Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ramsey has to be making the keeper work from there.

Ramsey has to be making the keeper work from there.

Ramsey is lacking that match sharpness. He probably needs a good run of games to get him back into the groove

Handy win. We didn't have to be brilliant. Rested a few and gave a few fringe players a run-out. Good day all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Good 3pts, comfortable enough. Good start to the year need to beat Bournemouth now on Tuesday, that's a tough game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Enjoyable, should have had more but comfortable in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

What's up with Sanchez? He was getting visibly upset and frustrated towards the end of the game there. Berating team mates when the right pass wasn't played etc. I can't remember him being like that before.

Anyway good easy win in the end. Should have been more, but can't complain with the three points, happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Should have been more on the day but happy to see them get the win. Drew at home to Palace last season

Stat|2016/17|2015/16
    Corresponding points|40|34
    Scored 3 or more|9|9*
    Won by 3 or more|4|6*

*over full season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

What's up with Sanchez? He was getting visibly upset and frustrated towards the end of the game there. Berating team mates when the right pass wasn't played etc. I can't remember him being like that before.

Anyway good easy win in the end. Should have been more, but can't complain with the three points, happy days.

Because he wanted badly to get on the score sheet and also he knows it should probably of been 5 or 6. Nothing wrong with the desire he is showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Because he wanted badly to get on the score sheet and also he knows it should probably of been 5 or 6. Nothing wrong with the deserve he is showing.

Yeah nothing wrong with wanting perfection alright, would be good if some of the others showed his same desire. Just never saw him get that frustrated and riled up before.

What an incredibly humble and likeable man Olivier Giroud is. :)

• Advertisement

Very noticeable today, might have been frustrated he wasn't playing CF, although like messi, ronaldo, Suarez and the likes they are only really happy when the win is happening through them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

2 clean sheets in a row aswell

What an incredibly humble and likeable man Olivier Giroud is. :)

Was just thinking that watching him and also Bellerin speaks very well for a young lad. Good win and a great goal so well done today

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

C1Gkd33WQAAi05c.jpg:large

mansize wrote: »
    Nanny's removal today so I won't see the match. I'm predicting 3-1

Sorry for your troubles. Hope you're ok at such a sad time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

FixitFelix wrote: »

Because he wanted badly to get on the score sheet and also he knows it should probably of been 5 or 6. Nothing wrong with the deserve he is showing.
    well said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

We won. Good.

OG12 scored too. V good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

We won. Good.

OG12 scored too. V good

have you had a chance to see it yet ?

If you haven't its worth waiting for MOTD to watch it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

greendom wrote: »
    have you had a chance to see it yet ?

If you haven't its worth waiting for MOTD to watch it

Here it is if you don't want to wait for MOTD, http://arsenalist.com/f/2016-17/arsenal-vs-crystal-palace/goaaal-what-a-goal-olivier-giroud-1-0.html

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »

What makes it even better it was his flick that started the move and he busted his arse then to get in the box

gandalf wrote: »

Just watched it again.
    It would never have been created but for the tracking back and interception by Perez. I gave him a bit of stick too for being pushed off the ball easily but he did very well here.

Oh my! Just saw that goal!!!

Set MOTD2 to pvr

Sorry for your troubles. Hope you're ok at such a sad time.

Cheers TL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Just watched it again.
    It would never have been created but for the tracking back and interception by Perez. I gave him a bit of stick too for being pushed off the ball easily but he did very well here.

I have questioned his physical presence too... I forgive you!!!

For me, the goal was made even more special by the flick by Giroud, to set up the counter attack after Perez won the ball back.

Should have won that by 4 or 5 goals. Ah well... That goal was worth the ticket price alone!

Need to beat Bournemouth now. Our rivals are on a similar march too.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ezekel

emmetlego wrote: »
    I have questioned his physical presence too... I forgive you!!!

For me, the goal was made even more special by the flick by Giroud, to set up the counter attack after Perez won the ball back.

Should have won that by 4 or 5 goals. Ah well... That goal was worth the ticket price alone!

Need to beat Bournemouth now. Our rivals are on a similar march too.

As Fergie used to say squeeky bum time

• Advertisement

Was that the best Arsenal goal you've ever seen???

I still say DB10 v NUFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Favourite three are Bergkamp take down and shoot versus Leicester, Eduardo Vs Burnley and Tony Adams Vs Everton. Wilsheres against Norwich a couple years ago was another cracker too, great team goal. Girouds one though was definitely up there with the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

I still say DB10 v NUFC

I prefer his goal v Sunderland in the cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

I still say DB10 v NUFC

Defo a contender for my No.1...
    Henry scored a peach against utd too..

• Advertisement

Henry's chip up-spin-kick vs ManU?

emmetlego wrote: »
    Henry's chip up-spin-kick vs ManU?

That's it.In fairness that man had a few crackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Come on. any real gunner fan would pick the goal Henry scored by basically running past the entire Spurs team!

Come on. any real gunner fan would pick the goal Henry scored by basically running past the entire Spurs team!

Or his one against Madrid, making their world class players look like chumps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I think this is one of the best Arsenal goals I've seen, pity about the cu*t that scored it!!

So many good memories,hard to pick a definite best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Giroud's scorpion v Palace is right up there with some of my favourite goals I've seen for Arsenal. Off the top of my head and in no particular order:

Henry chip and volley v United
    Henry mazy run v Spurs
    Henry mazy run v Liverpool
    Henry mazy run v Real
    Henry control, turn and outside of boot into far corner from outside box v Sparta Prague
    Bergkamp spin v Newcastle
    Bergkamp Hollanesque v Leicester
    Van Persie volley v Charlton
    Van Persie cutting in from sideline and curling in odd post v Blackburn
    Kanu from the sideline v Chelsea

Many great goals left out I'm sure

Another brilliant 1, Dennis and Thierry really do heavily populate the list of great goals. Giroud's from yesterday is well up there with the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

L'prof wrote: »
    Giroud's scorpion v Palace is right up there with some of my favourite goals I've seen for Arsenal. Off the top of my head and in no particular order:

Henry chip and volley v United
    Henry mazy run v Spurs
    Henry mazy run v Liverpool
    Henry mazy run v Real
    Henry control, turn and outside of boot into far corner from outside box v Sparta Prague
    Bergkamp spin v Newcastle
    Bergkamp Hollanesque v Leicester
    Van Persie volley v Charlton
    Van Persie cutting in from sideline and curling in odd post v Blackburn
    Kanu from the sideline v Chelsea

Many great goals left out I'm sure

Henry vrs Weiz.

Three touches without the ball hitting the ground.

1 to control, 2 to take it over a defender, 3 to curl it around the keeper into the top corner.

It was all amazing but I've never seen a volleyed finish like it.

If it wasn't preseason it'd be much more highly regarded.

Kinda like Bergkamp v Newcastle.

Giroud was amazing yesterday but those other two, for me, were things that no-one else has ever tried.

It's where all the other players do something different.

Like Bergkamp vrs Newcastle, everyone else tries to control it, spin and finish. Henry vrs Weiz, everyone takes it down, finds the space and shoots.

Only Denis would send the ball one way and spin the other, only Thierry would decide to attempt a volleyed finish most players can't do with a ball on the he ground.

Any word on Ozil?
    Was it just a rest he was having or is he really sick?

• Advertisement

Roisky againat Spurs too

Any word on Ozil?

I'd say the Istanbul tragedy could have affected him also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Wilshere team goal for me. Out of this world

Any word on Ozil?

Wenger said pre game that some members of the squad had the flu. I'd say that has something to do with it. I thought Iwobi did well in the position, the goal aside, worked very hard back to defend too. He linked very well with the attackers.

Also some of Xhaka's passing from deep was brilliant yesterday, linked defence and attack superbly.

Thought we deserved more goals to be fair also, a 4-0 scoreline wouldn't have been flattering.

But all these thoughts sink into insignificance when you remember that goal! Just wow.

Funny story that my dad told at my nan's funeral. She used to wash the team jerseys- they were hopeless. Dad would help but she would wash the ones with blood as the lads would be in a few schmozzles

One day she told dad she was quitting as they were hopeless. Dad said they always lose- she's replied, yeah, but they don't even fight anymore!!!

Reminded me of the arguments here, I guess she wouldn't be on my side lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

'Pool dropping 2 points today. After Day 2, 2017 is shaping up nicely :P

'Pool dropping 2 points today. After Day 2, 2017 is shaping up nicely :P

Played poor, Sturridge picked up a knock, Firmino still in poor form and Mane off to the African Nations, they've a challenge in January on there hands

I see Mike Dean struck again.
    The game has to be always about him.

That's it I used to think he was just **** against Arsenal but over time realised he is just ****, it's appaling he is still allowed ref at his level, loves taking the limelight

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    That's it I used to think he was just **** against Arsenal but over time realised he is just ****, it's appaling he is still allowed ref at his level, loves taking the limelight

Stephen Hunt had a cut at him too in his indo column

https://www.balls.ie/football/stephen-hunt-on-mike-dean/355591

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement