Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

mansize wrote: »
    Improved result on the last Boxing Day

F*ckin hell i was cross that day.

Anyone know where we are on the MOTD running order? Can't stomach watching most of the other teams right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Anyone know where we are on the MOTD running order? Can't stomach watching most of the other teams right now.

Yeah. Had the opportunity to go top and lost 4-0. Shocking.

That and Swansea were the big 2 losses last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

The MOTD running order: Che/Bou, ManU/Sun, Swa/WHU, Hull/ManC, Ars/WBA, wat/CP, Lei/Eve, Bur/Boro. Some sensational goals. @BBCOne 10.55

Linekers Twitter

gosplan wrote: »

Swansea game was worst for me. Holy hell jesus I was cross that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Swansea game was worst for me. Holy hell jesus I was cross that day.
    Me too. But to be honest, I've gotten so apathetic watching Arsenal's league and UCL knock out stages I recover a lot quicker these days. I used to be upset for weeks after big losses, now a few hours and I'm back on track!

emmetlego wrote: »
    Me too. But to be honest, I've gotten so apathetic watching Arsenal's league and UCL knock out stages I recover a lot quicker these days. I used to be upset for weeks after big losses, now a few hours and I'm back on track!

Me too, normally.

But City took me most of the week to get over.

Spanners.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Chelsea really are performing like Leicester were last year. Seem to be getting a lot of goals for the amount of shots they take.

Today we had 26 shots, with 11 on target, and only managed one goal. They had 14 shots, 5 on target, and 3 goals.
    We've had a few games recently with 1 shot on target too though.

We also kept a clean sheet!

We've had a few games recently with 1 shot on target too though.

Yeah, my point was more about how clinical Chelsea are this season.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yeah, my point was more about how clinical Chelsea are this season.

Any chance Kante is the connection.

We're we're lethal with Vieira when he consistently won the ball high up the pitch.

Haven't watched many Chelsea matches this year but wonder are many goals from quick turnovers.

• Advertisement

We're we're lethal with Vieira when he consistently won the ball high up the pitch.

Haven't watched many Chelsea matches this year but wonder are many goals from quick turnovers.

That's stretching it a bit IMO. It's down to the team quality and their system. Good manager that Conte fella. They will win the league I think, and easily too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

They had Kante for the first few months when they were struggling....but they were struggling playing 4-3-3. He is a quality player for sure but its mostly the system. 3-4-3 is, in my opinion, the best formation in modern football and when you practice at it, you become a force. Conte likes 3 at the back, and it's working well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Just saw the highlights there, we really were cutting it fine. The other big teams seem to have won fairly comfortably compared to us.

Something needs to change next year if we want any chance of progressing in the CL and making a dent in Chelsea's title run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Ah the baggies going well this year, tough nut to crack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

liam7831 wrote: »

They are, still prefer Giroud as a sub though, maybe around the 60th minute if things aren't working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    They are, still prefer Giroud as a sub though, maybe around the 60th minute if things aren't working.

You become very predictable if that's the tactics for every game

Kirby wrote: »
    They had Kante for the first few months when they were struggling....but they were struggling playing 4-3-3. He is a quality player for sure but its mostly the system. 3-4-3 is, in my opinion, the best formation in modern football and when you practice at it, you become a force. Conte likes 3 at the back, and it's working well.

I think a lot of credit is given to Conte and the system. You also have the likes of Pedro, who was extremely poor, playing well. Hazard is back in form, as well as Costa.

In reality this is a team that easily won the Premier League back playing at the level they should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

You become very predictable if that's the tactics for every game

Which is why I didn't say the 70th :) Half time then, at least vary it up a bit, I just see him as a sub is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Not today. No Kante, no Costa .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If he is going to start the team really needs to learn to play to his strengths. Did that all too rarely yesterday.

If he is going to start the team really needs to learn to play to his strengths. Did that all too rarely yesterday.

Ya don't say?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Beetlejuice! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Stats updated for the City and WBA games.

Player|League Goals|Total Goals|League Assists|Total Assists
    Sanchez|12|14|6|9
    Walcott|8|11|2|2
    Ozil|5|9|3|6
    Oxlade Chamberlain|2|6|4|6
    Giroud|4|6|1|2
    Perez|0|5|0|3
    Xhaka|1|3|0|0
    Cazorla|2|2|2|3
    Koscielny|2|2|0|0
    Iwobi|1|2|3|3
    Own Goal|1|2|0|0
    Chambers|1|1|0|0
    Ramsey|0|0|1|2
    Elneny|0|0|1|2
    Bellerin|0|0|2|2
    Gibbs|0|0|1|2
    Akpom|0|0|0|1
    Monreal|0|0|1|1
    Mustafi|0|0|1|1

• Advertisement

Danny Welbeck returns to full training today

Harry Kane balloons a peno over the bar lol 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Harry Kane balloons a peno over the bar lol 😂

But they still win easily at a difficult place and didn't really have to play well.

But they still win easily at a difficult place and didn't really have to play well.

You have to take the good out of it...

Harry "Overrated" Kane pmsl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

The spuds won well tonight. Thankfully they are still behind us in the table.

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    The spuds won well tonight. Thankfully they are still behind us in the table.

Against 10 man Saints, not a real surprise really, but yes, delighted to be ahead of the also rans!!!

Its a fair sign of how far our stock has fallen when we are even pushed about Tottenhams results. I would doubt we gave a ****e back in 98,02, or 04. Granted Tottenham have improved since but we have been happy to fall and just about finish slightly above their standard.

Its a fair sign of how far our stock has fallen when we are even pushed about Tottenhams results. I would doubt we gave a ****e back in 98,02, or 04. Granted Tottenham have improved since but we have been happy to fall and just about finish slightly above their standard.

Who's happy with that?

Tottenham were in the only match yesterday. I wouldn't read too much into people commenting on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Couldn't give a **** about spurs or where they finish, wasn't born hating them and think it's stupid people in here hoping we finish above them, only time I wanna finish above them is when we win the league

FixitFelix wrote: »
    stupid people in here hoping we finish above them
    Wind your neck in there. Just because I want us to be better than our local rivals makes me stupid??

emmetlego wrote: »
    Wind your neck in there. Just because I want us to be better than our local rivals makes me stupid??

I like the way you only quoted the "stupid people" part
    When I said "I think it's stupid" so maybe you should wind your neck in

It's a great record to have finished above them for the last 20 years. Long may it last. It wasn't always like that you know.

greendom wrote: »
    It's a great record to have finished above them for the last 20 years. Long may it last. It wasn't always like that you know.

But how many of them winning the league? Means nothing

May mean nothing to you. It does to me. Keeps them in their place. Did you really get no satisfaction from pushing them down to 3rd when they were in a 2 horse race?

Having a row at 10 in the morning with anonymous people about perceptions amoung Arsenal fans regarding Tottenham.

Must suck being back in work alright.

• Advertisement

May mean nothing to you. It does to me. Keeps them in their place. Did you really get no satisfaction from pushing them down to 3rd when they were in a 2 horse race?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

No

I did, thought it was hilarious.

Mustafi back in full training. Could well be on the bench for the Palace game. Good news

We really have to start winning games early and enjoying our football.
    Scraping one goal wins and not being able to enjoy the games will take it's toll eventually so a few fluid performances are needed.
    Let's hope a good run can start tomorrow.
    I don't think we'll challenge now as we're too far back but good performances are needed nonetheless.

The league is gone lads let's get behind the team

Indeed. We have to be still up there to attract a good new man.

Indeed. We have to be still up there to attract a good new man.

Yes, for Wenger to guide

Ah, Vienna, I mean Felix 😝

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Whilst I'm not saying we'll win it, the league is far from over we are only hitting half way point 9. Chelsea will blip mark my words

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    Whilst I'm not saying we'll win it, the league is far from over we are only hitting half way point 9. Chelsea will blip mark my words

They need to lose those matches and we have to win,which is something we've failed to do previously.
    We rarely make teams pay for their blips

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement