talking about your general posting style throughout this whole thread!

domrush wrote: »
    Practically every second post in this thread is from you, can you give it a break from arguing with every person on the thread for a while

They quote me! Am I not entitled a right of reply?

Typical,you know full well im talking about your general posting style throughout this whole thread!

You quoted that! How I am to interpret that as "knowing full well" you mean something else???

You quoted that! How I am to interpret that as "knowing full well" you mean something else???

Wait a while so and write up a real paragraph or two explaining your points in detail instead of saying the same things over and over again and posting three times in a row to argue with three different people.

He was sacked by Monaco but it would seem that despite doing poorly with Nancy that they were reluctant to leave him go to Monaco. Tbf to him he kept them up on a limited budget. My point is you are running Neville down over a half season in Spain. His opinion is valid even if it doesnt suit your own narrative. He sees what the most of us see, Wenger is finished.

I wouldn't want Simone.

My first choice is Leipzig, Howe probably second. Not Simone.

Who would you guys put in charge?

I just wanted to quote you from yesterday... You know just to keep up the total bullshìt theme we've got going on from you.

Leipzig.
    Howe...

Your knowledge of football is immense, please continue...This is genuinely brilliant.

For the record I want Liverpool to be our next manager.

• Advertisement

I see Liverpool have snatched a win at Everton by the looks of things. Played to the final whistle and got the win. Our own boys made James McCarthy look like Roy Keane

He was sacked by Monaco but it would seem that despite doing poorly with Nancy that they were reluctant to leave him go to Monaco. Tbf to him he kept them up on a limited budget. My point is you are running Neville down over a half season in Spain. His opinion is valid even if it doesnt suit your own narrative. He sees what the most of us see, Wenger is finished.

He was sacked by Nancy. He left Monaco by mutual consent afaik

It's easy be a hurler on the ditch and offer nothing but cheap populist criticism- which is what I'm accusing Neville of, to be clear.

I see Liverpool have snatched a win at Everton by the looks of things. Played to the final whistle and got the win. Our own boys made James McCarthy look like Roy Keane

Listened on 5 live. Lucky to sneak the win

Liverpool got a foothold when McCarthy went off tbf

This is what I said...can you not work it out from that

He was sacked by Nancy. He left Monaco by mutual consent afaik

It's easy be a hurler on the ditch and offer nothing but cheap populist criticism- which is what I'm accusing Neville of, to be clear.

He's offering the truth. He's paid to be a pundit and he is telling it just how it is. Arsenal are a lazy uninspired looking bunch of deadbeats. Only you and Arsene Wenger see it different.

This is what I said...can you not work it out from that

Accusing someone of spamming is back seat modding afaik

If you think I'm just spamming report the posts

• Advertisement

For what its worth I could live with Wenger in a director of football role as he still has a lot of wisdom, great spotter of talent and a good footballing philosophy. I don't think any manager in the running for the job would accept working under a director of football though and if they did Wenger may start interfering too much. Hard to know really.

Mansize just a question are you a rereg of Gaygooner? He closed his account around the same time yours opened and you have very similar posting styles. No malice behind the question just interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Thank you sir. Maybe soon the message will filter down through his injured brain.

He's offering the truth. He's paid to be a pundit and he is telling it just how it is. Arsenal are a lazy uninspired looking bunch of deadbeats. Only you and Arsene Wenger see it different.

Katie Hopkins tells it like it is too. Hence my comparison.

Giving populist anti establishment answers is simplistic and reductive. Like a meeting I was at this evening where people didn't seem to see the lack of a corollary between incarceration and recidivism

For what its worth I could live with Wenger in a director of football role as he still has a lot of wisdom, great spotter of talent and a good footballing philosophy. I don't think any manager in the running for the job would accept working under a director of football though and if they did Wenger may start interfering too much. Hard to know really.

Wenger should go full stop. Completely sever ties. Let us get on with the football. He's hampered us enough the last few years.

• Advertisement

Way ahead of you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Mansize just a question are you a rereg of Gaygooner? He closed his account around the same time yours opened and you have very similar posting styles. No malice behind the question just interested

And the EFB chap too.

Giving populist anti establishment answers is simplistic and reductive. Like a meeting I was at this evening where people didn't seem to see the lack of a corollary between incarceration and recidivism

Sweet Jesus.
    Please please keep going.

Accusing someone of spamming is back seat modding afaik

Im asking you politely,im not in the habit of reporting posters every time something annoys me.
    I asked you because the quality of this thread goes downhill,when there is constant bickering back and forth,with no proper arguments put forward for debate.Just one liners.

Your comparing Katie Hopkins to Gary Neville??? No....just no.

Just to translate this idiotic logic. I dont agree with that man so in my eyes he is the equivalent of Katie Hopkins :rolleyes:

Dear oh dear oh dear

What would he have got if he was watching that rubbish yesterday?

He may learn to like it....otherwise he is as bad as Katie Hopkins :rolleyes:

emmetlego wrote: »
    Thank you sir. Maybe soon the message will filter down through his injured brain.

To clarify, my brain wasn't injured. It's a birth condition that manifests itself in later life.

My surgeon said no to contact sport. I could have been a contender (not)

Your comparing Katie Hopkins to Gary Neville??? No....just no.

Just to translate this idiotic logic. I dont agree with that man so in my eyes he is the equivalent of Katie Hopkins :rolleyes:

Dear oh dear oh dear

Try a better translation

To clarify, my brain wasn't injured. It's a birth condition that manifests itself in later life.

My surgeon said no to contact sport. I could have been a contender (not)

I thought they may have taken it out and forgot to put it back in judging by some of the scutter your talking

Been a while since I had a good old rage at some idiot on the internet...But im getting there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement